Sign in to follow this  
igSnarkin

Poor Trade Practices

Some people for a while are in the habit of ordering things and then taking their sweet time to get around to picking up the COD items they order.

It seems the buyers who are online really have no reason to not pick up things in a timely manner an hour or two at the most not 2 -3 days?  People who are not online when they order is understandable they may take longer  and usually pick things up as soon as they log in.

Buyers be considerate..the sellers may have to pay upkeeps premium and are waiting on your payments.

Some buyers will use the "well I have always picked up my mail and nothing has ever been returned"  Maybe the problem with that is the time it can sit in the mailbox is far too long and should be reduced to 3 days.  Motivate them a bit.

People are have been known to order items from a seller who has the same item for sale and keep it locked up in their mailbox so they can sell their own item then letting the  original item just get sent back after they have sold and made their money.

Should we start posting the names of those with poor COD pick up habits?

Should we maybe have an upgrade to the mail system so that we can see exactly who is outstanding in game? (rather then a paper beside the computer lol)

Just throwing it out there to encourage those to pick up COD in a timely manner as they would hope others woudl do for them :)

• Like 1

Or they can just buy from someone else that's a little more patient.  Wurm bulk sales is a buyer's market... just saying.

Give the option to recall an item after 24 hours of failed collection.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, igSnarkin said:

It seems the buyers who are online really have no reason to not pick up things in a timely manner an hour or two at the most

What!?! Seems to me you are really impatient here. This sort of time frame is unreasonable. If I purchase something on the forums I will rarely pick it up the same day but normally on the next when I log in whenever that day. Also, a lot of times the sellers don't even send out the item for a day or two. What about that? Yeah, it also requires a bit of patience or maybe canceling the order and not ordering from them again if the send out response is too long.

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Give the option to recall an item after 24 hours of failed collection.

This is a good suggestion but again the recall time is too short. I'd say 5 days would be the max time it should sit in someone's mail. Then there should be no charge for the sender to recall it. Then you just don't sell to them again.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ayes said:

What!?! Seems to me you are really impatient here. This sort of time frame is unreasonable. If I purchase something on the forums I will rarely pick it up the same day but normally on the next when I log in whenever that day. Also, a lot of times the sellers don't even send out the item for a day or two. What about that? Yeah, it also requires a bit of patience or maybe canceling the order and not ordering from them again if the send out response is too long.

Let me be a little more clear when stating an hour or two i was referring to sales made in the trade channel with both parties being online and the item being sent as soon as ordered. So with a decent mailbox that would arrive in say 4-5 minutes I don't think with the person online an hour or two is impatient or unreasonable but I do think 2-3 days is.  The later part referred to forum purchases which obviously may have  the delay of the person logging in.

not every single place has a mailbox, if im grinding mining in a random mine i found gold in im not gonna suddenly stop and ride 10+ minutes to pick up something i cant use to grind mining. just as you have limited playtime, so may others who dont want to waste it going to a mailbox. just send them a pm "hey did you get the item" and stop being passive aggressive on forums

• Like 7

I really like the idea of having a way of a person sending something to have a way of tracking that - what item is sent to who and how long it has been outstanding. and potentially the ability to recall for longer. This would also help solve accidentally mailing something to the wrong player due to spelling errors etc. 

Honestly I'm a cronic bad buyer, I don't have enough time in IRL to devote anywhere as much time to Wurm as I'd like and im very likely to get caught up and forget about something relitively minor - such as a small purchase on Wurm. It's very easy for me to log out from Wurm and sometimes find myself not able to log back in until the following week sometimes.  This is something I am sorry for but also something that is unlikely to change unfortunately. I'd imagine I'm not the only one in a similar boat in this respect. Sellers also need to consider their buyers aswell, everyone's playtime and ability to relate with the game is different. 

So that's my two cents, +1 to more control and information for mailers and -1 to name and shame type stuff because it's calling out behaviour that is exceptionally unlikely to malicious. 

• Like 5

I always assume there's the possibility that the items I sell will be coming back in 14 days unpaid for. It hasn't happened yet but it could. Try not to be in a place where you need to sell something within in a few hours to pay your premium or deed upkeep. If someone is not paying for your items in the mail, just don't trade with them anymore.

There is also the possibility of people ordering when at one server, go to another server while item is prepared and be there for a while while the item is waiting at the other server's post office and not know or forget about it. It would be great if there was a way to track mail and also to recall it after enough time passes. 

• Like 1

Sometimes certain circumstances can also affect buyers. I myself purchase rare planks so often a few people just mail me them without PM'ing me, which is perfect for me. However during my two weeks away, I was totally unable to log in to Wurm. I tried to contact the people who send me items every day for the week before I left, but I only managed to reach a couple of them.

Yeah sure, it sucks. I agree with the concept of buyers being mindful of picking up their items and such, but the same must be said for sellers.

Rather than complain passive aggressively on the forums and propose calling out people, which is only going to stir the ###### stick of drama further, why don't you actually think of a better solution that can be implimented in game, and go to the suggestions forum? It's no secret trading and the mail system could really, REALLY get some work done on it.

Edited by Madnath

This post is not passive aggressive or  referring to any person it was just something i had noticed over a period of time lately and was opening up a discussion and then after the discussion the intention was to  head to the suggestion taking all the "constructive and relevant" input to make a post there.  Sorry to disappoint its not a regular attack at any one person post as is to common.

I agree with others. It could be that i see something i want, pm them just before i log off (has happened many times) and cant log in for a day. I still want the item, i am still going to pay for it, just it will take me day. I usually warn the buyer and ask if its okei, if i pay for tomorrow as i am going to log off. Additionally it could be i am out hunting, traveling, in a random mine etc. If i am in the middle of my grind somewhere i wont pick up the item after i am done because i am in the middle of something and want to finish it. Pretty often it is more then an hour for that. Now add the fact that it can and sometimes is sent sub 70 cast courier so people might not be on for that timeframe. All those things can and will happen. 

I +1 the idea of being able to check the mail, which will also tell how long it will take they get there(for example for bad casted couriers) and after a week or maybe 5 days you can recall. Shorter amounts would make it possible to try to sell for more while sold already

• Like 2