Sign in to follow this  
Threap

Fix alt / throw away characters on pvp servers

I don't like the idea of creating more required GM intervention in pvp.  The witch hunting over whos using an alt and whos alt is who would be beyond absurd and create a tremendous amount of work and headache for the GM team, coming from experience here.

I am however in favor of more game mechanics that block alts that are obviously not acting as mains.  Archery towers not having blind spots to use to avoid getting hit will shred alts, and a 1 or 20 or 50 or 70fs account constantly running back to a deed to raise alarm and die is obviously not a legit player.  If they are a legit player, then they will have to realize that they are being really stupid and should probably stop

• Like 1

And then your own kingdom turns on you and kills you repeatedly until you are sub 70 fs and cant participate in pvp :P

5 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

And then your own kingdom turns on you and kills you repeatedly until you are sub 70 fs and cant participate in pvp :P

In that case dont be an ass

I will elaborate my decision to -1 this just to make it more clear why..

I do not care how people decide to play the game, with a 1FS character or with a 99FS character. As long as they pay premium then that's a valid character that they are allowed to play. None of this bull** "alt" stuff is valid in my opinion since i know people that play 4-5 (or even more) characters at a time with not problem, some are priests, some are crafters, some are both.. there is no hierarchy for them.. it's just the "tool" they choose to use to do a certain task and that's it.

I've been asking for a definition of an "alt" for a long time and nobody was able to provide one because it's relative to the situation a character is used in (eg: shared accounts are main accounts if you fight on them, but alts if you use them naked to bash a fence).

I understand that most of you "old school" pvp'ers have completely lost the hope that new players will join the pvp servers, but I for one didn't, and I've seen it happen a lot of times. I would really like to see it happen way more of course, but I honestly think that one of the reasons why a lot don't join us is because of threads and discussions like this one where everyone gets heated and it leads to the same inevitable conclusion.. a locked thread that doesn't help the game in any way, all it does is strengthen the idea in the minds of the people that chaos really is a toxic community..

So with this in mind.. the fact that we want a 10FS player to be able to enjoy the game as much as a 70FS player, instead of trying to forbid one from playing the game fully (remember meditation) why not just make it harder for them to engage in offensive situations like the ones you described. About the issues you mentioned :

- drain a deed : I would actually tie this one to a skill that has no use, thievery (20 let's say)

- bash a tower : doesn't this already require 23BS?

- bash wl/bl : same as tower bash

- be mayor of a deed : what ?

I really liked the idea of making the archery towers and strange devices work better against low skilled characters (add minimum FS here).. it would solve your concern but it would also not take away from any defensive actions for a starting player that tries to protect his deed. This way a new player can enjoy the game and be part of pvp from day one (defensively) but, the same way you tell him to stay away from a troll or guard tower, you tell him to stay away from deeds with strange devices and archery towers.. 

Edited by faty
because reasons
  • Like 3

Sub 70 fs priest alts casting dispel 1

Strange devices 0

Haha