Sign in to follow this  
Druanie

South West highway screwed

So we used to have a pretty nice at least 2-4 wide highway, it came from the great south mountain road, heading west till the coastal end, been intact since before the great south mountain highway was done. The ball has been dropped, by many.....

Editing for many reasons....

Edited by Druanie

I'm by no means a rules type of person.

is it possible to divert around them?

is it possible to work on it regardless of them?

it seems like the greatest chance of success typically comes from doing something yourself. whatever motivation they had working on it, seems to be gone.

At this point, after a year or three, honestly, that highway doesn't route through their deed. That's too bad.

You haven't spoken with them personally, either, go give that a try. people usually behave responsibly when confronted in a neighborly fashion, especially when you're offering assistance accomplishing the request. make it a neighborhood project ;)

Good luck!

The only way around them is to build up land through the water. TBH I haven't lived at home in a while, I have lived on other servers, but now that I am here, and taken over a deed north of this mess, it ticks me off. So yeah, it now affects me. So far, the neighborly requests have been met with hostility (IE freak outs, so i have been told). So no, I am not hopeful. Appreciate the feedback, but if they received GM approval to redo the highway, they should be held to that, regardless of desire. It goes beyond them, more people rely on that highway than just them.

File a /support ticket on them and let the GMs force them to fix it.

Less stress on you and less animosity built up between the parties.  

It seems quite clear they have no real interest on "working with the local community."

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Thank you, did end up in contact with GM's, after some back and forth they are expediting matters :) this has gone on for many years to long!

• Like 2

That sounds hostile. I'm glad the GMs are working to fix this.

Probably the best outcome.

Good for you Druanie :)

Now share some pics of the road once it's fixed :D

I will :) Appreciate the feedback, I am not usually one to cause a stink, but there have been many attempts to "fix" the issue and all have failed.

• Like 1

Edited because I feel I am now being targeted, nothing major, could be coincidence, but yeah, odd stuff

This was an old situation from 2016 when GM approval to remove a highway was still needed after making a new route. 

Unfortunately this was also around the time of the new Waystone and Wagoner system and it got lost in the shuffle after a year of trying to contact anyone.

The people who currently live in the area of the old highway case have successfully connected a road around their deeds along the shore line.

The old case is now fully completed.

They did connect an actual road, sorry that it took this much to get it done, appreciate all involved.