Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Fair game play hits a new low

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read this post and share their thoughts, feelings and opinions. There were some great ideas given on how the uniques spawning can be improve and most of us will agree this aspect of the game needs to be looked at and improved and hopefully the developers see this too and can come up with something to make their spawning completely fair for any one who wants to take part in this aspect of the game. This is not something everyone cares about but for those of us who do it does need to be improved and made better. This should never have to be a post anyone feels the need to put up.

I made this post because I felt the need to say, this went too far and should never have happened. I do understand that we should have spent more money and made a bigger deed, and that was our bad for thinking the basic deed would be enough to keep what we considered our catch of the day safe. We can debate uniques and the fact they do not belong to any one even if they are caught and penned and there will be lots of players on both sides of that debate. This is not what my post is about. My post was made to call attention to something that needs to be addressed and fixed. Whether it is changing the game mechanics that allowed this to happen or change how the uniques spawn, but something needs to be done about it. I see a lot more of this kind of thing happening in the future if it is not and that is just wrong for every single reason there is.

The "elite hunt group" debate, in my opinion is, everyone has the right to create a group of friends to organize hunts, kills whatever it is they are creating that group for, and you also have the right to have some guidelines for that group and who you would like to share it with or invite to join it is one of them, that does not make it "elite" it just makes it a group of friends playing together with a common interest and working together as a team to achieve the same goals. Everyone has the right to do so.

I would hate to see uniques removed from the game completely, I do not think that is the correct solution to the problems surrounding them. I believe there are lots of things that can be changed or made different or better about them, some of the players responding to my post have given great suggestions.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lordbeerus said:

Most of you freedomers have not seen your deeds flattened down to the ground and disbanded. So over the years you form a very false sense of entitlement and ownership. Events like this are a blessing that redirects freedom away from its mental detour and back to reality.

I find it also very funny that this other Freedom market hugger came to this topic and is debating the ownership of a dragon hatched from an egg. 

I dont know who did this, but Im with you. Nice job.

Na it's just toxic players ruining the game and i'm not even freedom. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

You said it yourself, it all comes down to intent. Like this thread which is intended to throw dirt at people who did something you don't like.

No. The intent of this thread was for Velvetsun to describe this situation and express disapproval for what happened. Accomplished within the OP. If afterwards any mud that was slung about by whomever *stuck*, then the surface it adhered to was appropriate for the *sticking*.

The fact that Obie tracked down this creature, saw it was contained within a deed and then gathered his compatriots together to attempt to free it for their gathered slaughtering points to the fact of the "intent" here that they had for doing such. Simply put it was to take advantage of a flaw in the deed design that had put their claim upon this creature within it. A common practice easily understood by all these unique killers, that being to contain it within a mine deed. Usually things carry on from there with the group who placed the deed killing it as they decide.

The big difference in this situation is that after this deed group had already contained this creature Obie and compatriots sought a way to take it from them. Here is the doh-ifference for those who wish to gloss over it. I seem to recall some few years back before some of the justifiers of this situation were in existence here that there were some peculiarities in deed settings that allowed other players to take advantage of them to abscond (steal) some items from the deed. It could be done so what's the problem that they then complained about with such outrage? Same as this situation it seems to me. To take something from others that they had already laid claim to by game design.

Common decency it seems can not be taught within the game. You either come to the game with it or not. Greed is not learned within this game either. It is within the character of the person who enters it. There are degrees of this trait of treating others fairly and I sort of doubt that after playing the game for any amount of time there will be much improvement within the character of those who lack it. As you can see here they will only attempt to justify their actions with statements hard to connect to reality or a feigned lack of concern. We are all far from perfect but some are a lot farther than others, it seems to me.

Online games loosen the restraints of real world actions and from that I think you can more clearly see the character of others. Although we are all fellow Wurmanites here, those you associate with and support reveals a lot about yourself as well. Maybe showing more respect for others playstyles might help us all.

=Ayes=

• Like 16

I heartily agree with Ayes post above.  As for the issue of uniques' mechanics I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I don't like the idea of a rampaging dragon potentially destroying someone's deed.  So I very selfishly like the idea that people pen them quickly, which prevents that from happening to anyone.

On the other hand, I don't like the idea of 'leet' groups having very real monopolies on something that has the potential for such high RL Cash value.  Yes, yes, they say "well anyone can go do that themselves, get out there and look for them."  Yet here we see the results of someone trying to do just that but maybe not being quite so proficient at it as some others. 

I wasn't there, and I can't say I know any of the parties involved, but what I see from where I'm sitting is...."anyone can go out and do it themselves, get out there and look, do all the work, and then we'll take it away from you."

Pvp has no place on pve servers, imo.  Uniques are flawed by game design and I really do think it needs to change.  I don't have any bright ideas myself but I've seen a few suggestions that I think would work.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 6

by "leet" group with the monopoly are you referring to my leet group or the leet group that the OP and whoever did the bad deed belong to, post doesn't specify. Of the last 5 uniques that spawned they found 3 of them, i'd say it's about even give or take some lucky spawns and not a monopoly

26 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

by "leet" group with the monopoly are you referring to my leet group or the leet group that the OP and whoever did the bad deed belong to, post doesn't specify. Of the last 5 uniques that spawned they found 3 of them, i'd say it's about even give or take some lucky spawns and not a monopoly

Actually I wasn't referring to any particular group, just the 'leet' groups in general.  My point was that yes, anyone is free to try, but then pvp ensues and it will be taken away from them by  more experienced 'leet' groups. These groups in general, you must admit, do in fact dominate the uniques' and therefore the RL Cash Market.

edit: Like I said, I don't know any of you and wasn't there to see the situation.  I'm commenting on what I see from where I sit and making the point that pvp has no place on pve.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

there's enough misinformation here for some analogy i'm too lazy to think of.

there's no new information its just going around in circles with everyone pointing fingers and liking posts that agree to their viewpoint, nobody's gonna suddenly think "oh maybe you're right and i was wrong" continuing such an argument is meaningless, information's there for everyone to make their own informed opinion if they didn't already make it before the thread was even started. go do something productive with your precious life

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

go do something productive with your precious life

Wow, did I hit a nerve or something?  Sorry if so, it surely wasn't intended.  Any misinformation, while entirely possible, is completely irrelevant to my point of view on the subject of uniques' mechanics and the fact that those mechanics enable monopolies and pvp on pve servers.  It's purely incidental that this particular incident involved you and yours, but only serves to point out the flaws in the mechanics.

• Like 1

It is not hard to bend the rules.... I have already some ideas how the rules can be bent within the range of the rules and with that to be able to ###### up PVE servers... and a lot of people would be frustrated afterwards. Now you are talking about was it fair to pen unique or not... I am talking about code of honour and fair game mechanics... just because you have not predicted something and have not prepared to deal with something does not mean it should be allowed... 

You just sit here now and think about one thing but if this barrier is removed (code of honour) then whats next? Most of the people who play on PVE servers play for the sake of the game not to ###### over other players... if we would want to do that we would go to Chaos...

Chaos if full with uniques as far as I know? why does Oblivionreaver doesn't go there? afraid to go in PVP area and lose its expensive gear? afraid to face PVP combat possibility? I bet Chaos player community would welcome your visit with open arms and sharp blades...

For those who read this thread and think "why should I care" or "I haven't been to any hunts, closed hunting groups are a cancer"... if you wont get involved you wont get anything... for all the wurmians who think that they have no chance I want to say... Join your servers hunting group, if your server dont have hunting group, form your own group... I can share a good framework how to make a honest hunting group if you want to form one. Dont let some random scavengers walk around your server and steal your possibilities.

Those who are saying that Oblivion is the high messiah just because he is making public hunts.... ask yourself... what exactly have you gotten from those hunts? there is plenty of people who have gotten ###### over by him... last if I remember correctly was the fantastic bone... group effort in killing but benefits went just for one. Again.. Join your servers hunting groups if you want to be a part... if your server does not have a hunting group, make your own!!! if you need assistance how to make one, give me a shout, I will help you set up a hunting group with all the tips and tricks. If you are from Deli server and dont really want join the existing hunting group I will also help you to set up a hunting group with one agreement... code of honour agreement...

• Like 3

already play on epic, had people offer me accounts to play with them on chaos but chaos really doesn't interest me in the slightest. you're making a lot of assumptions there, majority of my friends play on chaos... mauls > swords anyway

feel free to give me an explanation as to why the fantastic bone wasn't mine. bet you can't. 

12 minutes ago, Westhamer said:

Chaos if full with uniques as far as I know?

There is currenly zero living uniques on Chaos. Chaos kingdoms will hunt them down and claim them, first come , first served.

This is also usually a group of friends going at it but with the added fear of running into people that will attempt to kill you.

PS : You don't keep the drake or scale from Chaos hunts, you give it willingly to the kingdom so that it will continue to prosper by selling it or making armour out of it.

Edited by Sn00

Oblivion, as far as I know You had an agreement with a group that you will hunt with them within their groups rules... and as soon as you got the bone you decided to change the ruler of your agreement... am I wrong on this one?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Westhamer said:

You had an agreement with a group that you will hunt with them within their groups rules...

719081d76361fed66c09f583047fd6b0.png

I see "the host of the slaying will be in charge of managing the roles". 0 mention of bones, be they rare supreme or fantastic. Had i been told of the unlisted rule before the slaying i would have left the group on my own accord.

Much like this current discussion, everyone thinks they're an expert on the subject with 0 knowledge of what happened outside of what the offending parties have told them.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

Point four explains that the loot is rolled by the deed owner.... it does not say that the deed owner can keep the loot. this is one more example of the rule bending from you. You are like international corporation with an army of lawyers that find a one slightly in-perfect  wording and steamrolls the common folk with that slight imperfection of the law.

• Like 1

Well that's just like, your opinion. I asked after and quite a few people said that other penners have taken home their strange bones and no name and shame for them, still in the group etc, so take that as you will.

Not that you care you just want to act like you're superior, pointless argument as i said before, nobody's going to change their mind no matter how compelling your evidence is. I'll enjoy stealing more of your uniques that belong to whoever lives on the server in the future because i'm nothing but a moral-less thief that delights myself on grieifing hard working players just tryin to make ants mead. see you space cowboy...

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

there's no new information.....

Cat's out of the bag now. Slipped on its own butter instead of escaping. Actually early on in this thread you incriminated yourself by providing details of what you did instead of just remaining silent and letting others assume wrongly or creating their own imagined circumstances. A common mistake of those who speak with law enforcement instead of just sealing their lips in a smirk. Best just go now and lick off those buttered paws before you leave more footprints of your deeds elsewhere.

*chuckles*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

change uniques into giant unattackable birds then idk about anyone else but im happy so its a reasonable solution to prevent further drama

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ayes said:

providing details of what you did

what would these details be, so everyone can know exactly what to blame me for

nobody's gotten what happened right so i'd be impressed if you figured it out

Oblivion, I really dont care about you... I can promise you that... people like you is on the bottom on my care list. I also don't try to be superior... I'm just saying that people does not have to be reliant on some "superstars" to get their dragons and loot from them... they can do it themselves.

Our Deli group works on these rules:

1) All who can go and search when the unique spawns.

2) All the loot that drops (exception is hide, scale and blood for obvious reasons) are auctioned between members, if not sold than in public market.

3) all profits are split between searchers and penners.

all of the community is profiting who participates.

One thing I dont understand is how you keep your group together when they get just scraps...

Who told you they get scraps lol, couldn't be further from the truth. Not that that's a rare occurrence in this thread.

I'm not even the one finding the most uniques in the group lmfao

8 hours ago, Sn00 said:

No dragons can bash trough reinforced walls.

well, dragons can, players can't. That means, a 5x5 deed is surrounded by a 21x21 area where nobody than the dragon can pierce the walls, except the deed owners by resizing.

People talk Oblivion ;) you think that you have your bunch under your thumb but people like to talk and complain :) If they want to say it here they can be free to do so and as I said they have spot in our group (if they qualify by our rules) if they want.... 

In fact group members there give in all the scraps and also pay a weekly fee to stay in the group.

• Like 1

I'd link how much everyone the other day got but you'd be super upset

it was like 0.03kg scale and they had to go halves with my brother