Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

W.S.A. Crusader kingdom graphics

WSA.png

Hi Everyone,

Today we unfortunately had to remove the kingdom graphics of the Crusaders kingdom due to a copyright infringement issue. 

The reasoning behind this is due to those who submitted it did not secure copyright of the finished product created by the person who did them. While they did have ownership of the stock parts, that does not extend to the finished product. This dispute has been ongoing for some time and we have made the decision to err on the side of caution and remove the graphics until ownership can be fully substantiated by The Crusaders kingdom or replacement graphics with correct ownership are submitted. 

It is not our place to mediate these disagreements and we will take action in the best interest of avoiding any copyright infringements.

When submitting artwork for Wurm it is extremely important that the person who submits it owns full copyright, as we cannot risk copyright infringements with artwork given to us. 

As per our guidelines available in the PMK graphics upload section, Code Club AB reserves the right to remove kingdom graphics if necessary, unfortunately this is one of those times we have to do so. 

We are aware that many Freedomers purchased Crusaders kingdom items, and will work with them to have suitable replacement graphics in the game as soon as possible. 

Regards,

The Wurm Team.

• Like 3

So instead you make people want to quit?

6 hours ago, Niki said:

So instead you make people want to quit?

Situation sucks, but would you rather Code Club get sued and have the potential to ruin any future plans or even future for the game?

Here's an idea, point the blame where it needs to be, rather than at the hands that feed.

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit
  • Like 17

For all of those who have any items from crusader rest assured we will be working on a new design and will work with the community on it so it’s tailored to the popular appeal. As for the decision I will be going public with all the information screenshots and such. This was super poorly handled and ruled. I will expose every details in this case. For those that care the player who made the designs originally is a memeber of a opposing kingodm today to TC which is why this happened. It was a cheap blow to cause damage and unfortunately it bleed over to freedom. For that I am sorry. However know that all details will be posted for the public to know. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Situation sucks, but would you rather Code Club get sued and have the potential to ruin any future plans or even future for the game?

Here's an idea, point the blame where it needs to be, rather than at the hands that feed.

You think a red cross on a white background is really grounds to get sued? He is just being 'Anyone' and quite a jerk at that.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

You think a red cross on a white background is really grounds to get sued? He is just being 'Anyone' and quite a jerk at that.

You'd be amazed at the grounds to get sued, and it's a 100% understandable situation for the people who run the game. Why toe the line of risk when you can be totally safe? Wurm isn't some mega entity, it doesn't generate millions of euros every year, and how many members of it's own development are actually unpaid? You're being unreasonable. The risk is too great.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 5

It's a red cross made in photoshop with a fancy gradient. Did the Knights Templar threaten to sue TC? lol

I'd love to see said "Copyright" that was secured by said "original creator". lol

• Like 4

To add to my previous post, we own all the stock images used on our design. The creator did not, it was our images used. We bought them to avoid copyright. 

• Like 5

The Images were bought by us but Cyberhusky/Anyone arranged the design and now 3 years later claims copyright.

Edited by Jakeii

The International Committee of the Red Cross (Health symbol organisation) has recently been clamping down on the use of any red cross in games.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/video-game-red-cross-health-pack-emblem/ 

It might be a good time to rethink the colour, if not the design (which was lovely).

Looking forward to the new designs - which I know will be just as good - can't wait to see them.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jakeii said:

Our deeds are built by kingdom members, tell me which kingdoms pay their people to build deeds?

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Really dude? Do you even pvp seriously? Chaos and Epic has always been very communist, no one get's "Paid." 

???

For full transparency, does that mean a player basically blackmailed CCAB, having the company held hostage under remove the graphics or risk being sued, all over petty ingame differences?

I'm not picking sides here as I don't have interest in either side and this is beyond sides, but this is quite a new low.  Do these threats get handled by CCAB the same way chargebacks get handled by CCAB?  It seems pretty damaging to the game and community for one player to have this much power over the company's direction and decisions.

• Like 23

Just now, MrGARY said:

For full transparency, does that mean a player basically blackmailed CCAB, having the company held hostage under remove the graphics or risk being sued, all over petty ingame differences?

I'm not picking sides here as I don't have interest in either side and this is beyond sides, but this is quite a new low.  Do these threats get handled by CCAB the same way chargebacks get handled by CCAB?  It seems pretty damaging to the game and community for one player to have this much power over the company's direction and decisions.

It's very unprofessional and yes I believe you're correct.

Just now, MrGARY said:

From what i can see it being worded as "they did not have full ownership and we gave them enough time and where not able to produce it so we took it away for unknown reasons"

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The reasoning behind this is due to those who submitted it did not secure copyright of the finished product created by the person who did them. While they did have ownership of the stock parts, that does not extend to the finished product. This dispute has been ongoing for some time and we have made the decision to err on the side of caution and remove the graphics until ownership can be fully substantiated by The Crusaders kingdom or replacement graphics with correct ownership are submitted. 

Also retro's original post has been edited since original posting to include the stock parts section so this does seem to come down to a situation of "we gave enough time" as by the part i made bold

That is just my take on it im sure there is more to this that retro might post up or might not

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Especially since it's clearly just to metagame to damage the enemy kingdom, Otherwise why wait 3 years to claim it as your own?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wipeout said:

From what i can see it being worded as "they did not have full ownership and we gave them enough time and where not able to produce it so we took it away for unknown reasons"

Also retro's original post has been edited since original posting to include the stock parts section so this does seem to come down to a situation of "we gave enough time" as by the part i made bold

That is just my take on it im sure there is more to this that retro might post up or might not

We were told about it then we disputed with more evidence from our side. We heard nothing back til after they were removed. I asked multiple times. My post will detail this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Egard said:

We were told about it then we disputed with more evidence from our side. We heard nothing back til after they were removed. I asked multiple times. My post will detail this. 

Then i will wait patiently for this post as i personally want to see both sides their reasons for this as its the same deal with wu's sudden art change a case of jumping the gun with no warning to the public/people involved and wurm needs to stop that so if this is a case of them going about it the wrong way again then it will be a good learning experience for them to not do it again

• Like 2

This is quite unfortunate at a variety of angles none being taking a side of kvk reasons.  More along the lines of what @MrGARYsaid, this sets a very dangerous and damaging precedent going forward.  The legal issue is more a straw man of no consequence,  though i do understand CCAB's position in wanting to avoid getting in that swamp.  The only issue that has any real weight, teeth, and meat is the obvious of this being a knee jerk response of a small squabble and kvk toxicity carrying over into being able to then manipulate mgmt of CCAB to remove to avoid potential conflict.  To react via specious claims motivated by intent to impune because of personal differences is dangerous.  It is the very thing Moderators are supposed to be able to assess and see through and not respond to.  This is not a great thing going forward to see happen.

Edited by Bloodscythe

unknown.png

unknown.png

And look how satisfied one of them is after successfully metagaming, so sad players drop to this level, even more sad wurm staff do not stand up to and expell this nonsense

I'm satisfied, and I'm not one of them.

???????????????????????????

• Like 7

do we have to get notarized documents outlining what we can and can't do with our pmk graphics now

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Threap said:

I wouldn't get worked up over my post, it's a silly jab, I'm not part of any chaos faction.

22 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I wouldn't get worked up over my post, it's a silly jab, I'm not part of any chaos faction.

It was posted because of last comment in the screenshot, he is part of the enemy faction who meta-gamed to have the TC art removed with false copyright claims