Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Would you pay more deed upkeep for less on-deed decay?

Would you pay more deed upkeep for less on-deed decay?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay more deed upkeep for less on-deed decay?

• Yes
    • No

Just out of curiosity, wondering if people would pay more upkeep to eliminate on-deed decay in the following situation:

- Any non-BSB, FSB item that goes in a rack (armor, weapon, bow, large storage unit, barrel rack, etc.), whether it's in a rack, a raft, a wagon/cart, or maybe even on the ground. (Not including food.)

How much more? Are we talking 1% more or 30% more? How much less decay? Generally, I'd so no to increased upkeep fees.

• Like 3

An interesting question.

I think if I was a player who due to work  could only log in every few weeks or so, I would vote yes. If I was a player who was fortunate enough to be able to play regularly then I would probably say no.

6 minutes ago, Poshy said:

How much more? Are we talking 1% more or 30% more? How much less decay? Generally, I'd so no to increased upkeep fees.

I'm thinking no decay at all for those items. Good question on how much more to pay: thinking it could be a smaller fixed cost (X silver a month) up to double tile upkeep (not counting guards).

If you answer "yes" in the poll, please post to say how much you'd actually pay. :)

1. Personally I'd be annoyed by the separation.. you're already paying for the pixel world property;

2. At the same time some will pay and not bother to even think about it.

If 0 decay means complete 0 decay for every single item ondeed.. that's OP and worth the investment IMO, to.. never bother with repairing. If this zeroes decay and auto fixes/manages the known issues with filled old crates and moving content around before traveling, and so on of that kind that's enough to get onboard.

Not 1 iron more. No decay on deeds is part of the benefits that they provide and are paid for with deed upkeep. Any further reduction of overlooked or not bothered to deal with deed decay issues should be resolved as being already part of the deal. This has actually been the process over the years as gradually more items on deeds have become included in the *no on deed decay* family. A poll question such as this just shows a lack of knowledge and experience in the long history of the evolution of the game.

=Ayes=

• Like 8

Containers, tools, armor, random items which aren't decorations still gather decay ticks, that's a reason to buy a s/lmc for the 0-decay on tools/food.

IDK if the issue with old crates got fixed where you had to empty them and refill or just use the spare ones once you move things around... else 'dusty' crates catch up on the 5% monthly volume loss once you leave the deed.

Upkeep is already outrageous, not to mention the initial cost of expanding tiles. We have done well to get where we are now regarding decay on deed, they may be more generous in the future but right now it is significantly better than it was. 

• Like 2

No this should be included with the deed, hardly anyone really plays this game or want's to try it out anymore. The biggest draw back in my opinion is the premium cost, the price for a deed and the insane price for upkeep when you expand more than default values.  I feel like the current prices should be cut in half. I really also think this game should reduce the cost of membership by half or allow you to link another account like your priest to your main. QoL is needed here.

First thing I do when looking for a game is look at everything, gameplay, lifespan, costs, is it pay to win, the cash shop prices reasonable etc (I've said cash shop would increase revenue for Wurm and I still stand by that. Just don't charge 100$ for a dress or something.)

I wouldn't touch Wurm Online if I was a new player in 2019 when there are better alternatives on steam such as Unlimited or Ark. This is the raw and honest truth.

• Like 1

Definitely not, and I would be sad to see wurm taking even more such direction. It already is far. There are already huge incentives to do everything on deeds, and the less you can in the world. I already have a deed on  almost every server (as mayor or citizen) because branding has become too powerful; I already ignore most of the time the public offdeed inns or safe-houses, because you can't repair them anyway anymore. So there's probably less of them for who needs them, which means harder to play for newer players if they don't stay on their deed almost all time.

I prefer to play a sandbox in the world, not just in a deed. Any idea that would entice even more to 'freeze' the world and limit it to a deed has a big -1 from me. Otherwise we can make everything decay free in WU and chat on Steam. ?

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 3

A paid for deed should be decay free for everything that is repairable.  Keep magic chests and alts for the non repairables that decay like food bits and pelts and raw materials and all that

• Like 3

No. 

I already have to pay a monthly sub AND deed upkeep. Add another money sink and they can shove it where the sun don't shine. 

For the little  bit it decays in a given month I do not think  it would  be worth it.

This would render LMC's useless for most of us that have them. I can imagine people spending 2x the deed upkeep and splitting it between a few players just to hoard thousands of tools without decay on minimum sized deed. 

This poll is broken.... 

there should have been a "HELL NO" option as well

In general all items expect bulkable items should be included

i really hate it when someone pays for a deed for 2 years, doesnt play at all but keeps the land locked for anyone else

-1 to anything that would help them do this for more time