Sign in to follow this  
Egard

Make Uniques Great Again

Yes this is another suggestion post about uniques.

MAKE UNIQUES NOT ABLE TO BE PENNED ! 

its in their name "UNIQUE" they should be unique mobs that spawn randomly. They should not be able to be penned, they should not have a message announcing that they have spawned pop up and they should have what determines where they spawn looked at because at the moments they follow a very high trend (Forest regions base of mountains). Killing this should be require effort and teamwork. Finding them should be either random or you go out and look for them on your own not because of a server message. Also removing the ability to pen them makes it so groups can do planned events, you found it you have to get a group there to kill it then or hope you can find it again when you have a group. Removing the message will prevent all this hard hunt for them, it would make it a more local server event. Where players in that server found it and get it together to kill it or they can call friends to come help and such. Should help reduce all the drama and all the stupid nonsense rush of unique hunting groups swarming server when they see one spawned. It should be challenging, demanding and require effort to kill uniques not some easy walk target because you penned it so now it’s in a controllable environment. 

discuss below, keep the tears to angels thread kthx. 

Tldr for the dumb dumbs who need things black and white :

-make uniques not be able to be penned

-remove server message/twitter/every where else it’s announced that they spawned

Edited by Egard
  • Like 9

+1 Thought they gonna do it this way a while back.

If it's penned the dragon should get teleported on the surface and destoy fences around, or something like that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Egard said:

MAKE UNIQUES NOT ABLE TO BE PENNED ! 

This has been mentioned before in various posts and I agree with this only if they are at the same time made to be non-aggressive like those huge Avatar things. This way they will not kill others just passing by or destroy their villages and properties. Sure, if they are attacked then they will attack everyone within a large aggro range who attacked them or assisted in it by healing others attacking them. Even in this stage they will not damage any structures/fences as they will just pass right through them like Spirit Templars do (so the mechanics are there).

=Ayes=

• Like 1

+1 totally agree, remove messages and all niarja stuff  and whatnot about alive uniques since it has become to private slay and loot events

but still respawnable?

doesnt seem very 'unique' to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

This has been mentioned before in various posts and I agree with this only if they are at the same time made to be non-aggressive like those huge Avatar things. This way they will not kill others just passing by or destroy their villages and properties. Sure, if they are attacked then they will attack everyone within a large aggro range who attacked them or assisted in it by healing others attacking them. Even in this stage they will not damage any structures/fences as they will just pass right through them like Spirit Templars do (so the mechanics are there).

=Ayes=

This isn't even happening because it can't be penned, villages aren't screaming "HELP ME HELP ME I CANT PEN THIS DRAGON" and to me it's just an excuse to stand by whilst a group comes more easily without being attacked. Please. No village under "distress" is penning it currently, they hope it moves away or they lead it away, how does Not penning it do this.

I don't know you, but are you part of a hunting group by any chance?

Edited by Mclavin

8 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I don't know you, but are you part of a hunting group by any chance?

I am only responding because I had to laugh about this question. Yes, this shows that you do not know me and have paid little attention to my posts on this forum concerning Dragon/Unique hunting. Ok then I will make it plainly spoken to you. No, never been to any of these hunts and never intend to spend any time even viewing them. All I want is to keep the *possible* negative effects from them in a land far, far away. Maybe somewhere over the rainbow even, where those seeking their fortunes can easily find their way. Well, the blue skys at the end would be nice to see though but they are mainly blue where I am now so no real need to see them at rainbow's end anyway.

Now that I think of it I rarely see any rainbows in the Wurm skys now. Maybe those darn Dragons are running around devouring them all to hide their locations!

=Ayes=

removing penning/deeding removes public slays as nobodys going to trust random people to not steal corpse, theres not going to be "planned hunts" or whatever it'll be grab all your current online friends, spam alts to stack CR and summon them there. "finding it again" isn't really a thing as vast majority of uniques on pve are leashed to their spawn point so it'll be where you left it unless its already dead. If it spawns near your village it's just going to demolish it before you can get a group there coz you cant even get it stuck in a cave.

unique drama is never going to stop being a thing as long as one person gets more loot than another, its the nature of the game to cry when others get stuff you dont

ive been to both slayings in the open and in pens and theres not really any difficulty differences between the two

as for removed server messages, i like the idea, or just "rumours of the x" means its spawned on one of the servers and doesn't tell you which one it's on

12 hours ago, Mclavin said:

villages aren't screaming "HELP ME HELP ME I CANT PEN THIS DRAGON" 

i've been called to come pen uniques that were in someones village a few times now. depends on the person really, most people go straight to their alliance generally.

Rework rifts to something sane that's actually easier to participate in... tiny part of the working people can join early morning/late night rifts during the week or bordering .. weekend days.. + plenty of similar examples for the "convenient times", as you can't honestly expect somebody to just play a game 24/7, plenty of things happen irl to just ditch that for a 2-4hour 'raid' in wurm or whatever game (to be a fun event, it should be easier to participate in these events)

Rework dragons in a similar matter, no need to pen if distribution of the loot is automatic, main thing.. people want loot and to participate or slap the dragon/unique/ for a title, body's not that important.. could be also rng or score-based+variation to that roll.. for a trophy of the unique, dragon tooth, kyklop-pinky-toe, ...

later on.. introduce a way to imbue unique trophies into gear, armor, weapon, boats, carts, wagons, hotas(you're like hotas-WTF.. ok.. slap a random occurring events to spawn a sky-beam like event/rift/altar effect from the hota for small limited time, something..)

Or we could just wait for hens with new color, it's all content.. but how much does it make people happier to have the one and the other.. how many are going to use either, how many aren't happy with current situation and what exactly bothers them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

Rework rifts to something sane that's actually easier to participate in... tiny part of the working people can join early morning/late night rifts during the week or bordering .. weekend days.. + plenty of similar examples for the "convenient times", as you can't honestly expect somebody to just play a game 24/7, plenty of things happen irl to just ditch that for a 2-4hour 'raid' in wurm or whatever game (to be a fun event, it should be easier to participate in these events)

?

This thread is about uniques not rifts Kthx bye!

Yeah +1 We don't need people penning them for their own selfish greed.

• Like 1

You realize that no penning means, even less public access to these slayings unless you play 6+hours a day every day.. you'll have probably 0% chance to get into one..
Just making them unpennable will only favor the groups that roam around and hunt them once there's a rumor about their spawn.

meaning... if you change the mechanic.. rethink that also.. while you're changing things around.

• Like 2

Unpennable alone probably won't solve anything. Make it passive, make it much stronger and far more durable, remove the attackers limit, make the loot go to inventory of attackers with chance based on successful hits and received hits. 

+1 Unique fighting is so boring, the only time you actually interact with the game is when you appear 20 tiles behind where you were.
I can see a refresh in uniques bringing a lot to the game that does seem missing already

Wonder why nobody has suggested to just remove uniques from the game yet... all this drama and fuss over something 95% of the population probably have never encountered and wouldn't miss...

Because that would be spiteful to those that enjoy grouping up and taking on something bigger then them?
just cause you don't do something, doesn't mean it should be removed?

But it does need a bit of life bringing to it

Do what you want for WO, leave WU out of this crap.

We got the same mechanics and none of the attached idiocy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Do what you want for WO, leave WU out of this crap.

We got the same mechanics and none of the attached idiocy.

thats cause nobody cares about your uniques because your market is non existant lol

• Like 3