Sign in to follow this  
Alkirek

New PC and Wurm Performance

Hello Wurmians! :)

I finally decided to buy a new PC to play better and more in Wurm ( sometimes for work ) :D.
Below specifications that I intend to buy:

Processor: Intel Core i5-8400

Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB

RAM: Corsair 8 GB Vengeance LPX Black | x2 ~ 16GB

HDD disk: Toshiba P300 1 TB

SSD disc: GOODRAM 240 GB CX300

Power Supply: SilentiumPC Supremo L2 Gold 550W

+3  24' monitors full hd

What you think about this set? It will run at 60fps on the highest settings and all effects on?
Does anyone have a similar set and can I expect some probems or crashes? Or maybe something change?

o/

Looks a decent enough setup, Couldn't see any issues with this in the slightest but i ain't a fan of Toshiba hard drives, i would probably replace it with a Seagate or WD but that's just my view.

• Like 1

thanks for reply

@shakys- plans later to buy more, for now the budget version :P

@Ekcin- I think similarly, probably change to Seagate :) thanks for Your opinion

• Like 1

When I did my PC the first time I had pretty much the same specs, 16gb ram, 1060 6gb, and an i7 7700k, it could run wurm at 90 fps with all settings at max on a 1920x1080 window. 

• Like 1

You only need more than 8gb of ram if you are running lots of apps, or multiple copies of wurm. I can run many copies with 16gb with little difficulty.

Yup, looks good enough, but as mentioned before, more RAM would be something to considder :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kelody said:

You only need more than 8gb of ram if you are running lots of apps, or multiple copies of wurm. I can run many copies with 16gb with little difficulty.

Kelody, he has 16GB RAM.

1 hour ago, Alkirek said:

RAM: Corsair 8 GB Vengeance LPX Black | x2 ~ 16GB

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Kelody, he has 16GB RAM.

I know, and people are telling him to get more. 16 is plenty.

I have 

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DD4 3000

Diablotek UL Series PSUL675 675W

GeForce GTX 980

These are my settings ingame : https://pastebin.com/X3EVN8PE

I only run these settings on my main client, when I have alts on they are usually on a slightly lower settings but not like play-dough quality. I hope this helps ya.

9 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Buy more RAM. Otherwise ok.

16GB is more than enough.

You should be gucci for wurm, but any other game is going to be pretty bad.

Source: I have even older parts

Thanks Legios, this information is useful to me :).

FranktheTank, It's fine for me. Thanks :D

Might be too late but I'll agree with the others. 16GB is more than enough. I run 2 wurm accounts at once (2 screens, max settings all around except maybe distances), netflix, spotify or discord, and a truckload of chrome tabs (chrome is a notorious RAM hogger) and I rarely see more than 60% RAM usage. I have 16GB too

The only thing I'd point out, this is 100% my own experience and I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me: Gigabyte components have a very bad track record with me. Every single Gigabyte component I've ever bought failed after at most 3 years, often less than a year (meanwhile I've built a PC with old parts for my mom, some of these parts are 10+ years old and still running good. Not fast, but good). There's a reason why they're often the cheapest, if you can afford that 1060 from any other known brand, you should.

They might have improved since, but Gigabyte and Seagate are the only 2 PC component manufacturers on my blacklist and they're not getting out.

/rant

4 hours ago, gabars said:

Might be too late but I'll agree with the others. 16GB is more than enough. I run 2 wurm accounts at once (2 screens, max settings all around except maybe distances), netflix, spotify or discord, and a truckload of chrome tabs (chrome is a notorious RAM hogger) and I rarely see more than 60% RAM usage. I have 16GB too

The only thing I'd point out, this is 100% my own experience and I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me: Gigabyte components have a very bad track record with me. Every single Gigabyte component I've ever bought failed after at most 3 years, often less than a year (meanwhile I've built a PC with old parts for my mom, some of these parts are 10+ years old and still running good. Not fast, but good). There's a reason why they're often the cheapest, if you can afford that 1060 from any other known brand, you should.

They might have improved since, but Gigabyte and Seagate are the only 2 PC component manufacturers on my blacklist and they're not getting out.

/rant

I love my gigabyte board, it is about 7 years old now.