Koreal

Wurm on ARM Linux SoftFP

Hello,

I have a handheld Linux computer called a Pandora, which uses a Cortex A8 CPU, which is ARM Soft-Float.

I've been trying to get Wurm to work on it, so I can play on the go.  However, Oracle does not release binaries for Soft-Float ARM, only HardFP.  I have a working OpenJDK 6 compile which I tried, but it crashes when loading the JNLP file.  I tried to get a newer version, but as far as I can tell none of the JRE or JDK 9 or 10 have the Java Web Start binary.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point.  Is there an alternate (non-WebStart) way to launch the game?

Thanks!

converts source to...

stackoverflow is the right place for this question for sure, BUT... if you decompile and recompile the classes or convert them to whatever.. that's messing with wurm stuff.. which is .. probably fairly.. ILLEGAL, at the very least should flag you logging in WO..

For personal WU server, nobody cares, you're free to hack-away your own world.

Open a new thread on stackoverflow or w/e stack*.. of the network, asking if there's some 'native' way to run wurm/minecraft on your device, afaik both games have common libs which they use and therefore requirements~(wild guess)

Good luck o7

On 3/4/2019 at 5:57 PM, Koreal said:

Hello,

I have a handheld Linux computer called a Pandora, which uses a Cortex A8 CPU, which is ARM Soft-Float.

I've been trying to get Wurm to work on it, so I can play on the go.  However, Oracle does not release binaries for Soft-Float ARM, only HardFP.  I have a working OpenJDK 6 compile which I tried, but it crashes when loading the JNLP file.  I tried to get a newer version, but as far as I can tell none of the JRE or JDK 9 or 10 have the Java Web Start binary.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point.  Is there an alternate (non-WebStart) way to launch the game?

Thanks!

Did you try Java 8? That's the supported version for wurm.

Oh and you'll probably need to find/build whatever native libs wurm uses (i bet on lwjgl as the most fun in that regard).

Speaking of, does the device have full OpenGL support and drivers? If it's just OpenGL ES you probably won't be able to run wurm on it either way.