Sign in to follow this  
tamat

Memorial server

maybe some catacombs and or/and both upperground and underground cementary. Iknow, people have different religion, wishes and funeral rites, but could be a place for everyone, well everydoby will go there eventually, and specially for those who not anounce on forums or just play alone.

Something like new estructure, similar to epic portal but able of transport some items with you, but they turn into not tradeables there.
you cant back with anything from there.
So you can leave them near the gravestone, plaque or whatever used for memorial.

Also a big structure for those without names.
No decay on server.
Village or aliiance members can ask for a place for whos gone....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MordosKull said:

+1 to a memorial of some kind

well i let the create tab opened awhile without submit the thread, that why i didnt say yours after i sended mine...

I'm not trying to sound insensitive, because a memorial place is obviously something that means a lot to people, but this isn't something I want to pay for. But more importantly: I don't think this is something that we collectively as players should pay for. Neither is it something that should put a permanent (and quite frankly depressing) strain on the servers with its presence. This is an idea that sounds beautiful in theory, but in practice it'd be a depressing place that brings about a constant reminder of sadness, and that wouldn't bring any actual enjoyment to the game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aeris said:

I'm not trying to sound insensitive, because a memorial place is obviously something that means a lot to people, but this isn't something I want to pay for. But more importantly: I don't think this is something that we collectively as players should pay for. Neither is it something that should put a permanent (and quite frankly depressing) strain on the servers with its presence. This is an idea that sounds beautiful in theory, but in practice it'd be a depressing place that brings about a constant reminder of sadness, and that wouldn't bring any actual enjoyment to the game.

I can agree to an extent. I don't think a memorial should be paid for, but that's mainly because it doesn't need to be. A server for memorial is not really needed, and I'd say is pretty overkill.

Here's an idea. The community work it out. Players pool together and pay for a Wand of the Seas. Go to a server like Indi, use the wand and create the island as a memorial site, and apply for heritage status.

• Like 1

Wand of the seas islands are pretty small and tbh, I would also like to dedicate a few colossi to Aiko (nice old lady that used to play on Affliction many years ago), Davidbur and Old man Winter (wintersolstice).

How about a GM protected deed somewhere on Independence, GMS can work out the space and area and we can build small memorial plots to players who have passed away and made a lasting impact on friends and wurmians?

• Like 3

I think some type of heritage site would be best served on Golden valley and linked to the starting deed for brand new players on that map.  New players will get to pick up a bit of history as well as learn that people who are gone are never forgotten and that people in this community are honestly cared about.

The problem with make it on a current server is travel, most wurmians dont like travel, maybe with a portal between starting towns and one to the place, could work.

I like the idea but in execution i would rather see it set aside a piece of a current server rather then say make an entire new server.