Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Mycellium tile on Freedom

Black light player base needs to increase and the biggest player pool Freedom cluster is the best source for it.

Initially i thought i would ask for black light priests to be able to make mycelllium tyles on a deed a black light follower or priest is a mayor off but then i realised ppl can just make temp deeds and fill areas with mycellium then disband it.

So all i am asking for is 1 (one) tile on a black light mayor deed.

The  reason for it is: Lib priests for example cannot grind channeling with creating mycellium tiles spell on Freedom and no blacklight can get the bonus from doing the "if i fits i sits" on a mycellium tile on Freedom.

Could even make it so that every 10 faith levels a black light priest can have an extra mycelium tile on deed. Sort of like the animal husbandry skill you start with 1 by default then gain extra as you level the skill up.

But then then possibility of abusing the system by having ppl temp deed fill with mycellium then disband arises so i thought make it long cd similar to enchanted grass thing but then ppl woul not be able to grind channeling skill by casting it so guess best compromise is to have it have no cd but if the deed disbands and/or the mayor is not black light priest or follower anymore then mycellium tiles disappear?

TL: DR:  Gief mycellium tiles on freedom:

- Black light priests start with ability to have 1/deed at 30 faith then gain extra with every 10 faith skill.

- BL followers can have one on deed at 30 faith but still need a priest to come cast it.

- Mycellium tile must be casted on a deed with the mayor being a black light priest or follower and they must disapear if the deed is disbanded or mayor switches to white light.

• Like 3

I agree with anything but the last line. It should be that people who aren't the mayor can keep the tiles on deed, as deity switches occur for a lot of different reasons - even if it's just to build a colossus, for example.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

I agree with anything but the last line. It should be that people who aren't the mayor can keep the tiles on deed, as deity switches occur for a lot of different reasons - even if it's just to build a colossus, for example.

Yeah that is just to prevent ppl from making the deed full of mycellium then disbanding it.

Other than that i dont see a reason for it to lose the mycellium if the mayor is not black light anymore since is a choice and by switching wont benefit from them anyways.

The deed disbanding loses mycellium has to be in tho.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

Afaik Mycelium is only completely banned from Freedom on technical grounds, like it's growth and function being tied to the HotS kingdom?

I think it'd (possibly) be the easiest solution that Mycelium was allowed to function normally under any Freedom deed's influence?

If the deed is disbanded, the Mycelium would just regress without a supporting influence, at least according to the wiki, I don't see what'd be the big deal with that. It sounds like you can get rid of it rather easily, too, if someone really wanted it out of their sight.

Yup, I don't get what the big deal is, someone make mycelium ofdeed you don't want you remove it, same thing with tundra, desert, moss, forest, anything. Not sure how you remove mycelium on PVP exactly but surely there are mechanics for removing scaled in dificulty to making it?

1 hour ago, Flubb said:

Afaik Mycelium is only completely banned from Freedom on technical grounds, like it's growth and function being tied to the HotS kingdom?

I think it'd (possibly) be the easiest solution that Mycelium was allowed to function normally under any Freedom deed's influence?

It would be a GM team worst nightmare trying to respond to tickets of ppl complaining the neighbour's mycellium got on their orchards or ruined the view they had.

So is best to try to bring it to Freedom in a controlled form not a wild freeform because on pvp server you can go raise that deed if you dont like it, on pve you cannot so then must be controlled and restricted because ppl cannot dictate what others choose to build or do on their own deed.

13 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

mycellium got on their orchards

If Mycelium would only work on deeds...that'd mean "your" orchard was on your neighbors deed. That scenario doesn't add up at all. Unless Mycelium can jump over 10 tiles, which would be the minimum distance between deeds because of perimeters. And someone's view isn't a good reason to restrict another player's ability to create their deed to their liking. As you said:

13 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

ppl cannot dictate what others choose to build or do on their own deed. 

and that's ideally how it should be. I might find demon statues ugly, that's no reason to limit the amount you can have of them on your deed though.

Edited by Flubb
Clarifying I referred to my previous suggestion.
  • Like 1

Why do we need to have more BL players? If you want mycelium, there is plenty on Affliction.

Having played BL for a long time, I don't even think Libila should be on Freedom to start with. If you believe in Libila, you fight for Libila.

2 minutes ago, John said:

Why do we need to have more BL players? If you want mycelium, there is plenty on Affliction.

Having played BL for a long time, I don't even think Libila should be on Freedom to start with. If you believe in Libila, you fight for Libila.

Because white light priest and followers can live on pve servers and have full bonus of their respective religions black light should atleast be competitive.

A white light has 10% xp as vyn follower if on pve or pvp regardless of what tile they are sitting on, meanwhile black light does not have it the same way, not even close.

99% of new players spawn on pve Inde now, how are they going to consider what side to join if they dont even find out about mycellium after months have passed and someone mentions hots accidentally to them?

Then you have 90% of pop playing white light and taht is not good in my opinion.

As an alternative you can make a low pop server in Freedom have mycellium enabled or can just make Epic cluster into pve (and make them sailable no more portal stuff)  and we have Freedom WL pve, Chaos pvp and Epic BL pve and all the hippie deity stuff from Epic gets moved to Chaos.

TLDR: 90% new players spawn in white light that has respective faith bonus all the time regardless if of pvp or pve or the type of tiles they stand on, all they need is 30faith. Black light needs to have a poop attack tile to even get some nutrition but can even have that on pve? I am sure one dev reading this is gonna be like: "I told you guys! we give them 1 finger they gonna want the whole hand!". 

Yes we want the whole hand especially since it's considerably smaller than the white light hand to begin with.

May you stop having wet dreams untill you do! :)    There! I have put the black lettuce wet dream curse on you!

18 minutes ago, John said:

Are you so desperate for players to join your dead cluster that you won't even let them have their little mushroom garden on Freedom?

mycellium is bugged as ###### and never stops playing the sound after you've travelled off server

keep that annoying garbage off anywhere i can't destroy it -1

• Like 1

If you really want your cluster to get players maybe start putting suggestions that can help epic and make it actually attractive instead of dropping hate on all suggestions focused on freedom cluster.

OMG if freedom gets better then we will never get more players on epic!! That ship sailed long ago 

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

mycellium is bugged as ###### and never stops playing the sound after you've travelled off server

keep that annoying garbage off anywhere i can't destroy it -1

And since so few ppl play on it obviously the dev team's resources are prioritising fixing bugs for the majority of the player base which is white light pve and now the mycellium bug will never get fixed which means ppl will say is bugged keep it off Freedom and now is a vicious cycle: you cant fix the bug since so few ppl play it is not a prio when having limited resources team but you cant have more ppl play on it since you cannot bring it to where new ppl spawn because is bugged?

+1 Mycelium on the PVE-Server

What would be cool, if we could cast mycelium at least on the deed.

Like it spreads only on deeded tiles inside the influence of a blacklight altar.

So when someone disbands his deed it should go away like it does on chaos when theres no influence of a hots tower anymore.

But since theres a spell to remove mycelium, i would like the most if, if you could cast it anywhere on the pve-isles and it will grow also only inside the influence radius of a altar.

So ppl could remove mycelium by destroying the altar or by casting that spell. 

• Like 1