Sign in to follow this  
Merumbra

New Server Idea

Lets have a server that is completely underground. There is no above ground, just mined out pathways to housing areas players carve out and underground pockets areas of lava and monsters. Have cave ins happen much more frequently. Random lava spawns from seismic activity. Have ruins that hordes of monsters come out of breaking through walls and bashing fences and gates more often so it is not a safe place. Also let the players put slabs on the ceiling and dye them different colors to simulate the sky that they will never see on this server. Maybe a new priest spell that will make a simulated sun to light up large areas.

• Like 1

+1. I could definitely see this working as a temporary league/server, and if it were popular enough, maybe add it as a permanent. :)

• Like 1

+1. Or make the surface so dangerous with some valrei creatures and  tons of troll, hell hound etc. spawns that people dont dare leave the safety of their mines except when they have to break through with a large group just to get some materials from the creatures or trees, clay etc and go back before they get slaughtered. 

Edited by Maiev
  • Like 1

Or...  Have it as an underground server with set entry points linking all existing servers together via land as well as sea...

• Like 2

I like all these ideas and they give me some more as well. If the area was link underground to all servers could do an invasion scenario. Where the linked points underground have to be maintained on the server by guard spawns. If the guards ever got wiped out then the entrance would change to be a spawning point for random monster parties that would slowly start roaming the server till the players regained control of the linked point on the server. Possibly, if it went on long enough, have the monsters settle down and make there own camp that would spawn more monsters. The new monsters spawning on the servers would bash and destroy things at the same rate trolls do now, so less often than on the new server I am suggesting. To help maintain the linked point, players could do missions like for the gods but would be sending supplies to the guards and after enough supplies get there the guards equipment would upgrade for each guard alive. Any new guards that spawn would be at starting armor and have to be worked up. If there was an above ground, could make missions on the new server that would increase the guard count and buff them up enough that they would try to make a foray to the surface for a limited time and help lessen the monster load for players to gather more resources.

i think if we could swim underwater the OP would be an even better suggestion but im not sure such a thing is possible.
anyway, +1 , would need alot of lamps i get depressed after too long in a mine. maybe i should bump that mycelium thread.

• Like 1

It's an interesting idea. Just a huge giant server of mountains with only one tile of beach to land on and work from. The rest of the map would be mountains/hills up to the sky box.

4 minutes ago, Kswords said:

It's an interesting idea. Just a huge giant server of mountains with only one tile of beach to land on and work from. The rest of the map would be mountains/hills up to the sky box.

As far as I know, mountains up to sky create completely flat areas on top at which you can have grass, build etc.