Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Fair game play hits a new low

18 minutes ago, pherik said:

You would think rules of unique engagement would be created to keep these posts from popping up or say screw it and just do what they do in kindergarden. If you can't play nice with it you can't have it.

If there's no permissions or whatever blocking you you're free to do whatever you want with it.

"First off, their claims that the dragon is "the property of" anyone is bull$#!%  You were well within game given mechanics to take, play with, or kill the dragon as you see fit."

Old enki quote, applies here too i guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kochinac said:

@OblivionnreaverThere is nothing to complicate here, no need for personal biases. Question is simple. Can we come to agreement between our group with you or any other hunting group that want to hunt on Deli that we will respect some boundaries in this competition?

Agreement:

If you properly secure it, it won't be taken

If you fail to properly secure it, you won't post ###### threads

Please sign:

X. ___________________________________

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

pardon?

You heard me... PvP'er hiding behind PvE mechanics, messes with others and can't be messed with in return, is the lowest form of gamer.  A noob.  A simple, stinkin', goddamned noob.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mordraug said:

You heard me... PvP'er hiding behind PvE mechanics, messes with others and can't be messed with in return, is the lowest form of gamer.  A noob.  A simple, stinkin', goddamned noob.

Damn you are worse with making a post which moves the topic to pvp vs pve then wu and tc are with kvk posts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wulfgarr said:

Damn you are worse with making a post which moves the topic to pvp vs pve then wu and tc are with kvk posts.

Guess I should clarify... Someone who has never set foot on Chaos or Epic can earn that title just as well.

If I go and dig a trench around someone's deed to block access, that's a "PvP" action, Player vs Player.

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

which pvp'er is hiding behind pve mechanics and which mechanic are they hiding behind

Dig into someone's perimeter to extract their penned unique:  Action against other players.  "PvP action" (even if it's a 100% Freedomer)

Hiding behind PvE mechanics:  Not like someone could walk up to him with a friend or three and gank him for his insolence (edit: or even gank him to stop his digging in the first place).

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Guess I should clarify... Someone who has never set foot on Chaos or Epic can earn that title just as well.

If I go and dig a trench around someone's deed to block access, that's a "PvP" action, Player vs Player.

And you will get banned as that is griefing and against the rules. But thank you for clarification. I am not a friend of OR or well tbh i am not sure if i have ever met him ingame, know the name, but i think this server hunting groups being mad if someone takes the unique, even in a ###### way this happened should be left up to GM-s and not shame and blame. And no i am not talking about Deli group but in general, as i have no beef with anyone from there. Just so everyone knows. As said before, IMO - Was it a ###### move? Yes. Is it illegal and he should be punished by GM-s - No, to my knowledge what he did was nothing wrong in game mechanics. Maybe the solution would be changing the mechanics instead of being mad at different people who are just doing stuff that shafts you. 

Change the unique system, this community can't be fixed by player interaction. I personally think it's dying and the game is dying because of lack of caring about it.

• Like 6

you can't own uniques sorry

if they ganked me with a friend or 3 i kinda had a group of around 40 accounts with me, with a bunch of pvp'ers and majority of people having strong accounts, we'd absolutely slaughter any "friend or three" get outta here with that trash, they can ask to duel us if they want lmfao

to think all of this is because someone doesn't know how to resize a deed

16 hours ago, LumpyGravy said:

...BTW OR is a female...

Biggest revelation out of this thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

And you will get banned as that is griefing and against the rules. But thank you for clarification. I am not a friend of OR or well tbh i am not sure if i have ever met him ingame, know the name, but i think this server hunting groups being mad if someone takes the unique, even in a ###### way this happened should be left up to GM-s and not shame and blame. And no i am not talking about Deli group but in general, as i have no beef with anyone from there. Just so everyone knows. As said before, IMO - Was it a ###### move? Yes. Is it illegal and he should be punished by GM-s - No, to my knowledge what he did was nothing wrong in game mechanics. Maybe the solution would be changing the mechanics instead of being mad at different people who are just doing stuff that shafts you. 

Thing is, from experience both personal and friends', it's "legal", sure.  But if the affected party retaliates THEN it's "griefing" because there was "intent".  Hopefully that modus operandi from staff has been ammended since.

Probably why we have a healthy, pretty much drama-free community on Sklotopolis.  We keep the slayings public (by server law), and those "I wanted to rob him, he wanted to piss me off when he retaliated so I acted legally, HE'S griefing!!" bullcrap loopholes don't fly.

Anyhoo, I've said my piece.  Cheerio and pip pip.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Dig into someone's perimeter to extract their penned unique:  Action against other players.  "PvP action" (even if it's a 100% Freedomer)

Hiding behind PvE mechanics:  Not like someone could walk up to him with a friend or three and gank him for his insolence (edit: or even gank him to stop his digging in the first place).

Actions against another player and doing something for your own enjoyment that negatively affects someone else are not the same thing.

Penning a unique in a cave to save it for your own small group for later use (and thus, blocking everyone else from getting to it) is just as much griefing as it is taking that unique. It's not done with the intention to harm XYZ person or group, that is merely a side effect. That's not me saying that penning uniques privately is griefing, that's me saying that if one is to be considered griefing, so is the other.

Someone making a highway right by my deed is inconsiderate, sure, but it's not griefing or "pvp action" - it serves a purpose to that person and their enjoyment. Digging a trench around someone's deed to block their access does not serve a purpose to the person digging and is done purely to irritate someone.

You said it yourself, it all comes down to intent. Like this thread which is intended to throw dirt at people who did something you don't like.

• Like 2

Make uniques normally spawn only in chaos and increase their spawn rate there to increase pvp participation, for pve add uniques to rifts with a chance to spawn at last wave, remove the player hit limit on them, make the loot move to inventory of a randomly chosen participated player and make them impossible to lock down to solve all drama, farming and hate. 

• Like 2

That's nice, Obby, but having a clever cat doesn't make you any less of a NOOB.

13 hours ago, Votip said:

M8XmO7l.png

uniques are the problem

delete uniques? (?)

how to become your friend? :))))

You forgot your seal of approval

5 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

That's nice, Obby, but having a clever cat doesn't make you any less of a NOOB.

"Noob" -

Definition :  A person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity.

My interpretation of you calling him a "Noob" on a Unique slaying thread after him having found a million uniques is that you are a rather angry individual who instead of admitting to the fact that you yourself are the "Noob" , according to the definition, because of the fact that you cannot find the uniques and resort to insulting set person on the forums.

Edited by Gladiator

Newb:  inexperienced, new player.

Noob:  experienced player acting like he didn't know better.

And I don't play on WO anymore so it's really unlikely for me to find one there.

BTW, you should know the difference between "newb" and "noob" by now, Gladys..... unless.... 

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

"Noob" -

Definition :  A person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity.

My interpretation of you calling him a "Noob" on a Unique slaying thread after him having found a million uniques is that you are a rather angry individual who instead of admitting to the fact that you yourself are the "Noob" , according to the definition, because of the fact that you cannot find the uniques and resort to insulting set person on the forums.

allow me to translate this ancient roman text:

"lol ur bad kid"

Just comes down to one simple phrase really:

Wurm was never meant to be a strictly PvE only game.

What I mean is, the earliest iterations of Wurm Online still allowed combat on what was essentially "freedomesque" Jenn-Kellon Home. The game was always intended that if issues like this persisted, you could handle those situations yourself or with your crew even on the peaceful servers.

But, since we insist on a server where no one can hwurt ur wettle fweeings you will run into situations like this with no possible reconciliation as no game rules were broken. Well with the game original intents, the reconciliations came at the end of a sword.

In the true spirit of wurm, if a bunch of you wanted OblivionReaver to pay for his actions, you could round up a posse and take care of it.

But guess what, you can't, so you make threads and whine, and provide me with popcorn content.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

Most of you freedomers have not seen your deeds flattened down to the ground and disbanded. So over the years you form a very false sense of entitlement and ownership. Events like this are a blessing that redirects freedom away from its mental detour and back to reality.

I find it also very funny that this other Freedom market hugger came to this topic and is debating the ownership of a dragon hatched from an egg. 

I dont know who did this, but Im with you. Nice job.

Edited by Lordbeerus
  • Like 4