Sign in to follow this  
Muse

[Fixed] Lit objects snuffed out after last update

My coal piles have become unlit since the last update, something must have snuffed them.

See also:

• Like 1

Following Ekcin's February 12 report here as well.

Ekcin reported on Feb 12 that lamps and buoys went out.  Was this the first time you noticed it?  

Muse posted on Feb 19 that coal piles were unlit.  Was this the first you noticed it or did you just place the piles right before the Feb 14th update?

I have blessed lamps planted on a mine tunnel highway which have not gone out.

Please indicate if your lamps and buoys were blessed or not as only blessed lamps on pavement and blessed buoys will stay lit.

Still tracking down the coal pile issue as that has nothing to do with blessing.

The piles were created on 17th Feb, this is the last pile made:

[23:14:30] You create a pile in front of you on the ground.
[23:14:35] You start to light the pile.
[23:14:46] You light the pile.

I asked in CA_Help as soon as I noticed that the piles were unlit, and suggested I make a bug report post, which I did here straight after.

Thanks for looking into these things :) 

• Like 1

I have blessed and unblessed lighting in tunnels of me and alliance/alt deeds and off deed.

All blessed lamps and buoys off deed are working fine over server restarts, so do the non blessed and non planted lamps just dropped lit on water tiles (those ones requiring continuous refill to stay lit ofc). 

The problems as described all occur on deed in tunnels, so far observed mainly in canals, but a few occurences on dry cave ground as well. Mainly buoys are affected, blessed and planted ones (I have no unblessed buoys in use).

It seemed to me that less lit objects were affected after last restart. And yes, Feb 12 was the very first time I noticed. Yet, I crafted, got blessed, and planted the first buoys not long before. So I cannot say whether it was the first occurrence on the server.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum

I diagnosed the effects on lamps and buoys in the canal tunnels after last restarts. In effect, all buoys on deeded ground were unlit, those on non deeded ground, no matter whether in the tunnel canal, or the lake, remained unaffected.

In the tunnel, there were also lamps just dropped into the water when lit (as planting on water tiles, no matter how tiny or shallow the water part is, is not possible). Of those, only a few lamps were affected, which were close, no more than 2 or 3 tiles away, from a buoy which went unlit. Other lamps, no matter whether planted or not, on water tiles or not, remained unaffected.

Thanks very much for your details, Ekcin!

48 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I diagnosed the effects on lamps and buoys in the canal tunnels after last restarts. In effect, all buoys on deeded ground were unlit, those on non deeded ground, no matter whether in the tunnel canal, or the lake, remained unaffected.

In the tunnel, there were also lamps just dropped into the water when lit (as planting on water tiles, no matter how tiny or shallow the water part is, is not possible). Of those, only a few lamps were affected, which were close, no more than 2 or 3 tiles away, from a buoy which went unlit. Other lamps, no matter whether planted or not, on water tiles or not, remained unaffected.

The same is happening with candelabras. I have a bunch of them planted on deed and lately find them snuffed after every server restart.

I made two piles yesterday (20th)

[22:25:23] You create a pile in front of you on the ground.
[22:25:29] You start to light the pile.
[22:25:40] You light the pile.

Today (21st) I have just found them unlit.

[18:55:16] A large kiln-like structure made from logs covered in dirt. The purpose is to turn the logs into tar and charcoal. It is made from oakenwood. Ql: 31.119362, Dam: 16.567598. The fire is not lit.

Downtime happened earlier today.

This MAY have been addressed with today's server restart.  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168600-patch-notes-21feb19-moving-independence-home/ (so we have to check after next server restart)

Can you all relight anything that went out after today's restart and recheck them after the next restart?  Hopefully they will stay lit.

According to https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168591-wsa-extended-downtime-21feb19/ that restart should be on February 28th.

Thank you!

I have re-lit my piles just now because otherwise they will just decay:

[19:01:46] You light the pile.

They will probably only last a day or two, so if I can, I shall try to make a couple of piles on 27th.

I believe the server went down for a hotfix, so they should be lit when it's brought up.

::hoping:::

After the hotfix, and both piles are still lit.

[19:57:08] A large kiln-like structure made from logs covered in dirt. The purpose is to turn the logs into tar and charcoal. It is made from oakenwood. Ql: 28.65232, Dam: 18.119766. The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

[19:57:15] A large kiln-like structure made from logs covered in dirt. The purpose is to turn the logs into tar and charcoal. It is made from oakenwood. Ql: 31.119362, Dam: 16.567598. The fire burns steadily and will still burn for a long time.

Thank you! :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  Yaga also confirmed his are still lit.

Closing the issue.