Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Dead spot in UI

Just started happening for me, no changes to my UI etc.

There is a dead spot in my UI on the right hand side half way up the screen. I will use a bucket of water as an example but it does this for everything in that area.

I right click the water inside the bucket and the right click menu pops up and I mouse over the options. Only the Examine, no target drop prices and emote work, the center ones taste eat and rename do not highlight and cannot be used.

If I expand say a back pack above the bucket, moving the bucket lower in the window , everything works fine and what ever is in the "dead spot" in the UI now does not have a functioning UI. Moving the inventory window a few inches to the left everything works normally.

I opened the HUD checked to make sure there were no other windows under that area that maybe invisibly messing with the inventory window, nothing.

Anything in the offending UI area has no right click functionality.

Anyone else having this issue or have a fix for it?

it's windows 10 notification column on right of the screen

alt+tab a few times.. it's fixed..

this happens for fullscreen-borderless

o7

did not work for me, the dead area is only 3 inches square middle right side of the UI, turned that area off, still no help. I have been running dual monitors for months in windowed mode so i can easily move from screen to screen, this issue just came up. I was not sure if an update in wurm or soemthing else might be causing it. My second monitor does not have this problem.

Edited by TheShawv

Not sure if related. I get similar behavior sometimes after I contribute to one of the missions and the mission contribution popup doesn't quite go away properly. It is however top left instead of middle left.

Mission bug is years old..(still not fixed)
I think you have the windows notification area bugging the HUD or just saving some area for notifications that just aren't shown..

Can you screen shot next time you get this and show where exactly elements aren't working?

https://imgur.com/a/1FlEZKi

It is on the main monitor out of the 2, i changed main monitor to the off hand monitor i use less.

There is a spot on the screen where you mouse over stuff like a iron vein, and the words/ mouse disappears totally, but only on the one monitor set to main.