Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Think like a Dragon!

All drama aside, the actual unique fights are boring, repetitive, and simply about DPS versus healing.

As a unique, I'd want more options to deal with the pesky people attacking me. Here are some example suggestions (I won't cover every unique):

Red Dragon

I am fire, I am death, yada, yada, yada!

I tend to spawn in or near deserts, and I immediately call for surrounding denizens to come to me: scorps and crocs, primarily. I can command them, and they will no longer behave as wild beasts, but as disciplined servants.

I will send them in organized squads against anyone violating my perimeter, but I will not deign to attack anything less than a real challenge. If my lesser servants are defeated, I will come. (A bit of newbie protection!)

If wounded, I can summon the servants of fire to my aid: lava fiends, hell hounds, and hell scorps. I can command them to target those casting spells. I can cast Armageddon: multiple Fire Pillars incinerating my entire local. As I near my last breath, I can summon drake spirits from the beyond to help or avenge me.

If I am unsuccessful at attacking any one individual, I may shift attacks to other warriors, or I may do so suddenly, just to disorient my attackers. I may also change position, using my mobility to my advantage. I may charge anyone in my vicinity, and my charges gain power the farther I fly. (Don't leave toons at edge of local!)

If me or my minions slay anyone, I can absorb their departing essence to heal.

Blue Dragon (just the differences from Red)

I love the water, and tend to spawn over the deeps. I'll immediately call for surrounding denizens to come to me: sharks, and dolphins, and whales, and if wounded, I can summon snakes, champion sharks, and the sea serpent. I can cast multiple Tentacles at once, covering my entire local.

Troll King

I love the woods and hills, and will call for trolls to come to me. We will find a wild hill and immediately start fortifying: cutting down trees and building spike barriers around our position. If wounded, I can call on the champions of my tribe, and at my last gasp, a flock of eagle spirits. I can also summon an earthquake to shake my local.

I think the above would be far more interesting and dangerous. :)

• Like 1

In short, you want uniques feel like boss fights that happens in waves and to add some cool factor.

+1 for some new effects and AI, not sure if these are the ones, but gives good ideas.

Dragons should drain deeds and store the coins in a mountain.

• Like 2

I think we need alchemy hp potions before this becomes a thing...

Sure we have lof but.... it's far more common to have a pet priest and survive the fight than be average and have a chance to be around without a few shameful stories to .. not tell later

water fight could be interesting... sharks have been passive meatbags for so long.. gets me curious... also brings something to shipbuilding market.. with damaged boats if blue dragons had to be fought in water, even if that's on temporarily spawned dragon island that is later to dissapear in few hours...

btw what's with all the dArgon mechanic changes lately, too many ppl running around with torches

• Like 1

Can imagine a blue dragon lava breathing on the water to make an obsidian bed / island to walk around, attracting the sea monsters etc...