Sign in to follow this  
Allenkey

Wishing well (Question to the Development staff)

Pertaining wishing wells... No actual numbers were ever added to the Wikipedia as what the percentage chances are to have a 'wish' make it through. I am aware that it is 'amount' dependant... But I'd also like to know if it is almost purely a money sink or when the last wish was received by @Rolf

Ya know... Before I spend 50s making wishes for no reason...

Allenkey

https://pastebin.com/WdMNTqq4 there's the code for it

so basically, currency value, courier cast, it being nighttime? ql of mailbox, ql of coin, are all modifiers, and the value of the coin is attached to the message rolf gets. alternatively, you could just mail rolf@wurmonline.com and not use a coin. dunno if he puts special thought into messages that come from dropping coins into a fountain.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Don't waste money on it, seems silly.

• Like 2

Would be easier to just send him a real letter, and way cheaper.

• Like 2

It is probably better to send Rolf coins by buying silver through the Wurm shop.

Rolf then gets real life coins he can actually use, and you get the silver coins to make (almost) all your Wurm wishes come true. :)

• Like 3

More specific info for those that don't speak nerd or know how to read code well -

Assume you had a 100 cast well, a 100 QL copper five coin, and it is night time.

Assuming the QL and cast of the coin and well are all kept at 100, five copper is the minimum amount that can be used to give a chance at sending the email.

Bump these down to 50QL, and your minimum coinage value goes up to twenty copper.

It is always still a chance, and cutting it closer to these minimums reduces that chance.

IE using higher value than necessary can help ensure the email will be sent.

Pretty straightforward standard wurm stuff, it operates about the way I'd think anyone would expect it to.

• Like 2

Wait, what? We have wishing wells ingame? Lol. Would someone care to explain for those of us who never heard of it, how it works? What does it do? Asume i know nothing like Jon Snow :D

• Like 1

Lol, that's how I annoyed Rolf to put cookies ingame. Just about every time I found a coin foraging, I'd rename it "Cookies plz"  or "We need cookies!"  xD

This is done by casting Courier or Dark Messenger on a water source, like a well (I believe fountains work as well?). The water or the container (I forget which) should give you a new context option when right clicked with a coin active. It's been in the game since the very earliest days of Wurm. Also not an incredibly useful nor overly polished facet of the game - Hence the general lack of knowledge that it even exists.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, whereami said:

This is done by casting Courier or Dark Messenger on a water source, like a well or fountain. The water or the container (I forget which) should give you a new context option when right clicked with a coin active. It's been in the game since the very earliest days of Wurm.

Lmao i had no idea about this for 5 years of playing. Never came to mind that i can cast Courier on a well or anything other than a mail or tourete lol. 

And that option is what, to write mail to Rolf?

So my attempts at Nerf Ping with foraged coins wont work??