Sign in to follow this  
Jakari

Breeding timer.

We have been try to up the breeding time modifier with little success. Is there a max? What does the number actually represent? I've bumped it up to 100000 and it had little effect if any at all. I also used a GM command to change the age of a foal but the model of the horse did not change.

Foal models are currently oversized in WU, about 4X larger than they are supposed to be, so that a foal is actually a smidgen larger than a young adult. The main way to tell the difference in model is the foal's "baby face" vs the young "adult face".  However, another likelihood is  the graphics for models maybe  "cached" and thus don't immediately update -- this seems to happen between horse age stages, so that you get a different message about a horse's age (or sometimes disease status) from looking at it versus the text you get while leading it etc. I think the only way to force an immediate update may be to relog, though it is possible entering+exiting a mine or boarding+deboarding a vehicle may also force a model refresh. You could also try hitting F1 and type REFRESH into the console, although I am not sure that refreshes models or only textures.

The WU setting for breeding time modifier might be broken (according to BDew's comment here). BDew has some mods that will make a foal grow up after a day or two instead of waiting weeks, as well as one I think that accelerates pregnancy. Normal pregnancy time is 5-10 days (random in that range). If I recall from playing on BDew's Otherlands server (this was a couple years ago), the mother horse would still show the normal 5-10 day timer but regardless would give birth around the second day. 

EDIT: Oops might be Ago's mod that causes foals to age faster:  CreatureAgeMod: Animals grow up faster

and I am not sure whether BDew ever publicly released the horse pregnancy mod,  as I can't seem to find such a mod through search, but I do recall him adding the mod to Otherlands at one point.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors