Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Increased Macro Questions?

22 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Pretty funny, I don't think I've ever seen a three legged stool here in the UK

We have them in Serbia but they are pretty archaic. Literal translation for their name here(tronožac) is threelegger

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

He's been imping his scale set 

he's been imping his drake set as normal.

So which one was it ? Was it scale or was it drake ? Find out on next week’s episode of fabrications with angelklaine!

• Like 3

I got macro check once, that was in my first year in this game. Question was something like: Caravela start with letter.... and ofc 3 or 4 ansfers :).

Now i am in game 6-7years? Never got this thing anymore. I grinded a lot back then :) Still doing it, time per time.

Edited by valodis
  • Like 1

This just confirms my worst fears--I'm not a true Wurmian.  Never seen one of these messages in like 11 years or so.

• Like 6

Never seen the questions, I've had hours of grinding.. not moving or turning, stepping around and such, my secret is... stuffing face into the forge to lower the screen light/or turning worldrender off.../ and chat/music to kill the numb pain watching the action timer bar animation ? #ripeyes

Also shoutout to that 1 person you can count on making chat *interesting* Waar, well at least before making it a bit awkward some of the times?

• Like 1

Tldr up detection without annoying players to counter bots before you have an uphill battle to fight that you will loose

Oh joy invasive "anti macro" checks on the rise these won't stop macros as much as it will increase gm time investment and raise player annoyance at having to relog/freaking out

Good anti macro code does not interfere with playability

As for those who say a macro won't relog

Just because of that any person coding a simple bot beyond "press keys every set amount of time" will probably write some code to alert the used upon window popup and pause and tell its users to not leave said not running unattended

This won't help in the long run really 

Also before this increase I have never seen the message on my main even after grinding my fatigue down to empty multiple times in a month(mining grind is best grind)

If now I can't watch a movie while levelling 254 tall cave floors for 40+ min timers(that last 4-5 min max) at 3 queued up at once without having to relog then I'll be sad I want my gems :( ?

Half jokes aside good luck catching any people who macro who use anything more advanced then a simple auto hotkey script from 6 years ago or in the case of recent macro bans simple repeating tasks on accounts left in attended 

Now the few who macro just either add in OCR for window popup detection or don't run unattended eg no wurm macro while playing other games full screen/movie (yay most players)

You want good anti macro make it detect patterns of same pixel/small area+ same/similar timings and then trigger it if a pattern forms after repeated usage vs it popping at random for people now due to doing actions in a similar fashion

A person repeating the same drag from+create will always have a more smooth/random path between logs in bsb to inventory to crafting menu to create button then a not

Even if they randomize the timings and path it can take between those few points as what's the point of a macro that's slower then your average person at making planks right

Anyway look for sustained patterns across long periods of time(none of us can sit there making planks for 1-2 hours at the same rate with the same path of mouse movement) and then investigate

and maybe instead of force a relog(easy to code around look at run escape bottling) upon failure just make a failure close all open windows and randomize the position of 1-2 of the windows that where actively used (might annoy the player slightly but ya) in terms of place and resize that would help slightly but again only for a while

If you guys seriously want to tackle botting on any level with invasive tactics be prepared to play a loosing battle

Look at wow at runescape at almost any other game they are all moving away from gameplay invasive anti macro and why? Because smarter game design and better detection are the key

Jagex doesn't want to ban bots as it makes up most of its revenue but they do so to please the small community of players left so 30-40% of bots get the boot every week and all are back within 6 hours but that's a other 80k prem accounts paid for with ingame currency and RL money thus making them money while pleasing players while not being invasive to players

The era of simple popups breaking macros is long since past when even small time not creators make such advanced bots in no time that it tends to leave people scratching their heads at "is this a not or really dedicated player multiboxing" 

Also the other note the more active your anti macro the more enticing it becomes for upstart bot makers to make a bot for a game as if they are the first and become the biggest then they secure a sizeable money income

Right now most macros are simple as hell

Keyboard macros

Auto hotkey

Ghost mouse

List goes on

But you make it more and more difficult for the simple ones to work(vs detection of those) by invasive popups it will annoy those who macro to the point they step up their game or go to any number of forums and pay a dev 200-400 bucks to have a look at the game and make a macro with said actions they want and release it(this happens to a lot of smaller online games that don't have the following to attract a bot maker outright) and often now there is interest in said game as there is a not for it so people think money and downhill we go

remove macro prevention and add random events like runescape with rewards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Niki said:

dont disagree with her she'll call you out for being right winged and using toxic masculinity. i have proof

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Niki said:

random questions with rewards please (dont know about runescape). yes to rewards, always 

if they give rewards for questions, it won't be annoying even if they make the questions pop up far more often. 

Edited by Maiev

3 hours ago, Egard said:

So which one was it ? Was it scale or was it drake ? Find out on next week’s episode of fabrications with angelklaine!

Its actually a scale set. He's working on platesmithing. But if you must know, its the blue scaleset that Ciray used to wear, lost during that fight with TC. We traded it for a black drake and some silver.

5 hours ago, Niki said:

?.... no.. I'd rather go play 5yo game and be annoyed by events guiding me around or I'd buy and torture myself with original no-man's-sky event messages for every micro-achievement.

**** popups!?

Wurm have some chill vibe on pve... such system with micro-games will of mess with that.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, Niki said:

how about no? runescape actually got rid of these events because of how harmful they where to the average player and their experience with the game

the only reason rs had these was because it was a step up of classic's fatigue system which was also a failure and with rs3 they have a anti macro system that does not really interrupt the player experience with the game but instead runs in the background and monitors a lot of things so much so that every time people finally figure parts of it out they realize there is a lot more to it to the point where most people who bot just decided to deal with the fact that they get accounts banned and make loads of backups because the anti macro system in place is actually effective and does not effect the legit player and punishes the botter big time(anywhere between 4 hours to 2 days on popular scripts before a ban is handed out)

On 2/28/2019 at 7:41 AM, kochinac said:

Not if someone macro one hour a day for example ;) I wonder if some people do some sort of soft macroing  instead of obvious all day runing macros and aren't caught. Maybe they check randomnes of pauses between requeuing actions too

Ha ha, soft macroing...ok?

macroing [sic] is programming!

It's trivial to provide randomization within scripts/macros to make it look like it's not a script.

It's trivial to watch fatigue and adjust settings based upon higher things like fatique or Too low Stamina.

It's trivial to answer the question(s).

It's trivial to logout and back into the game.

You'll never catch the great programmers only the sloppy or lazy ones.

The one's who are in it to make RL $$$'s are unlikely to ever get caught.

They're also most likely to not be enjoying the game :)

• Like 2

PS: Stork is the correct answer because stools have from 3 to as many legs as can fit which can be as many as 6 legs and occasionally more.

6 hours ago, Petrius said:

PS: Stork is the correct answer because stools have from 3 to as many legs as can fit which can be as many as 6 legs and occasionally more.

Yes, but thats not the point. A legitimate player can get confused. If you dont know what a stork is but you have a 3 legged stool in your house, guess what your answer will be...

Sounds like you might be trying to make a point. I wasn't.

It's called humor...but a legitimate player can get confused.... ;)

yeah, the macro questions can be quite weird... the detection pattern is even more weird... i was macro checked twice... once when i grinded platesmithing then weaponsmithing to 90 (starting from almost nothing) in 3 months total... so yes, a macro check was totally waranted, i was pretty nuts by then... the other one was when i was slacking in front of a pile of book, wasting SB away and not making much of a dent in my fatigue.

A buddy of mine got macro-checked on one of his afk alts... which are doing nothing but being afk watching what happens in local... no idea how it could have triggered the check nor the reason of it tbh :P

So meh... lets have questions making actual sense, that can be answered by a non native english speaker (PLEASE NO ENKI RIDDLES!!!!) and do their intended purpose... catch the bad guys.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 4:07 AM, SmeJack said:

none of it is in wu code so don't even pay attention to any of what is said

also lol that question

The interesting thing about this response is that back when WU came out I heard that this was accidentally released and then quietly removed in the next update. No idea if it's true myself, never saw the code. 3 different people at different times talked about it so it's possible that code control wasn't as tight back then and perhaps the word got out?

• Like 1

if it was or wasn't isn't really my point nor do I know if it was, what is in this thread so far however is garbage

On 3/2/2019 at 8:09 PM, Petrius said:

Ha ha, soft macroing...ok?

macroing [sic] is programming!

It's trivial to provide randomization within scripts/macros to make it look like it's not a script.

It's trivial to watch fatigue and adjust settings based upon higher things like fatique or Too low Stamina.

It's trivial to answer the question(s).

It's trivial to logout and back into the game.

You'll never catch the great programmers only the sloppy or lazy ones.

The one's who are in it to make RL $$$'s are unlikely to ever get caught.

They're also most likely to not be enjoying the game :)

and lets not forget when the easy to create macro's become easy to detect and the harder ones become more complex there becomes an incentive for young coders to create a macro for a game because they enjoy the challenge to better their skills vs actually playing the game

i do say make the questions be things that non native speakers will understand but dont go crazy on "anti macro" features as it will encourage the people who currently say "no its to easy" to start saying "hmm maybe this might be a fun challenge" 

16 hours ago, Petrius said:

Sounds like you might be trying to make a point. I wasn't.

It's called humor...but a legitimate player can get confused.... ;)

Not sure if you're aware, but tone does not translate through text. Hard to tell what your intention is.

I got one of these questions before , funny thing is I was out hunting so was in combat lol , never had one since that was like 4 years ago 

11 minutes ago, Dadamage said:

I got one of these questions before , funny thing is I was out hunting so was in combat lol , never had one since that was like 4 years ago 

Thats crazy, during combat? I wonder what would had happened if it was during pvp... or if you were fighting like 4 trolls and it happened during troll kill #1, you answered it wrong, and had to relog... while 4 trolls beat on you.

Hah!

I literally dig for hours yesterday, in the same place ... - no questions.
How do you guys get these?

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, Nappy said:

The interesting thing about this response is that back when WU came out I heard that this was accidentally released and then quietly removed in the next update. No idea if it's true myself, never saw the code. 3 different people at different times talked about it so it's possible that code control wasn't as tight back then and perhaps the word got out?

It is true.

• Like 2