Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Dark Theme for Wurmpedia

I had lasik eye surgery 2 months ago and have light sensitivity.  I'm told it gets better with time, but at night when it's dark in my room of death, a super bright white Wurmpedia is killer and invokes eyestrain on me fast.  I can't be the only person that would find this useful.

Please for the love of <deity> can we have a dark theme for the Wurmpedia?

• Like 1

+1

What about forum? Is there another theme, or only this one?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Votip said:

+1

What about forum? Is there another theme, or only this one?

+1 as for the above the forum used to have different themes but since then those options have all been hidden away im sure a dark theme exists still

You can get a addon for this, which will help you with every website, but it won't work right on every website so you will have to adjust settings. https://darkreader.org

Great idea. I spend a lot of time in wiki and it definitely gets to the eyes. Right now I have my computer set to a lower brightness for after the sun goes down, but still, this is a great idea that would prevent all that.

I had not thought of using browser extensions or themes, I'll look in to that.    I do think some official forum and wiki themes would be awesome however.  Something like Slate theme, where it's slate brick or slab backgrounds with walnut plank headers.. I dunno, something official and unique.

5 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

I had not thought of using browser extensions or themes, I'll look in to that.    I do think some official forum and wiki themes would be awesome however.  Something like Slate theme, where it's slate brick or slab backgrounds with walnut plank headers.. I dunno, something official and unique.

Well the template wurmpedia uses is media wiki, so there is a dark theme available which just would need to be installed by someone at code club. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Vector-DarkCSS

I typically use firefox and just tried the dark theme option. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually invert the colors on the pedia page.    boo

I know it’s pricey, but maybe the blue filter glasses could help?