Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Playing with map creation

I've been playing with some custom map creations using L3DT to give a more realistic natural erosion feel. I haven't gotten the biome generation down yet (as you can tell from the lack of trees) but the channeling and erosion algorithms look pretty good to me.

Shots in spoilers.

Spoiler

kom5gET.png

Spoiler

z9jk7hy.png

Spoiler

ZHepvMe.png

• Like 2

looking good there

i briefly played around with l3dt but then spent the coin on some world machine as i wanted to achieve the same feeling lichbane had in his crazy 16k map ❤️

the one process it has was coastal erosion which made really nice flat areas along the coasts which gave it this certain beach feeling and made traveling a lot nicer around the water as well

not sure if l3 has it but might look into it

another brilliant thing he did was use the splat map to paint the river beds into the biomes, pure genius that lad

• Like 1

I use a seed generated height map from Budda's Wgen then import it into L3DT to process it. My goal, more so than erosion, is the way you can output biomes based on ground water via a color map and then imported into Tenniel's generator for processing of the biome map.  My hope was that forests would follow the ghost streams that caused the erosion but the hard part for me, so far, has been getting L3DT to output a biome map that work's with Tenniel's climate distribution. 

I could not get an island to work in world machine but that is probably a limitation from myself more than from the software.