Sign in to follow this  
Diceusinfinitus

In Memoriam - Seleas(Edward) - 02/18/2019

"You shall not see your brother’s donkey or his ox fallen down by the way and ignore them; You shall help him to lift them up again."

Deuteronomy 22:4

Seleas(Edward Keene) was always giving, always honourable and a good hearted person. I simply wanted to share the knowledge of his passing with those of you who may have remembered his time here.

To be brief and to my best knowledge: Edward stopped to help a person change a tire on the I4 in Florida around 1am on Feb 18th 2019, during which a car struck him well off the shoulder of the right lane. The Driver failed to stop but was apprehended soon thereafter. I need not post the news story here, it is easily searchable on google if desired.

I was an online friend exclusively for roughly 3 years, but over that time we spent many hours gaming and simply chatting, I WILL miss him. 

Please feel free to post positive comments/tales of adventure here!

Farewell Edward...

• Like 18

Thanks to Beastwolf and Pandylynn - they have donated a tombstone. I will travel to determine the best location to place this, nearest his last settlement. Thanks to all!

A tragic story. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Too many players have passed away during the last year or so. It would be nice to think that they are all playing a game of Celestial Wurm somewhere pleasant.

Rest In Peace Edward

My most sincere condolences. I did not know him, but how terribly sad. Seems like a good man. 

• Like 1

Always sad to see another player pass away, I'm sure he will be remembered by all his friends in-game.
We have lost far too many good players over the years and my heart goes out to the friends and family at this sad time.

Never met the man, but a fellow Floridian and Wurminan has passed. My condolences to his family and friends. May the almighty welcome him into his home. He passed away helping someone else. 

Gate permissions will not be an issue in heaven. He shall be welcome there.

Very sorry to hear of this.

My condolences to his family and friends wherever they may be.

Seleas frequented my sever on Wurm Unlimited. He was always helpful to new players, answering questions in global chat and being a positive influence in the community. I remember him for his witty comments, especially this comical exchange.

[12:57:44] <Seleas> Stranger danger!  Stranger danger!  I need an adult!
[12:58:53] <Eltacolad> I am an adult
[13:02:34] <Seleas> An adult going around hugging random kids?  I need another adult!

I'll miss his banter. Rest in peace, Seleas [Crazy Cat Lord].

• Like 3

Rest well, hopefully you end up in same paradise as the other wurmians we have lost.

Rest in peace to another good-hearted wurmian. This news really strikes.

If there is some way to maybe startup a memorial garden somewhere for players passed on, I would do what I could to help out.

This is a community of real people. Maybe our gms could make a memorial area for everyone to visit at-will somewhere.

Incredibly sorry to hear this.

• Like 2

Let's try to get Seleas and our other beloved a beautiful in-game memorial place.

Never knew the guy, but I wish I did, I always like wurmians and people who go out of their way to help others. It gives Wurm a totally altruistic aspect VERY FEW mmos today actually have. Most are oriented towards selfish achievements. In wurm there's 1000 ways to help other people.

RIP buddy, hope one day we'll wurm in that great lag-free server in the sky.

Sad to see the loss of such a kindhearted person, this world needs more of those, not less.  I would gladly help to establish a memorial garden, or perhaps suggest placing one in the starter towns for protection....

This is quite depressing news.  I myself did not have the opportunity to know Seleas, but you have my sincere condolences.

As for some kind of memorial garden for the passing of our members, please contact Retrograde and discuss it with him and we will work on a way to memorialize our fallen brothers and sisters.

• Like 4

On 3/1/2019 at 8:13 PM, MordosKull said:

Let's try to get Seleas and our other beloved a beautiful in-game memorial place.

I think memorializing people in Wurm is an amazing idea and I'd personally be in favor of an actual GM-spawned only tombstone be made for this purpose.

Player A passes away.
Player B reports it - submits with either an obituary from credible source or something of proof (some say this is to far but sorry - to many trolls able to easily abuse otherwise)
Player B makes a write up of the players life as they wish - submit for approval as well for appropriateness.

GM spawns said tombstone that players can read on. Tombstone now also becomes a "guest book" where players can leave notes. 

To expand on this - make it a 5x5 thing, couple benches, surrounded by hedges, small pillar on the corners, stone in the middle. - this be a pre-fabbed thing that gm pops down somewhere. 

Iunno Im just rambling but I think this is an amazing idea because Wurm is well... a lot can be said. Yall know where Im going with this.

• Like 3

RIP

Sounded like a great  person ,helped his disabled mother and died helping a disabled driver changing a tyre at 1AM in the morning. Awful he was only 41 :( too early

I don't even have words for this. So incredibly sad. Rest well brother.