Sign in to follow this  
zeeph

Journal: 70 Prayer / Global cast

I didn't think it was possible to hate a grind more than fishing, which I did to "win", but prayer has almost surpassed it. The only reason it hasn't is because I'm making a killing in gems. I'm getting between 12-15 a day. That alone can tell you how much she's praying. She gained a prayer affinity (level 1) and has an affinity food for prayer. It's taken well over a month to go from 58 to 60. On a full day of staring at a rare altar she gets maybe .05. That's 20 days to go from 60-61, WITH AFFINITY BOOSTS. 

TL/DR to go from 60.01 to 70 is going to take me roughly 120 days of constant praying.

38 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

On a full day of staring at a rare altar she gets maybe .05.

try a 1ql non-rare altar.

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

try a 1ql non-rare altar.

When I log in for my next grind I'll do it at my low quality plain altars. I did try it once, and the results were even worse, but it might have been rng that day...

Rare stone altar 59ql: (praying pretty much non-stop)

[16:04:38] Prayer increased by 0.0024 to 60.0326

[16:24:46] Prayer increased by 0.0005 to 60.0331

[16:26:38] Prayer increased by 0.0005 to 60.0336

plain silver altar 18.5ql: (start of switch over [16:38:32] Soul depth increased by 0.0001 to 38.8524)

[16:39:41] Prayer increased by 0.0024 to 60.0360 (5th pray)

[16:42:26] Prayer increased by 0.0024 to 60.0384 (12th pray)

[16:45:55] Prayer increased by 0.0025 to 60.0409 (20th pray)

Leave it to @Oblivionnreaverto correct my poor grinding skills. TY! Not only are my ticks bigger, they are closer together...

Edited by ChampagneDragon

5 hours ago, Madnath said:

I've decided it's not worth the bother doing it on my priest, Lib isn't going to get a RoD anytime on Cele I don't think.

Maybe all the bl priests on freedom can get together and pray and sermon and do an organized public rite cast so everyone with a bl priest can get in.  I suggest independence, so mrgary doesn't have to travel

Or maybe

maybe

We can make it all a true community (still lol) event by allowing all faiths to link for rites.  Or just, you know, allow all faiths to link to all faiths because otherwise it's just an artificial cost barrier forcing useless 2s battery alts until you get 100 faith for regular spells.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Maybe all the bl priests on freedom can get together and pray and sermon and do an organized public rite cast so everyone with a bl priest can get in. 

Tried it and it didn't pick up, we had attendance of a couple of people, and that's it. Didn't even get half of the amount needed to do sermons if I remember right.

I rode almost all that have in this thread and only want to add something. 

We pay to play a game so we want to have fun.

Praying are not fun for anyone. Yes you can probably do it afk etc etc find a reason to like it (because other dont like it can be funny)

But praying isnt playing, and isnt fun.   Yes we can do it... Human can do anything to get a reward. But please i'm sure Dev can think about something to Keep it hard but make it (fun)?

Think about all those new players that will join soon from Steam. You want them to have fun or quit ?

The end....   Thx.

[00:11:50] Prayer increased by 0,0113 to 54,9407     (boring)

Edit (Global cast was more fun to do.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT

Just got an idea to make it more fun. why dont you at least you add a rare coin when a moment of inspiration come.  Lucky moon metal can appear sometimes ?(inspiration)  Change flint or salt reward with items linked to your gods ? Add more timer to the run speed like 10 min other than 20sec. Bonus to channeling for 10 min ?. etc etc etc etc....

Edited by heiro

I am glad I am not the only one still going crazy over this. 70 Prayer is a ridiculous achievement. Is it doable? Yes. Its pretty doable. Is there a point to it? No. Prayer is absolutely worthless.  If it fun? Hell no. It is pretty much forcing you to NOT PLAY your account or however long it takes.

I've heard all the arguments, especially the one that says "Its not intended to be done quickly, it should take years to achieve that goal!" Sure bud, My main priest has 25.79 prayer at 100 faith. I've been playing her for... [02:12:39] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 3 of the starfall of Fires, 1063. That's 1220 days, 23 hours and 13 minutes ago. that's prayer for what? 4 years + of playing? How long is a long term goal for Benediction then? 8 years? 12? 

You HAVE to grind prayer in order to get Benediction, and that means chaining yourself up to an altar. If you want to have ANY reward whatsoever for your time (like gems) you have to do it on Freedom, unless you're  one of the like 3 Epic players left I suppose. So grind on freedom for a few gems, or grind on epic a little faster and get nothing.

Those arent options. Fix this darn journal entry already!

• Like 8