Sign in to follow this  
zeeph

Journal: 70 Prayer / Global cast

Because the former thread about that topic got snowflaked to death, ill try to bring that up here again.

I understand that we need to put some effort in to complete the journal for the awesome reward, but I wish it would be in a way that is less frustrating.

70 Prayer

Its probably not that much of a pain for people who have a non priest as main char and a priest alt, like the most people have. Switching every few minutes to the priest alt for a short moment to push a few times the pray button is acceptable and doesnt feel so bad, because in the next 2 seconds you are back on your main char and continue to play the game.

After i wrote the last sentence i noticed that i dont see praying in wurm as playing a game. Well i like praying sometimes, and even do that for a longer period of time (10-30 minutes), when iam too lazy to do something else, but thinking about doing that for months only is the pure horror and has nothing to do with gaming. When making bricks or something similiar simple it involves still a lot more kind of actions, like putting something in the inventory, combine it, working with containers etc. But only pushing a button and nothing else, for such a long time...

Now think about the ppl who play their priest as mainchar. Those ppl are stuck for the eternity with doing nothing else then hitting a single button. Well Wurm is a hardcore grinder, but that is the worst kind of grind any game in the world could offer. When you want to be wurm the worst grinding game in the world, go and implement more of that *beep* quests into the game.

Beside that, who rly wants to raise prayer that high!?

Global Cast

I try to keep that short:

Lib priest cant do global casts on the pve isles. There arent much blacklighter at all to group up with and some of them prolly never plan to go to chaos, because the majority of the wurm player arent pvp guys.

What would work if you join that single blacklight kingdom, but are there enough bl priests to link with? Idk and no1 should be forced to join a kingdom because of such a reason. If I would be the leader of a BL kingdom i wouldnt even allow them to join. I would like to have ppl who join also with their hearth and defend or work for the kingdom and its hard to trust ppl when you know they will leave as soon as they have done their cast.

____

Dont come with "play on epic and do it there". We play on freedom, and if you really have to go another server cluster so that a "quest" gets acceptable, then someone has made a very bad game design decision.

Also you cant bring your gained skill back to freedom, it just resets to where it was before. 

___

And please dont change it to "reach 90 channeling". Seriously if i would have 90 channeling i wouldnt care much about that extra +5 cast power anymore. Would prolly still be cool, but doesnt worth that much effort anymore.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, zeeph said:

if i would have 90 channeling i wouldnt care much about that extra +5 cast power anymore. Would prolly still be cool, but doesnt worth that much effort anymore.

Channeling skill doesn't do quite as much as you think. Even at 90 Chan, +5 power to all casts is a LOT.
90 Chan =/= Every cast 90+   -- It's actually more like having a 50 to high 60's casting average on 50 difficulty spells. I personally would very strongly argue that the only place this reward really serves much purpose is on an already-high-end priest.

I didn't really consider lib priests with the global spell - Seems nearly impossible for them unless they leg it to Chaos with a few buddies and try to pop off LotD before getting swarmed.

Edited by whereami

2 hours ago, zeeph said:

Seriously if i would have 90 channeling i wouldnt care much about that extra +5 cast power anymore. Would prolly still be cool, but doesnt worth that much effort anymore.

Given it ups the possible enchant power to 109 it's a pretty powerful result from doing this.

This is why it's hard, getting a priest specific skill to 70.\

The rite one has some points, so we'll see if anything needs to be adjusted, I haven't seen any issues yet with people ninja stealing them so maybe people will learn to work together! 

• Like 3

I foresee an issue with the rite spells as well. From what I can tell it usually takes a few months for a spell to be recast (Besides all the casts after the priest rework) What happens  when you have 10, 20, 100, etc priests that are trying to complete this journal but have to wait to be the first to cast a rite spell when available.

• Like 3

working together for one sole person to reap the rewards until the next one a couple months later sounds great

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The rite one has some points, so we'll see if anything needs to be adjusted, I haven't seen any issues yet with people ninja stealing them so maybe people will learn to work together! 

Playing on chaos, it's pretty much impossible.

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Given it ups the possible enchant power to 109 it's a pretty powerful result from doing this.

This is why it's hard, getting a priest specific skill to 70.\

this is great, and the fact that Rite spells limit who can do it and when, the 109 spells will be a great market for a while and these lucky people who grinded/worked for it, will be able to give it as a service.

I don't think this is bad at all and tbh makes me want to grind prayer, happily.

I think the big argument against grinding prayer is that it is a stub skill; it has 0 real use in-game once you grind it.  If prayer offered some tangible advantage at higher levels, less people would complain about levelling it.

The rite achievement will work well until it explodes into drama.  When it does, that drama will be great as the community foresaw it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I think the big argument against grinding prayer is that it is a stub skill; it has 0 real use in-game once you grind it.  If prayer offered some tangible advantage at higher levels, less people would complain about levelling it.

The rite achievement will work well until it explodes into drama.  When it does, that drama will be great as the community foresaw it.

they could increase the skillgain the higher you get maybe or make it give more rewards potions, gems etc maybe something new?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I had no idea you were such an optimist. :) My cynical nature says we haven't had enough favor pools filled yet.

The only mitigating factor I can see would be if favor pools filled more easily, but I don't know if that's the case.

• Like 1

There has been 2 rites casted since the journal came, one of them a pretty good Vyn. 

Its utmost stupid that one priest can have an «advantage» for maybe years compared to your priest, either it is in the market or in the battlefield. I have no problem at all with goals that are grindy, and i would much rather see for example 90 chan, 70 prayer, 70 religion, 50 soul depth as a goal instead of a global and 70 prayer.

Make it so that people can grind the goals in their own speed. Dont make it so that if youre unlucky with timezones, work, low play time or just dont know all priests on a server so you can get a chance - you dont get the goal at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

To be honest I'm quite iritated with this kind of answer. Libila priests CAN'T do it on freedom. Hello!!! That's a huge ###### issue not something that need to be adjusted. And even if they could only a blind man can't see that it will quickly escalate to a state where people will rip eachother guts about it or simply stop bothering because it's impossible for them like it was with old personal goal system before fixes for them. Plus it gives advantage to those with several high faith batteries who can act quickly. Do you seriously expect me to grind 2 more 100 faith batteries with dumb faith gain system for it? And also yes it's mmo but it doesn't mean you have to be forced to play with others, some of us have lone wolf playing style. I would rather have 90 prayer tbh as a goal than global spell where I have to depend on others...

I'm fine with 70 prayer goal, yeah it takes times but doable. Rite would gladly have replaced for anything no matter how grindy and time consuming.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

so maybe people will learn to work together! 

*Audience laugh track*

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Nordlys said:

Make it so that people can grind the goals in their own speed. Dont make it so that if youre unlucky with timezones, work, low play time or just dont know all priests on a server so you can get a chance - you dont get the goal at all.

This for almost everything in this game. Anything that you can't do when you have free time but you have to do it when game says you can otherwise bad luck for you, you must wait another year for stars to allign. Things that you miss ingame because of family, job, health are huge bummer, I shouldn't adjust my time to game, game should adjust events to my time otherwise is pointless to play. And this game is full of those examples, 90% of rifts are when I am unable to play, I have to wait yearly events to have any chance to grind faith on priests, uniques spawn when I am at work by the time I get home they are allready located, heck you even had to be online when rite was cast to get ml, thanks god that change to 24h window. Wurm should take more steps into that direction...

• Like 2

So I think we've established there might be an issue with the rite achievement. But how about some suggestions for a replacement?

So far, the only suggestions are skill level ones, such as getting 80 channeling or something, but I think we can be a bit more creative. Some ideas:

• Cast a 100+ power enchant
  • Gain X amount of favor by sacrificing items or animals
  • Sacrifice a champion creature
  • Stand around and stare at an altar for 8,504 hours. Oh wait that's 70 Prayer.
  • Perform X confessions or conversions

Not all of these are good ideas, but you know, shotgun approach.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I haven't seen any issues yet with people ninja stealing them so maybe people will learn to work together! 

'Ninja stealing' implies some kind of rota has been established, i.e. that someone has a 'right to the rite' as it were. Guess I missed that memo. Glad it's been cleared up now though, 'cause if I had done the rite when the pool was full, apparently I would have been 'stealing' from someone else who had already claimed it. Anyone have a link to the rite rota page where we can sign up our priests? No? Huh . . .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LaRue said:

So I think we've established there might be an issue with the rite achievement. But how about some suggestions for a replacement?

So far, the only suggestions are skill level ones, such as getting 80 channeling or something, but I think we can be a bit more creative. Some ideas:

• Cast a 100+ power enchant
  • Gain X amount of favor by sacrificing items or animals
  • Sacrifice a champion creature
  • Stand around and stare at an altar for 8,504 hours. Oh wait that's 70 Prayer.
  • Perform X confessions or conversions

Not all of these are good ideas, but you know, shotgun approach.

100+ enchant is a nice goal, it should be included but i don't think it's hard enough, i go for 100+ cast when i'm casting my supremes and rares(yes i'm crazy, shattered only one so far though) and can easily do it in matter of hours, maybe day or two with bad luck with 93.7 channeling priest... max 104 cast would be interesting but maybe be too hard like fantastic item goal was, i never got anything over 102

Having chanelling skill goal will also be sutable, 90 is maybe to easy, 100 crazy hard so how about 95 channeling maybe? That require lot of work and ton of things to sack but it's resonable...

Now that i think shatter supreme item as goal might be ironicly fun xD

Succesfully enchant Xk tools and weapons might be most inline as well as channeling skill as you gain profficency like with affinities

Edited by kochinac

The 70 prayer goal is fine IMO, but what really needs to be changed is the global spell goal. Especially for BL priests it's a really horrible goal considering its only castable on PVP servers. Almost any other goal would be better, like 100+ enchant, 90 prayer, 90 channeling or cast X amount of spells.

• Like 4

Yeah the BL global cast is terrible, not that many with BL priests around and pretty much no go to join to BL kingdom as well, no one likes bunch of random guys running around making/stealing kingdom materials/banners etc while the kingdom tries to help them, plus it takes ages to get 1 rite casted. Too much effort to get anyone in the BL kingdom for so little reward if any.

Edited by Themystrix
wording

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Well, it has a use now though...

I think the goals are quite fair, maybe the global spell is a bit meh but I don't mind it.

1 minute ago, Sn00 said:

I think the goals are quite fair, maybe the global spell is a bit meh but I don't mind it.

Are you a BL priest with the intention to complete the journal?

• Like 1

Why not just allow the BL rite to be cast on freedom, but remove the negative effects to other players?