Sign in to follow this  
Brattygirl

Gates on Highway

So I was working on finishing the highway through my deed and realized that my plan for having the highway run through my deed was conflicting with how I wanted my deed to look. It seems the game currently doesn't allow gates on a highway. Which makes sense so players can't lock up a highway for other players. I think gates should be allowed on deeded areas where highways run through as long as players are allowed to pass through them. This would help create a safe area for players to run into if needed, and can help achieve certain design aspects. Like having a Gate at the entrance to the castle. 

• Like 7

Thing is gate are only 1 tile wide ,.

Wagoner uses the green cateyes as direction , they follow that so you would need put 2 gates down .

Poor wagoner would run into the centre post of the gate ..

Unless they make a 2 tile wide gate ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Thing is gate are only 1 tile wide ,.

Wagoner uses the green cateyes as direction , they follow that so you would need put 2 gates down .

Poor wagoner would run into the centre post of the gate ..

Unless they make a 2 tile wide gate ...

Perfect time for 2 and 3 tile gates!

• Like 6

Well ###### I though of connecting my deed to highway through gates, didnt know its not possible ? +1 for making it work, and also for 2 tile gates, would ne nice if it could work for gate houses, you could atleast run it through that wide arch thingy where middle is free, right?

Awfully sorry, but I'd have to -1 this. In my opinion a highway should look like a highway, and not like a cul-de-sac ending at palisade gates. Not to speak about the headache caused by 2-tile wide highways and players locking gates, intentionally or not.

+1 as long as the highway protection means that they are passable by all players (those mechanisms may be too complicated for trolls and hellhounds) AND on a deed.

I don't want to see a bunch of random gates across a "highway" but I can see the logic in having it as the entrance to a deed.

Also love the idea of a 2 tile wide gate, especially the various stone types in iron and high iron varieties.

• Like 2

We should bump this. I had a highway passing through 2 gatehouses and i redesigned the north gate and found out we cant put highways through doors. my wagoner has no problem passing throught the doors of the old gatehouse, but now my deed is shut out of the northern pass. 

I'm all in favor of a 2-tile wide gate, and as Seriphina mentions if it's on deed and all players can pass thru, then it wouldn't hinder the highway. It would be nice if that gate would be lockable to humanoids tho, to allow players to escape the troll mobs, but not necessary. +1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaletheGood said:

I'm all in favor of a 2-tile wide gate, and as Seriphina mentions if it's on deed and all players can pass thru, then it wouldn't hinder the highway. It would be nice if that gate would be lockable to humanoids tho, to allow players to escape the troll mobs, but not necessary. +1

Yeah definitely. If it is on a deed, it should be allowed to be locked (to prevent mobs) but tell the player that since it is on a highway anyone can pass. 

• Like 2

i know they can add an option that blocks out or keeps the "Kingdom of "Freedom Isles"" May Enter always checked if built on a highway.

Edited by reddragon6450

On 2/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, reddragon6450 said:

i know they can add an option that blocks out or keeps the "Kingdom of "Freedom Isles"" May Enter always checked if built on a highway.

I thought it was already like this so +1