Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

The new way of uniques!

16 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Short version (the suggestion in one line) for those who dont want to read everything:

Dont make a random spawn be the only source of things everyone should be able to get.

But then it's not unique

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

More words does not always help the communication. ;)

I always like to use more words. For me that is the fun of expressing ideas or even obscuring them. So yeah in the latter case it may not really help in communicating an idea with clarity. Think of it as an inside joke which only you get. If you are satisfied with that then stating a lot of words in a post that may be meaningless since they contradict eachother, can be enjoyable.

Going off on tangents lead to other paths of thought as well. In the end we only tend to reinforce our own points anyway so "communication" might not be happening due to not wanting to change our own viewpoints. You see? I already went elsewhere.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
spellunking

31 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

But then it's not unique

The uniques are still unique.

6 hours ago, Nordlys said:

The uniques are still unique.

But if everyone is able to get the stuff is it truly unique anymore?

We should change their names to Typicals or Sames rather than Uniques if everyone has the stuff. 

I don't really have a pony in this race, but... What if uniques wouldn't enter mines at all?

3 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

But if everyone is able to get the stuff is it truly unique anymore?

We should change their names to Typicals or Sames rather than Uniques if everyone has the stuff. 

Ye, please read OP again. There will be no changes to the current uniques, other than the loot table (and maybe some tweaking of health and damage is needed).

Call them whatever you want, but they arent called uniques because of their loot, but because there can only be one of each on each server. They are, well, unique.

And i hope that you see the reason behind this suggestion not being that everyone should be handed out free drake sets.

3 hours ago, Schiann said:

I don't really have a pony in this race, but... What if uniques wouldn't enter mines at all?

Yes, i can see that as a valid and welcoming change. What im hoping for is really that there should be less incentive to host private slayings of these uniques.

What i am afraid of is that if the mechanics is going to change, it would simply take too much effort and time, and maybe just be swept under the rug. With my suggestion all the mechanics are already right in front of us.

I have no problem with changing the behaviour of the uniques, as long as its welcoming a public slaying of it. But i think we need to start with what we have. :) 

I personally can't see anything changing. Seeing how a lot of staff help pen and attend private slayings. If the devs change the way scale and drake drops that may be an incentive for some. It is entirely possible to form a group that hunts uniques to make them public, I imagine those interested could easily match the number that prefer private slays. Saying , they find them so quick whats the point is a defeatist attitude, Zor and I never give up hope and we still find some from time to time even though far outnumbered. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, LordLouis said:

I personally can't see anything changing. Seeing how a lot of staff help pen and attend private slayings. If the devs change the way scale and drake drops that may be an incentive for some. It is entirely possible to form a group that hunts uniques to make them public, I imagine those interested could easily match the number that prefer private slays. Saying , they find them so quick whats the point is a defeatist attitude, Zor and I never give up hope and we still find some from time to time even though far outnumbered. 

If the staff are truly in on the monopoly then it is true, there is likely zero chance of bringing the updates the majority would like to see implemented.

I would prefer a system where the Uniques behave exactly as they do today but don't move location from their spawn (within a set distance/perimeter), hunting parties can still form and slay once they find it, but can't hoard it in a cave.

2 hours ago, Vaelir said:

I would prefer a system where the Uniques behave exactly as they do today but don't move location from their spawn (within a set distance/perimeter), 

thats how like, 90% of uniques already act though, pretty much all of them are leashed to around 80 tiles, we've had ones that haven't gone further than 5 tiles away from tbeir spawn in the past.

15 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Ye, please read OP again. 

I read the part you said to read if I only wanted to read one line.  Make up your mind

11 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

I read the part you said to read if I only wanted to read one line.  Make up your mind

Youre still wrong. The unique is still unique. The loot doesnt make the unique unique - and as of now everyone has a chance of getting the same stuff - the loot they drop now will just be collected differently with my suggestion. :)

So youre actually double-wrong, since youre claming that my suggestion will change the possibility of getting the loot. Sadly, in this case, two wrong doesnt make a right.

None of these creatures are technically unique if they spawn more than once.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Poshy said:

None of these creatures are technically unique if they spawn more than once.

You should take that with the wording minister of this game. :D 

17 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Youre still wrong. The unique is still unique. The loot doesnt make the unique unique - and as of now everyone has a chance of getting the same stuff - the loot they drop now will just be collected differently with my suggestion. :)

So youre actually double-wrong, since youre claming that my suggestion will change the possibility of getting the loot. Sadly, in this case, two wrong doesnt make a right.

No bc i only read the one line of your suggestion that you said to read if i didnt want to read everything, and if you consider just that line then im right

On 2/20/2019 at 5:43 AM, Nordlys said:

Please keep this on topic.

4 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

No bc i only read the one line of your suggestion that you said to read if i didnt want to read everything, and if you consider just that line then im right

Do you feel you add anything relevant to this suggestion? I dont - move on. :)