Sign in to follow this  
Tryst

Workers?

Has anyone managed to mod some workers? I heard something about some highway workers who will build a highway but can't seem to find anything else about it.

It would be nice to have NPC workers (even spirits for easier pathing) who will build roads, flatten a large area of land, mine or help out on the farm by tending the crops when they need it.

I am wondering if @Ildar's helper mod could be the basis for this type of thing? His mod has helper bots that do the things you've mentioned in the context of the currently logged in user.

If it could be extended to:

1) Read some sort of input request (perhaps a parchment with order like farm, x-start,y-start, x-end,y-end)

2) Bring into instance a worker bot (visualization would be even cooler)

3) Complete the work

4) Subtract payment (of course you could do payment up front by selling the parchments)

Just a thought, would be interested in hearing Ildar's comments around how feasible (regardless of whether he would personally want to take it on or not)

Yes, the helper mod is just a bot, similar to a macro system but requires your character to do it.

I'd like someone to tend the field with a rake from a storage bin when it needs doing while I am off doing some other job and so on.

Or maybe do the boring (and often dangeous job of creating a 1 tile wide road or 2 tile wide highway), given a bulk bin full of bricks to do it of course since I don't expect the mats to be magicked out of thin air.

Flag field tiles for them to tend. When the crop grows and needs tending, they move into action, otherwise they stand inside the field area and just wait.

Flagging the tiles for the road worker to act on, (you can do this on horseback), so you actually have to travel the route yourself for the road to mark each tile with a small red flag which they then follow. They level the furthest border and lower/raise the incline if it exceeds 20.

As for payment, I'd say that could be an option for the mod so you can reduce it by percentage or even turn it off if you prefer. If you're already supplying the mats and tools for the job, it would be extortion to expect to much in payment for it, you're only paying for the labour. A message that X has been removed from your bank account is displayed to show that they have completed the work and have been paid.

Edited by Tryst
clarification.

Maybe it could be made to alter the guards to tend the tiles they guard when not under attack?