Sign in to follow this  
Brattygirl

Feed Trough

2 weeks ago I deeded the little lagoon area in the hopes of making a cool home in the mountain side. In doing this it left me with very little outdoor land to have grass tiles. It would be super useful to have a Feed Trough to put in the cave to keep my horses in there. I figure the Trough could work like a Chicken Coop. Where you put food and water in it (Of course you wouldn't be able to put horses or other big animals in it). Then for each 10ql the trough is, it gets a 1 tile radius for animals to feed from it.

Example:

10ql - 1 tile Radius

20ql - 2 tile radius

etc etc...

The max you would get would be 100ql - 10 tile radius. Then you can further it by giving rare an additional +1, Supreme +2, and Fantastic +3. Meaning the theoretical max would be 13 tile radius. (All these numbers are just for an example)

This would make it less difficult for players to keep and feed animals underground.

• Like 9

Of we could bsb grass in it it would be incredibly usefull, otherwise if works like coop and have capacity of 100 grass/grains that decay I don't see it much better than leaving grass on floors in piles

Well at his point I agree it would be nice for the game and a great quality of life improvement. Over the years, housing in caves and even great cave-deeds have been viable.

The only annoyance is having to drop food for horses in all their underground pens, which is just another boring wurm chore. It won't break pvp anyway, since pvpers with caves under their deeds already drop food for hell horses and regular horses.

+1 for whatever helps living this game like a dwarf.

• Like 2

Previously this has been explained with "NPC's can't open containers to eat from them" but who knows, maybe they can code that now?

+1from me also.

28 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Previously this has been explained with "NPC's can't open containers to eat from them" but who knows, maybe they can code that now?

+1from me also.

I wonder if it's possible to change the tile type of a floor to something graze-able.

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I wonder if it's possible to change the tile type of a floor to something graze-able.

So basically find a way for the feed trough to turn the tiles in a certain radius to Rock Tile (with feed). Or something like that. 

I don't know the logistics of how they would make it work, but +1 to this. I like to build stables for my horses, which means manually feeding them by dropping grass, which just looks sloppy. I'd like to install neat little troughs in each stall for my horses, both for the purpose of, of course, keeping them fed, and also, y'know... aesthetics. 

• Like 1

Aurovere, you can plant thatch in houses if they are above ground, and later enchant them.

My thoughts on this is actually turning a house wall or fence into an actual stable with feed bin and watering trough. think of it like a combo of the animal cages and the chicken coop. by using current graphics it wont be as difficult as completely creating a food bin/watering trough from scratch.

The enchant grass ability could be made to work in caves with "preparation" similar to paving cave floor tiles. Reinforce floor, "prepare" with one thatch and then enchant tile, very similar to enchanting tiles inside of houses. So this way it brings the enchant grass ability into caves and brings more value and integrity to it.

=Ayes=

Cosmetic feed troughs yes, and in mines we could ask for something like mossy patches which Fo priests could let germinate.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, Roccandil said:

+1

Make it so that when you plant the feeding trough on any surface the surface becomes a tile named "feeding trough" and it's grazeable.

On my WU server i added a "feeding hand" spell that you can cast on a FSB and it uses the food inside to feed all animals in a certain radius around the FSB based on power. Same thing as a player grabbing food and going around hand feeding each hungry animal, just without the RSI :P