Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Reach 70 Prayer - WTF?

b0fe37e533601620048477cd5194ec4f.png

Why in the nine hells is this a thing? Do the devs really expect us to sit in front of an altar and pray during my entire play session for MONTHS on end to get 70 prayer? This is an atrocious skill to level and pretty useless to boot. 

• Like 12

I can second that this is a bit absurd due to the fact that some of the highest reported prayer skills on Niarja are only in the 70's and 80's.. Most skills have someone who's hit 100 or at least is in the 90's by now.

Mostly I'm just generally not convinced of the skills usefulness, namely my 25 prayer priest seems to get more gems and such than my 50 prayer priest, etc.

Same. My priest have it as being a champ when this goal was introduced... also 56 on another already... yes it is dull to tab into that account and spam pray. It will help with the global spell casts though... 

• Like 1

Probably easier than meditation path level 9 for The Winding Road for us non-priests. They take a similar insane time commitment.

4 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

Probably easier than meditation path level 9 for The Winding Road for us non-priests. They take a similar insane time commitment.

Meditation is at least useful on higher levels. ? It's also limited to 5 attempts a day, or a few more if you're online 24/7, the time commitment lies in how long it take in real time, but it doesn't interfere with your gameplay overall. 70 prayer tethers your character to an altar unable to doe anything else besides throwing out a little cast on something...

I attended plenty of sermons where my priests, both 100 faith for a while now, have done nothing but pray all the time. They are at 35 prayer. It's ridiculously slow. But as @Jaz said, better help those global casts, we need to do those, too... ?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i got it for champing on epic lol i win

13 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Same. My priest have it as being a champ when this goal was introduced... also 56 on another already... yes it is dull to tab into that account and spam pray. It will help with the global spell casts though... 

Not everyone has the ability to do that, though. Its pretty ridiculous.

• Like 2

I'm 68 Praying, it's a skill I like. I grind it a lot, but people have different skills they like. This one could get lowered to 50 and still feel like a solid goal to obtain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sn00 said:

I'm 68 Praying, it's a skill I like. I grind it a lot, but people have different skills they like. This one could get lowered to 50 and still feel like a solid goal to obtain.

How long has it taken you to grind it to 68?

Too long I'm sure.

Edited by Pride

8 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

How long has it taken you to grind it to 68?

Around two years of grinding it casually. Doable in 4 months I would say if you're dedicated to that grind only.

My priest is at 38 prayer, and I just spam pray and forget about him again when he's at an altar or while he was at sermons for 100 faith.  Most of the time I just pray when I remember he's logged in. It's been really passive.

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

grinding to 50 med in a month or two at 8~ 2 minute timers a day then waiting out advance timers is a whole lot easier than making sure you have a gkey to constantly mash for months on end

57 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Around two years of grinding it casually. Doable in 4 months I would say if you're dedicated to that grind only.

So four months of doing absolutely nothing but pounding your altar through your entire playtime daily and doing nothing else. You have to spend 4 months not playing to game to get what? 70 prayer? And do what with it? 

Do you feel that's reasonable?

• Like 5

It is a little high, but if you dedicate one of your priests to channeling and praying only, it would be doable. I believe I'm past 50 without even trying :) 

EDIT: If I recall, this is a system to replace personal goals and let's just say, some of them were way way worse to achieve than 70 prayer.

Edited by AJBlack

Honestly?

It's a killer.  My prayer is at 40 after a lot of praying using SB and affinity pizza.  It's a grind of face altar, press F, read RL book; not really a good player experience.  Perfect for ALTs though...

This does feel like a "push people to try PvP" kind of goal as champing gives the goal.

29 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

not really a good player experience.

It's a really good prayer experience though.

I'm showing myself out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJBlack said:

It is a little high, but if you dedicate one of your priests to channeling and praying only, it would be doable. I believe I'm past 50 without even trying :) 

EDIT: If I recall, this is a system to replace personal goals and let's just say, some of them were way way worse to achieve than 70 prayer.

Okay if you have an alt you dont mind paying 4-6 months of prem so you can get an useless skill to 70, sure. But what if this is your main? Even if its just an alt, do you think 4-6 months of only praying is a good use of your prem time? 4-6 months of praying. Not praying on the side while you dig and do some casts. Not praying on the side and using your priest as a delivery person. No. Praying, nothing else. Just so you can have in the end a completely useless skill that does nothing.

There is not a single personal goal that was replaced by this system that was anywhere near as time consuming and hard than this one journal task.

You will also fatigue in a couple days of pray spamming, that gets old fast.

Benedictus gives a wonderful effect, so it deserves alot of work. Working on a useless skill for excessive amounts of time just feels bad though.

1 minute ago, williamwierd said:

Benedictus gives a wonderful effect, so it deserves alot of work. Working on a useless skill for excessive amounts of time just feels bad though.

I dont mind working on a skill. This game is all about hard work. I do mind is an useless skill tho. Its like forcing non priests to get 90 toymaking with nothing but creation.

I don't see a problem I got 3 priests with 80+ prayer without any problems, my main priest got most nature skills above 90, many above 70, some personal goals were worst, and someone said 25 prayer giving more gems than 50prayer, that's not a truth, I got much much more on 80 prayer/religion priest than on 34prayer, like 3-4 times more

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Qdlaty said:

I don't see a problem I got 3 priests with 80+ prayer without any problems, my main priest got most nature skills above 90, many above 70, some personal goals were worst, and someone said 25 prayer giving more gems than 50prayer, that's not a truth, I got much much more on 80 prayer/religion priest than on 34prayer, like 3-4 times more

Are you sure that account does not have a lot of more soul overall skill?