Sign in to follow this  
zeeph

Journal: 70 Prayer / Global cast

12 hours ago, zeeph said:

Lib priest cant do global casts on the pve isles.

Yes lib, and demi gods, it's an issue. 

Only way to balance this at the moment would be to disable WL global spells journal rewards on pve side.

I would humbly suggest if there is a change will be looked into and possibly got changed it should be done quite quickly. I've already transferred my priest to a WL demigod instead a BL one to avoid the hassle with the rite goal. Others working on the rite and achieve it will need to be adjusted if the goal is changed also. Better to know it as fast as possible if the list will stay or change - to have less impact.

Fishing was changed also afaik because it was AFK skill, you didnt have to do anything, just bind key fish

There is a same problem with Prayer, in my opinion it should be changed, elo

9 hours ago, Votip said:

Fishing was changed also afaik because it was AFK skill, you didnt have to do anything, just bind key fish

There is a same problem with Prayer, in my opinion it should be changed, elo

dont let them ideas or will put an "aim" game to the altar...

• Like 2

make it so you have to plug in a microphone and read scripture for praying/sermoning

anyone that fails a pop quiz after does not count as a listener

• Like 4

Let's race

[20:37:25] Prayer increased by 0,0018 to 67,8615

3 hours ago, Sn00 said:

Let's race

[20:37:25] Prayer increased by 0,0018 to 67,8615

Lol dat prayer tic... 

Haha one step forward and two steps back:
- Give priests the opportunity to be more involved in gameplay so that it's not hell on Earth for people who are priests as main

- Create a Journal entry with great benefits that will only benefit priests that pay premium to pray all day long

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

[18:14:22] Prayer increased by 0,0019 to 68,8884

Ain't that hard.

It is when you only get 6 ticks for a total of .02 for an HOUR of praying.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Ain't that hard.

If your priest is an alt you can leave at an altar praying for your whole game session, sure. Try doing it as your main and only character. It only took you a month to get a whole point.

1 hour ago, Sn00 said:

Ain't that hard.

"###### you, I got mine"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

If your priest is an alt you can leave at an altar praying for your whole game session, sure. Try doing it as your main and only character. It only took you a month to get a whole point.

I don't have a priest alt, that is Snoo's prayer and I do plenty of other stuff.

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I already had 50 on Aly just from playing a priest before the journal came out, without ever sitting down and thinking "let's grind praying skill"

It's something that comes when you play as a main priest for a long time and do priesty things, of course, if you sermon your way from 30 to 100 faith you'll be missing out on a lot of that skill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

I already had 50 on Aly just from playing a priest before the journal came out, without ever sitting down and thinking "let's grind praying skill"

It's something that comes when you play as a main priest for a long time and do priesty things, of course, if you sermon your way from 30 to 100 faith you'll be missing out on a lot of that skill

Well yes, if you pray for years on end you'll get it. I am not arguing that. But is not something you can really be expected to grind for. That was my initial argument. Someone who starts today and mains a priest and actually plays the game will have to play for half a decade to come even close to finishing this goal. Or they can sit and hug an altar for months on end and do nothing else. That's not reasonable.

[22:09:48] Prayer increased by 0.0111 to 37.9565

see you all in a year, not that I expect to get the rite done very easily as BL

• Like 1

Next time someone does a fresh priest, do me a favour and just save every single iron you get from praying to until 7. I wanna see how many coppers you can make lmao

18 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Next time someone does a fresh priest, do me a favour and just save every single iron you get from praying to until 7. I wanna see how many coppers you can make lmao

I think someone did that once but it was in a chest and there were so many coins that when the containers decayed it needed GM intervention because looking at them was instant crash

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Well yes, if you pray for years on end you'll get it. I am not arguing that. But is not something you can really be expected to grind for. That was my initial argument. Someone who starts today and mains a priest and actually plays the game will have to play for half a decade to come even close to finishing this goal. Or they can sit and hug an altar for months on end and do nothing else. That's not reasonable.

Why not? It's and end goal. Something for priests that have been playing for a long time. People are always complaining that there is no endgame, and when they add it, ###### that it takes too long. I have no issues with a personal journal goal with a massive reward to take years of work. It's not hard, and if you WANT to get it faster, you can!

• Like 1

70 praying is a grind anyone can do, and its exactly what an endgame goal should be. 

I only have 53 btw.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Why not? It's and end goal. Something for priests that have been playing for a long time. People are always complaining that there is no endgame, and when they add it, ###### that it takes too long. I have no issues with a personal journal goal with a massive reward to take years of work. It's not hard, and if you WANT to get it faster, you can!

Yeah I have no issue with the 70 prayer goal, even if prayer is pretty much ###### useless.

4 hours ago, Alyeska said:

I get that. And I wouldn't have an issue with it... if prayer wasn't so damn useless. Its an exercise in futility. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth, grinding it helps the global casts take place. Not that I'll ever get to link to one before hitting 70 prayer.

I've read as a hint in the wiki that praying as though as you were still gaining faith helps the global casts...so do priests tied to an altar not do anything more than a follower climbing to 30 faith?

Either way, it'd be great if 100 faith priests gained some humane prayer ticks in lieu of faith ticks. Then they wouldn't be uselessly tied to the altars in said exercise in futility, they efficiently help global casts charge up(if the wiki hint is true) and possibly get there in the same time with guaranteed ticks 5 times per day; larger than usual ticks, but still reasonably slow to make it an end game goal when only praying 5 times a day.

Not only for the goal, but also to make the 5 prayers a day at least remotely interesting in the long term for 100 faith priests, as they are currently, ignoring goals, woefully useless and deprecated once you hit the 3 digits.

Edited by Flubb
Originally said "get to 70 prayer faster, but it's equally good if it happens in the same or at least reasonable time with this change
  • Like 1