Sign in to follow this  
Maiev

Make electrum indestructable

Electrum, despite using gold and silver to make which makes it harder to get than gold and silver especially at high ql, is inferior to both at its properties. It seems to be only good to make 1 statuette for each priest for the journal.

I am not saying it should be like seryll (can't be shattered by spells). By indestructable I mean not destroyed by dmg either by natural decay or from use. So it won't retain enchant as well as steel or the moon metals but it will just never be destroyed except by spells. It will be a good skiller tool for people who keep forgetting to repair and destroying their item and people will actually have a reason to make electrum other than only once for the priest journal. 

Dig deeper, this reasoning just does not win my vote, sry.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maiev said:

Electrum, despite using gold and silver to make which makes it harder to get than gold and silver especially at high ql, is inferior to both at its properties.

Electrum takes -10% damage through use. Gold and silver take +20% and +2.5% damage through use, respectively. This makes electrum better than gold or silver at most tasks.

• Like 2

On all tasks it is worse than something that is easier to obtain to fulfill that task. Steel takes less damage from use, gold makes better pendulum, silver makes better weapon........ It is not really a jack of all trades master of none because you dont use one tool to fulfill all these tasks. You dont buy a well enchanted electrum hugeaxe to kill monsters, dig clay, mine ore, find stuff etc. etc. 

you will once you get all your tool sets to 90+ ql with 90+ casts because you will never need to work on them ever again,also nothing is too hard in wurm..i know that for sure

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

-1..nothing should be indestructible in wurm..

Seryll is already indestructable to spells, among all other great properties it has, which it deserves being a hard to get metal. 

Electrum is not like seryll, it has no properties where it is superior to easier to obtain metals. It obviously doesn't deserve many properties like seryll has being a much easier to obtain metal, but it could at least have one good property like being indestructable to damage, while still destructable by spells. 

Is the arguement here 'electrum is as good as it is'' or ''indestructable by dmg will make it obligatory for skiller tools''? I don't think it will make steel or the moon metals obsolete for skiller tools since they retain enchantments much better.  At best it might just be a more sought metal for skiller tools. 

I can't completely disagree with the worry of it becoming the favourite metal for skiller tools but I can't see how electrum is as good as it is. 

Electrum is STUPID to use because of the lump weight..... and the need to mine high quality gold(which is high diff to mine at decent ql), ~same for silver... than you have to fight the metalurgy rng to get decent LUL amount of electrum to improve with....

Because of that.. either ele~ needs to use 1/3rd of what typical imps require to make it worth or could just be ditched into that niche hole where it's at and remain there as a 'trophy metal', as else it's not smart to use it, unless you already have dumb high skills and imbue tools to work with... to just 'waste' your skill with this.

Normal players won't bother using ele~, well skilled ones.. will just bother for the extra coins, remaining no-clue-why-I-do-this people.. well they have no clue, how could I explain why they use it? :)

• Like 1

Exactly! Electrum as it is now is a lot of effort for no actual benefit. Nobody is going to use it unless it is changed in some way 

Well.. come up with realistic expectations, it won't be at the level of moonmetals, that's a sure thing, come up with reasonable buff that have a chance to be considered; I doubt that anybody cares that ele~ lumbs weight less than steel, it's how it is..

With only 1 buff it doesn't raise it to the level of moon metals.  Moon metals have many properties that are superior to all other metals by far. 

People don't care now because they think their tool will never get destroyed until they forget to repair that one time.  Then they will not care again because they got their lesson and it wont happen anymore, until it happens again. At least that is how it keeps happening to me :) I can make my own tools, my own skillers, put my own enchants but it still bothers. I can also imp them to very high ql as well, like someone mentioned as a solution, but that is not the issue here. 

I can see how it could be more sought after than steel for skillers if it was made indestructable, but right now I cant see it being sought after for anything. 

Electrum is a relatively recent alloy in the game and it having no actual purpose (other than that 1 statuette you need for priest journal, like I mentioned) makes very little sense. 

The point is, electrum does need a buff and everyone is free to make their own suggestion about it. My suggestion is that it is made indestructable from dmg. Agree or disagree 

Maybe adding the indestructable from dmg property to a moon metal or two as well would be a good balancing factor. 

I agree that electrum needs uses but what you propose is ridiculous. Steel should always stay as best nonmoonmetal option for tools. If electrum is to be undestructuble for dmg on use why should anyone use steel? Just imp pick to 90+ and never worry about reimping.. Nah thats too much and makes no sense, electrum is not that much tougher than gold and silver iirc in real life, certainly not tougher than steel. What electrum should be is somwthing for jewelry what is steel for tools, enhance magical properties of it... give extra bonus when casting with electrum statuete, less reduction when stacking ofensive and defensive rings, boost on those rings, better pendilum than gold etc. 

Plus we need more electrum runes like suggested while ago.

indestructable from damage doesnt mean it won't get damage. it just won't get destroyed after 99dmg 

it should have more base repair durability maybe - it's a challenge to make it deserves more bonus

how tf do you let your tools get to 99 dmg do you play with your monitor off

7 hours ago, Maiev said:

So it won't retain enchant as well as steel or the moon metals

neither of those things hold enchants better.

• Like 2

1Ql items get dmg faster than you might think. Just lost an anvil the other day in no time making few dozen sauce pans. Please tone down the toxicity

Electrum is used to make the age reduction runes, which is key to being able to transport venerable animals between servers.  It's not totally useless.

I would however like to see more runes made from it, such as humid drizzle maybe for helping get rid of disease. 10% increased size would be amazing as well, plenty of volume runes and only one size rune atm.  But it does have its uses; the necklace from electrum has a different model that's quite nice as well.

• Like 1