Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Reach 70 Prayer - WTF?

25 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Are you sure that account does not have a lot of more soul overall skill?

My fo former nahjo got higher prayer close to 86 and soul around 30 and sometimes I see more gems from fo then from vynora/paaw with 84prayer/86religion/60+soul, I hope it explained it's not soul related

7 minutes ago, Qdlaty said:

My fo former nahjo got higher prayer close to 86 and soul around 30 and sometimes I see more gems from fo then from vynora/paaw with 84prayer/86religion/60+soul, I hope it explained it's not soul related

I'm aware it's not, it's not releated to prayer either.

Only thing prayer does is to reduce your timer when you pray.

45 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

I'm aware it's not, it's not releated to prayer either.

Only thing prayer does is to reduce your timer when you pray.

Yes and no, higher prayer = more prayers per minute = more gifts ?

It would be okay if prayer skill got some love  and some benefit assigned to it. Like more chance and timer to perks like Unstoppable state, vetter chance for extra favor regen etc. 

100 sermons and hold a Rite are bad also. Please consider.

I think it is just fine. it will take time. But what in wurm does not. The reward of +5 spellpower on every cast is almost too good a reward for grinding prayer up to 70.

Its near impossible to say how long it would take until your priest wil win the lottery of holding a rite. 90 prayer would be better imo - atleast you know you can get it.

1 hour ago, cybaru said:

I would still say Hold a rite is worst of them all

This. Too much possible angst. :( Aren't dragons bad enough?

The problem with hold a rite is that it takes the entire community to meet the requirements, and then one person to reap the reward while everyone else wanting to complete it has to wait

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Cenotaph said:

I think it is just fine. it will take time. But what in wurm does not. The reward of +5 spellpower on every cast is almost too good a reward for grinding prayer up to 70.

highly agree, 70 prayer is nothing special like some greedy people here complained already, 90 would be a pain but 70 is easy as crap, i done 70, most of my priests is 80, and i know 70prayer is like walk in a park compared to 70 meditation or even worst 70ws, and 5spell power is huge bonus so it should stay at 70, 

problem can be global spell cast, 90 prayer would be easier like someone said before, but its wurm, its mmo game, so we need some cooperation for this cast

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niki said:

100 sermons and hold a Rite are bad also. Please consider.

most guys at my sermons got 100 completed...none of my priests got it completed yet hehe, none of them complained

tip and tricks...you need only 1 listener to hv it couneted for your journal, and mostly priests are alts, so if you got a priest alt its not a big deal to do it daily isnt it?

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 2

By the way, note that 70 prayer seems relatively easy to achieve on Epic (with sleep bonus and affinity meals). If you have PoK, even better.

EDIT:

Oh, and until you've received 100 gems via prayer, the skill grind is basically free (you've got to do it anyway).

Edited by Roccandil

just do it on epic, everythings easier over there anyways. not like it requires anything other than a cave and an altar.

2 minutes ago, Arium said:

just do it on epic, everythings easier over there anyways. not like it requires anything other than a cave and an altar.

Been thinking about this. Or just sailing to Chaos and champing as BL. However Champing would require me to reset my faith to 50 and regrind it, and going to Epic would require grinding on a server I really dont want skills on. I'll get it done. That's not the issue. The issue is that this system was created to allow people to have goals for their chosen playstyle, yet it forces us to deviate from that. Basically it defeats the whole point

The biggest reason for prayer's slow skillgain is that the skill you get is only worth 1/3 your actual action timer, sort of like creating items. Except when creating items, you can take advantage of CoC enchantments, so it's worse.

I'm okay with the journal tier containing long-term goals that not every priest may complete, but if 70 prayer is really that annoying to reach...

• Like 1

70 prayer for a high level priest goal is not that hard.. go to epic and you can do it in a matter of weeks...

As long as it's something you can grind to achieve I really have no problem with it even if it would be 99 prayer.. but that 'rite' spell is just silly because that's something you can't achieve by yourself.. even if you go nuts and pray all day with alts there is the chance that somebody else "steals" your work.. I would really love to see that one changed..

Edit: Plus i get that these are not supposed to be goals that you can finish in a couple of days.. and I totally agree with that.. they are supposed to be hard so it's something that you can work towards casually every time you log in..

Edited by faty
  • Like 4

Short term Solution, if they hope epic picks up do we really want alts taking up champ slots to just never come back? Can't garuntee they will suicide. 

Yeah, I don't really see an issue with 70 prayer, but the rite thing is very, very bad as a goal.

• Like 2

in-sanity..

said otherwise.. fishing is fun, but it's not for everybody?

Did I miss the memo stating that the journal goals were to be completed in a day or two?  So what if it takes you 4 months and may or may not be inconvenient.  No one is forcing you to do anything in wurm, if you want something special you might have to make sacrifices and/or spend a lot of time to get it, this isnt new.  There is way too much whining about how the game should be just right for "me" and not enough playing the damn game.  Can we please stop crying that the game is too hard?

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, madnezz said:

Can we please stop crying that the game is too hard?

Can we please stop conflating mindless repetition with difficulty? Chess is mentally challenging; clicking the same button over and over again for months on end is not.

• Like 4

Keep this thread on track if you want for it to remain open. Discussions about topics like this are perfectly fine, that's what this board is there for, but do not use somebody's legitimate question to bully them or people who are in agreement or disagreement with them. Keep it civil, and on topic. Everyone has the right to ask questions, and everyone has the right to give their opinion, but keep it worded in an appropriate way and leave personal insults and issues out of it.

• Like 4

I really don't see the problem, yes it will take some effort to get to 70 pray. But, the reward of +5 spellpower on every cast will make that effort worth while.

Maybe the real problem is that the earlier steps are too easy. Maybe Approbation should have included 50 pray to prepare you.