Sign in to follow this  
Czar

[Fixed] Forges igniting after server restart

Despite the unhelpful antics of my villager mentioned in the last thread, it seems I wasn't going crazy. After this most recent restart two forges lit themselves and are currently alight but with no smoke and flames. Again I think this might be related to the bugfix for lamps that were extinguishing themselves during server restarts.

Not the only one, can't blame my stoner villager this time

[13:12:49] <System> This is the Community Assistance window. Just type your questions here. To stop receiving these messages, manage your profile.
[13:17:51] <Gromm> (Exo) anybody else have forges or ovens that are lit that you didn't lite?
[13:18:56] <Czar> just reported it in the forums
[13:19:22] <Gromm> (Exo) okies, thanks
[13:19:34] <Czar> i noticed it a couple of restarts ago, but my villager made me believe he was fueling them to mess with me
[13:20:22] <Czar> yours lacking smoke and flames too?
[13:20:57] <Gromm> (Exo) no smoke, but looks lit.. it's red and all the items in it are glowing from the heat

Going to add this to the bug list.  This is the second time I've noticed this as well.  It's not ALL forges, in my case it was just the last one lit and used and happened to be supreme and high quality.

4 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

It's not ALL forges

Yes, we have a cold forge that is never lit and that has not ignited on restart. An oven has also ignited this time, so this may affect all furnaces.

For now people should be careful about leaving flammable items in forges during restarts.

I found one of my plain non-rare forges lit (but dying) when I logged in today (27th Feb)

[13:42:20] ... A few red glowing coals can be found under a bed of ashes.

That forge had not been lit since 24th Feb.

Logging started 2019-02-24

[19:10:29] You light the forge.

Logging started 2019-02-25

[00:59:50] You start removing the ash from the forge.

It was the last forge to be lit on deed, and was cleaned of ash on 25th Feb.  

I have other forges and ovens in other buildings, but none of these appeared to be lit.

Also:

Once cold, it is possible to clean these lit forges of ash again - even though they have been given no fuel:

[14:12:48] You start removing the ash from the forge.

Edited by Muse

I have observed the following when I logged on this morning:

The oven I had lit late yesterday afternoon was glitched in the burning state, and said:

[08:51:44] An oven made from stone bricks and clay intended for cooking and baking. It is glowing from the heat. The oven has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 70.2299, Dam: 0.0. The fire burns with wild flames and still has much unburnt material.

The forge I hadn't lit for at least a day was glitched in the burning state, and said:

[08:51:39] A forge made from stone bricks and clay, intended for smelting and smithing. It is glowing from the heat. The forge has some irregularities that must be removed with a stone chisel. Ql: 70.3081, Dam: 0.0. Only a hot, red glowing bed of coal remains of the fire now.

And all six of my stills (70QL), which I had fueled before logging off yesterday evening were also glitched in the burning state, and said:

[08:41:56] A still used in distilling alcohol. It is glowing from the heat. You need to polish the still with a pelt. Ql: 70.2886, Dam: 0.0. The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

I snuffed all eight of them and re-lit them.

All other forges, smelters, and kilns on-deed that haven't been used within the last 24 - 48 hours do not appear to be stuck in the burning state.

I logged in today after the restart, and it seems to have happened to my forges / ovens too, though oddly only the Supreme, not the rare or regular ones. No smoke or flame, just the glowing bit in the middle.

wurm.20190314.0707.jpg

Yes, ours did as well - the last one used yesterday relit.  It's still on the list.

xWDCbMG.jpg

Confirmed this is still happening, and objects inside do get hot.

Although the patch notes say this was fixed, my forges appeared lit today after the restart.  Sent the bug back, but will check again after the next restart.

Independence server.

I've been told that the patch today should fix the lit forge bug, but we won't see the results until the next server restart. https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/169203-patch-notes-21mar19-new-hota-and-tweaks/

I'll leave this open for verification from all of you as sometimes one server goes down without them all going down.  Please let me know if you no longer see the lit forges after your server restarts after today.

Thank you.