Sign in to follow this  
Grishord

Map Mod that runs when server starts up? Or a map host?

Is there a map mod that is server side that loads up with the server? My host doesn't support a separate file it has to launch when the server launches (Like dynmap does with Minecraft), OR is there somewhere I could periodically upload the map file that is a really cheap/free host without just uploading a picture? I'd like the functionality (search) of the map to remain intact and not just an image of the map.

I haven't found anything like this but figured I'd ask in case I missed it.

I've gotten this to work for my server. No extra hosting required.

You can use an image or the server will pull from the map files to display the map and changes to it (no recommended for PVP servers) 

• HTTPServer Library providing a HTTP Server for other mods to use
  • ServerPacks Provides additional pack download service for mods
  • ServerMap Provide a server pack with a pre-rendered or current map of the server

Those ones I put in for it to work. I am not sure if only the servermap one works, but it looked like they were co-dependent. 

Then, for it to work for players, you need the client mod to be installed. 

This will take the image or rendering of the live map and put it on the "M" ingame map.

Depending on what map you are using in your SQL files, those overlaying stones will show up in the in-game map. To get rid of those, simply go into the SQL file that has the server info and change the default map to Freedom.

I did this and it got rid of the stones for me. 

unknown.png

Edited by WittleBunnBun

First off thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! Now my question: Did you install these client side as well or are they only needed server side?

• ServerMap Provide a server pack with a pre-rendered or current map of the server

I've used the mod loader before without issue but I'm clearly doing something wrong because my client crashes as soon as I run the patch.bat file then try to run Wurm again.

Edited by Grishord

14 hours ago, Grishord said:

are server side and the server needs to be running these first.

Then the second link I gave you is the client mods you need to put in your own client files so it pulls the map image into your client while you are playing on the server. 

Make sure you are putting the client mods in your /WurmLauncher/ section, not the section where the server files are located.  

After I unzip those files in the directory, and then run the patcher, wurm won't launch anymore? Any ideas as to why? I can run the repair tool and then it works fine again. Everything is up to date.

Edit: A fresh install made it so it works. Now my issue is when I push M the map doesn't come up with the custom one, will it take time to populate it from the server or am I doing something else wrong?

Edited by Grishord

If you have the client mod installed, then you do not have the server mods installed correctly. 

Make sure your files are not disabled. Here is what the server mods should look likemods.PNG

The config files can pop up after you run the server once (most times) and the other files should be .properties in order to be activated. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun

Sorry for taking so long to respond, busy week, all of those files are present. I assume 660 file authorities on everything is fine? I'm doing everything with a remote host VERY unfamiliar with Wurm (I'm the only person they're experimenting with atm). Is there a command or something I can run to make sure the server is starting up modded?

Edit: I think that the server isn't launching as modded and that's my issue. I'm trying to resolve that. Thank you for your time!

Edited by Grishord