Sign in to follow this  
Kevai

Client Doesn't Work

I cant download the game i press the play button on the website and then i download the client to my desktop. I checked my java according to suggestions on the forums and try to launch the client.

It looks like its launching and i see a little box with a java icon showing. i see a java application on the task manager working. then both the box and the application disappears. I am using a Lenovo laptop. Could you please help me because i have been looking for a fix more than a year now and i realized i could ask here. Thank you.

"Edit" By the way i dont know if its the right place for this topic or not i apologize if i am mistaken. "Edit"

Edited by Kevai

Have a look here or look also at the other post in that topic.  Hope you get it fixed. 

Thank you. I tried it but it didn't solve the problem  i am trying it again maybe i can make it work this time.

See if you can locate a log from the crash -- look for one or both of these if possible:  console.charactername.log  and/or   hs_err_PID (with some numbers) . We need those to be sure WHAT is causing the crash.  If you find them but can't figure out how to post them, let me know and I will walk you through it. (Usually you either copy & paste from notepad to a reply here, OR use a free file uploader such as PasteBin or https://textuploader.com/ or google drive or something.

Sometimes they end up on desktop but usually they are in your WURM folder (which sometimes gets installed in odd places). Sometimes you can do a windows search for hs_err_pid or even for your wurm character's name if it is semi unique.

Very often with laptops, an issue is because they are using generic windows graphic drivers that are made to work with DirectX and not OpenGL, and are often very old as well (even if windows claims you have "the best driver already").  If you can give me the Lenovo laptop model number, I can help track down a driver, or if you know what graphics card you have, try going direct to the graphics maker support -- they generally have newer & better drivers than anything windows update or the laptop maker will suggest:

Sometimes there is a problem with laptops that have both an Intel graphics ship for "battery saving" PLUS a dedicated card for gaming (NVidia/Radeon), also sometimes called "switchable graphics". The problem then happens because the laptop is not set up to recognize JAVA programs as games, only as desktop apps, and only will use the INTEL card (often with poor drivers too) so you have to open the NVidia or Radeon control panel, and someplace under "3D Settings" tell it to use the dedicated card for Wurm's Java launcher, or even to use the dedicated card for EVERYTHING if you use a power cord and don't really care about battery usage.  If you know you have both intel + gaming card, but get lost on how to set it to use the gaming graphics, let me know which card you have (or again, the exact laptop model should point to the right info, though some laptops come with different options for graphics).

If you get stuck, just try to explain how far you got and roughly what part is confusing, and we can try to walk you through troubleshooting a little step at a time.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors