• Linton
    • Lormere
    • Newspring
    • Esteron
    • Greymead
    • Whitefay
    • Summerholt
    • Glasshollow
  2. 2. Most Active Marketplace (Smaller Clusters)

• Tap Dance (Celebration)
    • Blossom Market (Pristine)
    • Havens Landing Market (Independence)
    • Green Dog (Deliverance)
    • Esert (Exodus)
    • Sloping Sands (Release)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/19 at 17:00

Hey guys,

I asked a bit of info in Freedom the other day about which market is currently considered the most active, and the replies I received were not really informative at all.

So due to this, I would like to run this poll. 

Feel free to discuss as to which public market you consider being the most active. 

Thanks

Dok

do markets even exist anymore?

glasshollow is the only one i recognize, but i guess that's partly due to them painting their name on every single surface they can find

• Like 1

Basically, I'm asking where would be the best place to drop a merchant. 

right next to havens landing would be the best spot, seeing as everyone spawns there. was a couple of places there last i checked, i imagine you can put merchants in them.

Tap Dance Market has fallen behind for a long while now, but I want to add we are very near the end of a massive overhaul.  Really hoping to see people come back to Cele's Market (though with forums I understand that's a bit optimistic).

in fact all the Xanadu markets near starter towns belong to main one Glasshollow Market... here are my  rates for  mini markets for you with 1-10.  Based on last 3 years from all of my merchants 55

• Vrock 9/10

• Linton 8 /10

• Lormere 6/20

• Newspring 4/10

• Esteron 6/10

• Greymead 7/10

• Whitefay  5/10

• Summerholt   2/10

• Glasshollow   10/10

and rates on that ones and are not even markets just Blossom right now
  • Tap Dance (Celebration)  DEAD

• Blossom Market (Pristine)  1/10

• Havens Landing Market (Independence) 4/10

• Green Dog (Deliverance) 1/10

• Esert (Exodus) 1/10

• Sloping Sands (Release) 2/10

And few more

The howl (independence) 3/10

NEXA market (Xanadu)  3/10

cant remember more

This Poll should really be in Town Square if you want to get responses about Markets on all the servers, although it may be too late to move it there now. By the way, there is no "Market" at Green Dog, Deliverance, only a Merchant or two sitting forlornly on the highway just outside of it.

I find that new Club Market (name correct?) down on the west lake from Haven's Landing to be pretty nice with a lot of horses and some Merchants with this and that. Glasshollow Market (main one) on Xanadu is undoubtedly the best stocked with variety with so many Merchants there, bulk good sections and horses too (even come with a bridle and saddle included). So I would rate it as the top one in the game. The vast grand design contributes to that too.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sila said:

in fact all the Xanadu markets near starter towns belong to main one Glasshollow Market

That is not a fact. There are markets near starter towns run by other players. I am of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eobersig said:

That is not a fact. There are markets near starter towns run by other players. I am of them.

Thank Vynora, Magranon, Fo and Libila there are.

Gives independent players like myself the chance to buy our items without having to browse through 2-3 merchants belonging to the same person.

@ Farmboy:

The most active market just depends at where the most new players start the game.
When I began, New Spring and Summerholt were quite attractive to new players, so they got lots of sales at their market.
That got chanced not long after that because of something you may see a bit more up in this topic. I won't go there, as it would simply derail this poll.

So all I can do is advise you to do what's been suggested before: drop a merchant near Haven's Landing, as that's the place where most new players will be after they did the tutorial.

Thorin :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

So all I can do is advise you to do what's been suggested before: drop a merchant near Haven's Landing, as that's the place where most new players will be after they did the tutorial.

I question this as being a good idea. I started a new Character there a few months ago and have been playing him there frequently ever since that time, so I can pretty well see what happens with new players. Most don't stick around there long enough to even build a small enclosure, although yes over time a few of us have. There is a large glowing portal there that transports players to any Starter Village on any server of their choice. Many take it after not even building a house in the area.

Another new player that has been there a few months put a Merchant just outside of HL with 50 QL tools of every type for 10c each. There is a stock of 1 of each and the stock is never more than that when I check it. My observation is that "new" players (not alts) don't initially buy any tools at all until they start to further learn the game and understand the benefits of having them. So by then they usually have moved away from the starter spawn at HL.

There is a deed nearby that takes a lot of new players in and maybe they would buy some better tools at that new Club Market down the hill. My guy did buy 4 horses and bridles there but he is really me so knows the value of spending some coppers to go there to purchase them.

Physical Markets built in Wurm are mainly projects of enjoyment for those who create them and some are indeed beautifully done no matter their scale in size. Until Portals can be built so that anyone can quickly get to and from them they will remain just that and serve the close local community that can quickly ride or sail to them nearby when there is nothing better to do with their time. Unfortunately many then become too much to bother with to continue to pay the upkeep and gradually they wither away into the winds of Wurm history, never know by those who came after or forgotten by those who remain.

=Ayes=

On 3/2/2019 at 8:29 PM, Ayes said:

This Poll should really be in Town Square if you want to get responses about Markets on all the servers, although it may be too late to move it there now. By the way, there is no "Market" at Green Dog, Deliverance, only a Merchant or two sitting forlornly on the highway just outside of it.

I find that new Club Market (name correct?) down on the west lake from Haven's Landing to be pretty nice with a lot of horses and some Merchants with this and that. Glasshollow Market (main one) on Xanadu is undoubtedly the best stocked with variety with so many Merchants there, bulk good sections and horses too (even come with a bridle and saddle included). So I would rate it as the top one in the game. The vast grand design contributes to that too.

=Ayes=

Yes, CLUB Market ~Crystal Lake's Utmost Buys~ has been quite busy. We're working on ways to increase bulk sales, which to my knowledge we are the only market offering self service bulk goods  and large items. Works the same way self-service animal sales works. 

We have no merchant space open. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

To my knowledge we are the only market offering self service bulk goods  and large items.

We have no merchant space open. 

Bulk_registrar.png

The bulk sales section at Glasshollow Market has been open for a little over two years now. We provide keys to the empty cells so that anyone can sell their own goods as well. There is plenty of open merchant space within the bulk fort, as well as across the bridge in the main market. 

Edited by Meldichoir
fixed link embedding
  • Like 1

As I expected, a poll turns into a market advertising topic.

Can we at least keep on track here?

1 hour ago, Thorinoakshield said:

On 3/2/2019 at 3:47 AM, Farmboy102 said:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Hopefully, this post will help others as it helped me to pick the best place to setup my merchant. 

2 hours ago, Farmboy102 said:

Hopefully, this post will help others as it helped me to pick the best place to setup my merchant.

And where would that be? And how did you come to that decision?

=Ayes=

20 hours ago, Meldichoir said:
  22 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

On 3/2/2019 at 9:47 AM, Farmboy102 said:

You know perfectly well what I meant, Meldichoir, so stop using quotes to show you're "right".

This poll was setup by Farmboy to find out which market would suits his needs best. He didn't set it up so you and ChampagneDragon could use it to advertise about who's selling bulk goods and who isn't. None of us knows if Farmboy intends to sell single items or bulk items, so it isn't relavant to the topic. End of discussion!

As for locations, @Farmboy102, you may consider checking Nexa-market near Summerholt. From what I've seen there are quite some merchants over there, so while you may have some competition, competition also means there's a lot active merchants.

4 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

You know perfectly well what I meant, Meldichoir, so stop using quotes to show you're "right".

Yes, I do know what you meant, but I think you're wrong.

This poll was setup by Farmboy to find out which market would suits his needs best.

Did you happen to take a look at the poll results?

He didn't set it up so you and ChampagneDragon could use it to advertise

Just because he and I are affiliated with our respective markets does not disqualify us from making our own suggestions.

End of discussion!
As for locations, you may consider checking ...

Kind of funny how you went right from trying to restrict our opinions to then giving your own.

Could a moderator please close this thread as it has gone completely off topic.