Sign in to follow this  
Maiev

Replace global cast on journal

Replace it with x ammounts of enchants casted on an item or with x ammount of gems vesseled.

• Like 3

+1 because global cast mission promotes you getting the benefit from alot of other toons work while they only get sb.

+ 1 because replacing it with x ammount of casts or vessels promotes teh grind and this is a game about grind so is more in the spirit of the game.

So my total is +2?! Can my "vote" count as a +2? no i am not a special flower...

• Like 1

+1 I noticed the journal entry
There was a Holy Crop cast on Inde and it got me thinking that this journal entry would only benefit the person who sees and casts it first.

Not everyone is going to know when the spell is ready nor will they have enough priests around to cast it themselves.

• Like 2

+1 from me as well.

It is almost impossible to get the opportunity to cast a Global spell. Specially when some people ninja cast it.

Edited by KillerSpike
  • Like 1

+1 to removing global cast requirements and a couple of suggestions:

XX - Channeling skill

XX - Number of casts > XX quantity

XX - Number of casts > XX Power

XX - Damage dealt to creatures or players (maybe give double bonus to pvp damage)

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Nathang said:

+1 to removing global cast requirements and a couple of suggestions:

XX - Damage dealt to creatures or players (maybe give double bonus to pvp damage)

This one is my favourite - promotes priests fighting with spells at rifts on Freedom.

• Like 4

+1 

The arguments have been made in this and other threads already and they are sound. This really needs to go. By making the goal a zero-sum game, it essentially forces a form of PvP on the PvE player base.

• Like 1

+1

It's not that the goal is unattainable or difficult; it's just that it has too much potential for drama due to casting competition.

+1 from me, seems like an oversight that this was a journal goal

+1 from me, either you need to ninja or stroke the right folks and wait in line, does not seem positive no matter how you slice it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Noevi said:

wait in line

What line?  Rhetorical question, but seriously, I feel like I'm missing something with all this talk of ninja casting. Has anyone actually started a list? And if they have, why should anyone else respect it? I don't see why someone should have to wait till 2022(!) for their turn just because they were the last to find about it and sign up.

No one should feel any guilt whatsoever about casting a rite whenever they get the chance. But the devs should feel responsible for the frustration, discord, and rancour this goal will sow in the community if it is not changed/removed.

• Like 4

I was actually thinking about starting a list on Xanadu. Maybe get Sermons going in my hub with prayer spam to get the diety favor filled. But I'm still rather far away personally from needing to complete the Global cast so I was honestly biding my time, because it feels like a futile endeavour to try and get people to line up for a reward like +5 cast power.

What authority do I have to dictate who gets to cast first after all, just because I make a petty list? (Granted, I would prioritize not just by FCFS but also by how many goals the priest in question has, with priests needing only the global cast being first priority.)

Feels like trying to organize around it just ramps up the drama potential if anything, but that's just my gut feeling about it. Perhaps I shouldn't be so cynical. But imagine there was a queue and someone ignored it...without it, it's at least "free game" and no false sense of entitlement can start floating around this goal.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

What line?  Rhetorical question, but seriously, I feel like I'm missing something with all this talk of ninja casting. Has anyone actually started a list? And if they have, why should anyone else respect it? I don't see why someone should have to wait till 2022(!) for their turn just because they were the last to find about it and sign up.

No one should feel any guilt whatsoever about casting a rite whenever they get the chance. But the devs should feel responsible for the frustration, discord, and rancour this goal will sow in the community if it is not changed/removed.

The line only exists if somebody does not want you to cast it so they can cast.?

• Like 1

It has to be replaced by something you dont have to compete with others on. Yes, its competing, not cooperating. This is how i see it just another way of splitting the freedom community, instead of bringing it together. Atleast the community seems to come together and agree that its a stupid goal, and should not be there.

Either completely change how rites work.

Or replace the goal with something that can be completed in cooperation, but not have to be.

• Like 3

Also if for some reason the decision would be to keep the goal it would be a bit of relief if the goal were set to all toons that already had a global cast (can be retrieved from Niarja; that is a "third party" app I know). I strongly support the change the goal though...

• Like 1