Sign in to follow this  
Karidwen

Hedges and their height

For design purposes, would it be possible to have a way to "lock" a planted hedge in a certain stage?

For example, by having 2 different potions, one for the low stage and one for medium. Use the potion on a hedge while it is not at a stage higher than the potion locks it in, and it does not grow further.

I would also bring more use to alchemy skill.

Remove the potion effect by using water on the said hedge, or simply by cutting it off and planting a new one. 

Third stage does not need a potion as the hedges get there and stay :D

Or maybe it could be done by a priest spell, similar to bless?

• Like 3

+1, would like a similar idea for trees too for us that use them as decoration. The varying heights and occasional deaths and reseeding off centre is tiresome. 

• Like 1

I wish the bless spell could do such, blessing a tree at a certain stage and locking it to that age without being able to "harvest" or sprout, same for hedges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordLouis said:

+1, would like a similar idea for trees too for us that use them as decoration. The varying heights and occasional deaths and reseeding off centre is tiresome. 

I would love to see that on trees really. Didn't think of this. Smallish trees used as decorative bushes :3

Id also like to have trees that are enchanted, not die off and reseed, but stay at very old stage... and since sprouts cant be cut from them, either remove them completely, or let them stay at very old stage and be harvestable/ sprouts pickable...

It would be a nice option to be able to prune hedges and lock them at that height but it should be tied to either Gardening or Forestry skill level. Say 50.00 skill in either would give this option. Keep it away from potions (alchemy skill) and definitely Not a Priest ability as they have no relation to this.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

It would be a nice option to be able to prune hedges and lock them at that height but it should be tied to either Gardening or Forestry skill level. Say 50.00 skill in either would give this option. Keep it away from potions (alchemy skill) and definitely Not a Priest ability as they have no relation to this.

=Ayes=

+1

Rather see skills starting to matter again.

Hopefully one day alchemy breaks free from the "blessing" wogic requirement

As for the spell option, I'd rather see only fo/paa have this option as they have wild-growth and this is kind of .. related .. or could be/imo/