Sign in to follow this  
Threap

Fix alt / throw away characters on pvp servers

Using alts to spy on local is lame and a bad play style and its gotten to a stupid level on chaos.

Simple fix, is to do many actions on PVP servers (chaos and elevation) you need 70 fight skill. 70FS is basically needed anyway to actually pvp on a real character, its easily obtainable in under 30 hours if you have the gear to do it.

Sub 70FS character should not be able to do the following:-

See Local.

Drain a deed.

Bash a tower.

Bash white or blacklight.

Be major of a deed.

Count towards the numbers needed to found a kingdom.

• Like 1

There should be a forced teleport (possibly even all characters linked to that account) to any freedom starter deed for anyone sub 70fs who dies in a PvP fight.

The alt usage that one kingdom right now is abusing is making the game extremely stupid. The devs really need to approach the issue immediately with some much needed changes.

+1

here is an idea, why not just kill the alt or alts?

• Like 6

i can get 70fs in 5 hours. I can do it on 3 accounts at once. Your idea doesnt do anything.

• Like 2

Maybe disable local for all players and its fix it? 

• Like 5

who says its a bad play style? Is that your personal opinion?

My personal opinion is that they should exist, in my opinion the game should stop being modified every time a player cries about something.

• Like 7

While I think alt abuse is the big bad and isn't really adding to the game in any real way, 70 fs doesn't really stop anything, if I wanted to do alt things for example I already can pick from my selection of alts with 70+ fs, some even already being on insanity/hate.

It's the same thing as being able to differentiate war deeds that need to get smashed and legit player homes.  How can the game on its own know what is and isn't an alt easily?  When I played on Wild/Chaos there were plenty of legit people without 70fs that wanted to help the kingdom.  When I played Epic there were plenty of legit people without 70fs that wanted to help the kingdom.  Do I think they should have gotten 70fs because it's so easy to get and helps so much?  Yeah, I do so I suggested it to people, whether they did anything with it or not was up to them.  However I wouldn't want to harm the game for those people just because a select few hypocrites are using alts for kicks because they know it upsets you/others.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

While I think alt abuse is the big bad and isn't really adding to the game in any real way, 70 fs doesn't really stop anything, if I wanted to do alt things for example I already can pick from my selection of alts with 70+ fs, some even already being on insanity/hate.

It's the same thing as being able to differentiate war deeds that need to get smashed and legit player homes.  How can the game on its own know what is and isn't an alt easily?  When I played on Wild/Chaos there were plenty of legit people without 70fs that wanted to help the kingdom.  When I played Epic there were plenty of legit people without 70fs that wanted to help the kingdom.  Do I think they should have gotten 70fs because it's so easy to get and helps so much?  Yeah, I do so I suggested it to people, whether they did anything with it or not was up to them.  However I wouldn't want to harm the game for those people just because a select few hypocrites are using alts for kicks because they know it upsets you/others.

When a 70FS character gets killed it creates a tab and gives FS to the attacker and LOSES FS so eventually it will not see local if it used the same way as existing throw away alts are being used. This is to fix people using naked alts which are basically just a brand new toon that is subbed running to an enemy deed to check local, getting killed then doing the same thing 3-5 minutes later. There is no loss to that character thats the core problem, so it is just a catalyst for toxic game play.

If my idea is implemented who actually loses out? Only the toxic players abusing alts, no real pvp account will be effected.

58 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

My personal opinion is that they should exist, in my opinion the game should stop being modified every time a player cries about something.

The only people who think its not a crap play style are the people abusing it to check local of a near by deed. its pretty clear all the -1 responses are from Wurm University players, because they are the ones currently abusing alts to the extreme and engaging in this toxic gameplay

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

i can get 70fs in 5 hours. I can do it on 3 accounts at once. Your idea doesnt do anything.

Then it will not effect you in the slightest so you shouldn't care if its implemented right?

1 hour ago, Rakki said:

here is an idea, why not just kill the alt or alts?

We do, then he just runs back, i can post the 30+ Aluna raises the seattlement alarm\wildboar raises the seattlement alarm from yesterday alone if you like to prove the point.

If you guys want wurm pvp to devolve into a toxic cess of ALT wars then, sure -1 this and any other suggestion to fix this toxic behavior / problem, I personally dont enjoy running off deed every 5 minutes to kill a spy alt thats in local. its bulshit game play because the player is too scared to come close enough to check local on a real account.

EDIT: Or actually probably enjoys being a toxic player.

Edited by Threap

Yeah, alts are horrible.

+1 I would love to see the alt issue fixed.

Ive been on both sides of the sub 20fs account usage. I know full well how annoying it is to be on the recieving end. Frontline deeds are always gonna get hit like this while people can do it. They inherently dislike risk or handing an opponent a flavour of victory like with a 70fs death. Personally its far less of a timesink to scout on a hell babbi than with an account on foot. If the archery towers or other devices focus fired those accouts at sub 50fs that would be kinda hot

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TradingAlt said:

Two of the major kingdoms you have been in (MR and WU) have ALWAYS loved alts, you don't know any different so I don't expect you to understand how toxic the issue of alts really is.

Edited by Jakeii
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Threap said:

If my idea is implemented who actually loses out? Only the toxic players abusing alts, no real pvp account will be effected.

No, the toxic players that love using alts won't be affected.  Consider that when Wild/Elevation was premium only, people were literally paying alts prems to do the same garbage, you can ask your buddy Fev because he has first hand experience doing it.  No restriction you put in will stop the toxic players.  It might stop the casual alt, but not anyone that really wants to upset you.  All it will do is affect legit new players/new to pvp players.  The same way a new player on epic thinks its dead whether it is dead like current or even if there were 200 players per server, because they can't see local unless they pay for the game thanks to people that love to use alts.  I'd support any method of blocking alt abuse, but not if it comes with more harm to the game.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

No, the toxic players that love using alts won't be affected.  Consider that when Wild/Elevation was premium only, people were literally paying alts prems to do the same garbage, you can ask your buddy Fev because he has first hand experience doing it.  No restriction you put in will stop the toxic players.  It might stop the casual alt, but not anyone that really wants to upset you.  All it will do is affect legit new players/new to pvp players.  The same way a new player on epic thinks its dead whether it is dead like current or even if there were 200 players per server, because they can't see local unless they pay for the game thanks to people that love to use alts.  I'd support any method of blocking alt abuse, but not if it comes with more harm to the game.

I see your point for new players, but I feel that's a very small edge case, very very few players start on chaos and the ones that do are encouraged to join a PMK when they are found. So the number effected negatively by this change is tiny compared to those that would be effected positively, and ultimately those that are effected negatively will eventually benefit from the positive side too. Additional parameters could also be introduced, perhaps once a sub 70 FS character dies, they can no longer see local for some timeout period like 4 hours or something?

The toxic players that use alts will be effected, for their alt to be any use after each death they will have to go regain 70 FS to be able to see local etc.

Not used a alt in 4 years lol , seen the harm it does to the game as for stopping new players what new players? The skill system stops any one new playing 

You choose to pvp, accept it. Espionage and spying is literally half the pvp, other is killing.

7 hours ago, Jeston said:

You choose to pvp, accept it. Espionage and spying is literally half the pvp, other is killing.

Spying is fine on a real character, doing it an alt with no skills or gear is what this is addressing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeston said:

On Mains

Also trying to get/getting spies into enemy kingdom is as pathetic as alts in first place to do recon, grow a pair and fight it the normal way, if you cant, die trying or get lost. No one here needs that kind of toxicity IN-GAME unless you are here to destroy the fun out of PvP servers.

I don't think this is the right way to tangle alt problems, because i know few "alts" that could easily be said that is main accounts just by looking at body stats, fighting etc. Alt abuse and spy alts inside different kingdoms should be categorized as metagaming/griefing and therefore bannable offence, i also say that GM's should have power to check if a person is in multiple kingdoms somehow and they should do regular cleaning, dunno how it will work if a person has multiple internet access since IP addresses are different and vpn is possible, but could it be pin pointed to certain location and therefore identified if no vpn. As much as we hate to get people banned, we also hate that persons who genuinely tries to fight it fair and brings more to the table than the metagamer/griefer, will give up and quit, i don't think we want that either because that number is way more than the other. Once they have metagamed, exploited, alt abused the server to death, they will leave also and cry why chaos died. Go figure.

This should be addressed as fast as possible with whatever band-aid that's out there.... even tho its not "illegal" in game rules yet, it should be, just seeing that Aluna crap, it made me thinking of why i should even try. Disgusting and a very low level of play style. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean you should do it... like exploiting. "wink wink" and i don't care who did it first, this ain't kindergarten, but it sure as hell feels like it.

"light bulb effect"

What if, we tie accounts access to chaos by their playtime? It doesn't solve much, but it could be modified with different stuff, like actions performed, certain skills acquired before able to come to chaos. Then this X person joins to a known kingdom and suddenly dies, what if we made CD's happen on death with certain body strength? like below 30-40 body str or soul strength? "You ain't strong enough to fully recover just yet yada yada". Or certain faith or player has to have even decent ql armors on when it dies or its not worthy to recover instantly.

All different variations can be thought of, all we need is some sort of implementing or a in-game rule.. that would be the easiest. Thank you.

Edited by Themystrix

On 3/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, Postinglels said:

If the archery towers or other devices focus fired those accouts at sub 50fs that would be kinda hot

I like this line of thinking. Alts risk little to do significant harm, and thus one proportionate counter is making it trivially easy to defend against an alt. If archery towers and turrets could burn down weak toons with no intervention, that might help.

• Like 1