Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 21/FEB/19 Moving Independence Home

PatchNotes.png

• Extended downtime due to moving the Independence server from it’s interim hardware back to its original hardware. We expect this downtime to last approximately 1-2 hours.
  • A number of back end changes have been made to reduce lag spikes that occur every few hours. We will continue to monitor lag on every server and address ongoing spikes and general issues.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Examine info for small and large nails has been changed to metal instead of iron since nails can be other metals now.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple lines and reels to be placed into a fishing pole.
  • Bugfix: Fixed deity/kingdom bonuses from epic scenarios leaking into freedom.
  • Bugfix: Bashing Walls/Fences/Fence Plans/Mine Doors now requires you to stand still during the action, moving will now cancel the action.
  • Bugfix: Lit items should no longer be snuffed after a server restart.
  • Bugfix: Chicken coop capacity will now increase on the exact integer of quality - QL / 10 as already stated in the wiki.

9 minutes ago, Gylnne said:

February 22

Why is the server going down again?

tTDGwqa.png

On 2/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, DevBlog said:

• A number of back end changes have been made to reduce lag spikes that occur every few hours. We will continue to monitor lag on every server and address ongoing spikes and general issues.

Really not noticing any improvement there, getting them a lot more frequently than every few hours too. 

3 hours ago, LordLouis said:

Really not noticing any improvement there, getting them a lot more frequently than every few hours too. 

The changes were mostly affecting the biggest lag spikes - like the daily "backup lag" (worst on Xanadu, was like a 90 second pause), which should not be a thing anymore. We're still working on some more improvements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

The lag on Indy is horrid today. Bad enough that I logged out. 

Again? So we're back to square one...

• Like 1

We do seem to have Indy Lag, part 2. Before Indy was brought home, it was amazing, now, lots of lag again. 

• Like 1

Its terrible... :( Its fun to ride horses sideways, its like drifting, but it gets anoying in the long run... Especillay without the sound effects ??

lag-week.png

Edited by Willslaphansien

59 minutes ago, Poshy said:

You've been Xanadued.

The irony is that I sold my deed at Xanandu because of lag, and now settled at Indy thats even worse than Xan at times...

I dont feel the free SB is worth all this struggle, I want my prem time back. Were paying for a product we dont get... Its like going to the cinema, they turn the lights down, and right back up. And then you get kicked out, its the same thriling experience to play on Indy...

Bugfix: Bashing Walls/Fences/Fence Plans/Mine Doors now requires you to stand still during the action, moving will now cancel the action.

@BuddaI hope too that you can no longer build house walls whilst stood at the bottom of a token pit

13 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Bugfix: Bashing Walls/Fences/Fence Plans/Mine Doors now requires you to stand still during the action, moving will now cancel the action.

@BuddaI hope too that you can no longer build house walls whilst stood at the bottom of a token pit

too many deeds have been built with this mechanic in mind, it would require a new chaos map with more desirable features

if chaos reset +1

but +1 anyway because i suggested this many moons ago and it was never fixed

none of my deeds were built with that mechanic in mind and honestly it's broken when a single repairer can keep repairing from a bottom of a pit 2 tiles away outside a mine hop.
And since my deeds are copied by those 90% on chaos, im sure it'll be perfectly fine.

i've defended token pits without needing to resort to this method.

It's broken, it needs fixing.

So it's fine that the Raiders can't Move away from the edge of dirt wall/Target from the people below whilst bashing now to remove the walls getting added by the person safe below

but the person adding the bricks to each unfinished part, can do it from 2 tiles away. :huh:

nty

Edited by Mclavin

TC been raiding since 2016 on Chaos, trust me you're not the first or last to complain about this issue, I am aware of all the problems around Raiding & Defending and the complaints that have been made.
The post you're putting doesn't relate to my reply at all, things have been broken for years that are now just being fixed.
Token pits were around before July 6 2017, some of my deeds were already made by the end of 2016 and chaos had the designs for many years before me,

so if you were preaching change then, you must support the change now, not much as changed, people might rely on the mechanic to defend because it's broken, but the deeds are not reliant on it at all.

But if they are making changes to one part and one side of it, they should go the whole way. 

The point remains, it doesn't require a "chaos reset" and deeds can be defended without this broken ability. 

I supported your call at the time too and even added more to it.

976c5abfdcab30e3d0c46f3428a0ed1c.png

d28620ebedffc30ba34c33015f7cde96.png

5aa1a2ce398e7c215e428d475ad7e9b7.png
https://gyazo.com/5aa1a2ce398e7c215e428d475ad7e9b7

Edited by Mclavin

Sign in to follow this