Sign in to follow this  
Stargrace

Sermon Tracking Tool

I'm not sure what other tools are out there, but I thought I'd share one we use for tracking sermons, so everyone knows when to go / who has gone and it's pretty automatic and straight forward. Big huge thank you to Danky & Barefoot from Wurm Unlimited who put this together so I could use it for our Priestpalooza on Sklotopolis. It works for both WU and WO as long as your sermons are default timers. 

google doc 

1. Make a copy of the google document by going to file -> make a copy

2. Sign up for sermons in the A column

3. Right after you do a sermon, copy & paste your faith gain in the B column ** important ** do not post anything in the B column unless you have done your sermon turn, as it will affect the rest of the times on the document!

4. Repeat for next sermon

As the count down gets closer to your turn, the background colour for who goes next changes from yellow to blue indicating you're up soon.

Be sure to set google doc permissions so people viewing can add their names and paste their gains. 

Column A - sermon roster

Column B - faith gains posted by players after they sermon, when you hit enter in this column, it updates the times for columns C, D, and E 

Column C - the time you hit enter (UTC) in column B 

Column D - the ETA between the next sermon, so you can easily tell when your turn is coming up

Column E - the time in UTC 12h that enter was hit in column B 

2JZVj4k.png

• Like 3

I just use local, and force the priests at the sermon to use it.

Wurm assistant tells us when alignment is off cooldown, and when you preach, your name goes to the back of the local list.

Example:

[01:36:08]  <Wargasm> Next sermon:  06  Priest 1, Priest 2, Priest 3, Priest 4, Priest 5, Priest 6, Wargasm

Then 30 minutes later when priest 1 preaches....

[02:06:32] <Priest 1> Next sermon:  37  Priest 2, Priest 3 ... ... ... Priest 6, Wargasm, Priest 1.

If someone new joins, they go at the back of the line too.  No google docs required :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Wurm assistant tells us when alignment is off cooldown, and when you preach, your name goes to the back of the local list.

Example:

[01:36:08]  <Wargasm> Next sermon:  06  Priest 1, Priest 2, Priest 3, Priest 4, Priest 5, Priest 6, Wargasm

[02:06:32] <Priest 1> Next sermon:  37  Priest 2, Priest 3 ... ... ... Priest 6, Wargasm, Priest 1.

If someone new joins, they go at the back of the line too.  No google docs required :)

Not saying there isn't other ways but - with BL & WL preaching together, alignment ticks are not always showing properly on WA. I've also heard a number of people saying "I'm in a different time zone, when do I go again?" and this takes care of that or trying to figure it all out.

This way, no one has to actually calculate when they go next or run WA to figure it out (you don't need to install anything at all). It's just another method that is a bit more hands off, for anyone who likes that sort of thing. 

Edited by Stargrace

As a visual person, I like looking at a sheet and seeing "oh, it's 18 minutes to the next sermon" - and going back to doing whatever I'm doing, rather than "Oh, last sermon was at :54 so now I have to wait until.. hmm lets see, 30 minutes from :54" and then figuring that out, and scrolling through local, especially if I'm some place where I don't have WA installed, or BL & WL are doing sermons together so my alignment timer is all over the place. 

Again not saying one is better or that there isn't other ways, just that this is a really hands off simple way for anyone who enjoys that sort of thing. :)

Edited by Stargrace

I like this, but have you thought of talking with whoever was the author of wurm-assistant, and making it a automated, so you just add the names or people and somehow just make it way more easier and self-rearranging the timers etc.. with WA, as it's power is to read wurm event logs and such; already can think of 1 underwater rock... with timezones.. but after figuring that..ez pz

idk just a thought, it's cool you're sharing that tho??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Example:

hmm, it wont work with >10 and >20 participants, gets messy :), that is why we created this tool, there are more benefits to it, like - self maintained, no need to figure out who's next, and ppl tend to log off / miss turn, gets messy very fast.

Edited by Barfoot

10 hours ago, Stargrace said:

As a visual person, I like looking at a sheet and seeing "oh, it's 18 minutes to the next sermon" - and going back to doing whatever I'm doing, rather than "Oh, last sermon was at :54 so now I have to wait until.. hmm lets see, 30 minutes from :54" and then figuring that out,

It is not the time of the last sermon that is listed, but the time for next sermon like this XX:53

We normally use team if at say an Impalong where local chat gets spammed, and post it in yellow (/me) so it stands out more in the scroll mainly in team but also in local.

I tend to chat with some of my other toons so I can easily update the sermon list every time by just scrolling my prompt one step back.

Way easier than to switch to some document.

It does require someone taking responsability for it and we do remind, so that listeners stay in vicinity also.

I've ran sermon lists like this on several Impalongs and it works well.

Or did till the BL sermons became common.

On the mixed WL/BL sermon topic I feel totally noob.

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

It is not the time of the last sermon that is listed, but the time for next sermon like this XX:53

This does not work for all time zones. For example in NFLD Canada, they are .5 hours different from everyone else, not 1 full hour - so for them, :53 would not be the right time. 

Anyway, the point is not to debate it, it is just to share for others out there who may be interested - not interested, that is good too, just move along :) It's a simple hands free method that doesn't require WA/reminders/manually tracking and that is all. 

Only possible issue with the OP is when someone sermon out of sequence for what ever reason.

then you would need to change the sermon roster for that

Edited by KillerSpike

On 3/8/2019 at 2:32 PM, KillerSpike said:

Only possible issue with the OP is when someone sermon out of sequence for what ever reason.

then you would need to change the sermon roster for that

Indeed, it does rarely happens from time to time, we just fix and figure out next sermon time and all are back to track again.

But, when several ppl are attending, one usually notices it and we fix it asap.

Edited by Barfoot

kinda broken from what i see, some get automatically tagged with skipped, it really doesn't work with ppl logging in and out .