Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

New traits *not for horses*

Many of the traits that are passed on through breeding seem to revolve around horses.  I have a few suggestions for traits for not horses.

Wooly - Sheep: chance at producing +1 wool when sheared

Silky -  Sheep: produces higher quality wool when sheared

Productive - Sheep, Cows, Bison: ready to be milked again sooner

Fertile - Cows, Sheep: Chance to produce twins

Strong body - Cows, Sheep, Bison, Pigs: Produces +1 meat when butchered

Negative traits (Can be removed with Genesis):

Unproductive - Sheep, Cows, Bison: Take longer to be ready for milking again

Bristly - Sheep: produces lower quality wool when sheared

Bald Patches - Sheep: Takes twice as long between shearing

Barren - Sheep, Cows, Bison: Doesn't produce milk

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 13

+1

A trait for growing wool faster similar to "Productive" would complement "Wooly" nicely, like different speed traits of horses stack with eachother.

Perhaps some negative traits, too, like "Coarse" (lower quality wool when sheared, as a counterpart to Silky), adding some more variety to make breeding the perfect floof more ambitioned and interesting. (Of course, these negative traits can still be dewonkified with Genesis)

• Like 2

+1 also i think there should be trait for increased amount of milk milked not just for shorter milking colddown. And that traits shoud be redistributed by type of animal. Would be silly to have silky horse as well as 5 speed sheep lol

Other traits that comes to mind might be fertile which would allow too be pregnant for shorter time or even a small chance to give birth to twins instead of just one baby

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

+1 also i think there should be trait for increased amount of milk milked not just for shorter milking colddown. And that traits shoud be redistributed by type of animal. Would be silly to have silky horse as well as 5 speed sheep lol

Other traits that comes to mind might be fertile which would allow too be pregnant for shorter time or even a small chance to give birth to twins instead of just one baby

I'd considered adding a +1kg for age on the milking, but I was concerned that would detract from the milking skill.

1 hour ago, Flubb said:

+1

A trait for growing wool faster similar to "Productive" would complement "Wooly" nicely, like different speed traits of horses stack with eachother.

Perhaps some negative traits, too, like "Coarse" (lower quality wool when sheared, as a counterpart to Silky), adding some more variety to make breeding the perfect floof more ambitioned and interesting. (Of course, these negative traits can still be dewonkified with Genesis)

Negative traits wouldn't be terrible to add tbh. Would be interested to see some specialized breeders for sheep and such with such an update, and more use for some priests besides removing wonky traits on horses.

Yes!

I posted some examples of possible new traits here as well:

• Like 1

+1. I'd also suggest removing speed traits from sheep (do those ever matter?).

Added one, because pigs are farm animals too.

This would be fun to have. I would perhaps exclude productive/unproductive though, milking seems to have its own schedules.

+1

Possible new trait for all animals could be:    It is very loyal:  easier to tame and creating a stronger bond.

I would prefer a usefull skill like that over keen senses, which doesn't seem to do anything.

• Like 2

This is something that has been discussed. While not directly on our plans it definitely has some appeal and may appear ingame 

• Like 6

Yeah, it'd be great to see other domestic animals get some love and variation. Hearty bump from me.

+1 This would make me more inclined to actually breed sheep and cows instead of plucking them out of the wild every time I'm down one or two.

I could build the dairy I always dreamed of.

Edited by Antony