Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Fair game play hits a new low

Before I started playing wurm, I was playing minecraft. Simply put, the reason I left and began playing wurm...... To get away from all the entitled little a$$holes who somehow have a large expendable income (allowance from mommy and daddy). 

It was my hope that this could be a place where acting that way would not be tolerated, And we could all be adults here. 

2 hours ago, Mordraug said:

A PvP'er who needs to hide behind PvE mechanics?  Please.  That's the lowest class in the gaming world.

pardon?

My 2 cents. Even tho there is hunting groups on every server, that means nothing. Just because its you "main" server does not mean you are entitled to an unique. If you find one AND manage to secure it (if it can be taken from you, you didnt secure it) it is not griefing IMO. Is it a ###### move? Yeah, sure. Is it illegal or a new low? Nope. Learn from it, stop doing these public shame topics everytime someone does something you dont like and next time pen in a secure place/bigger deed etc etc and keep on wurming. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

Edited by DelightfulDee
because words can hurt

12 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Edited by DelightfulDee
because words can hurt

5 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

Yes they do, no one has been able to locate the Xanadu ones and not a lot of people play on Epic.

Ok, i tried so hard to refrain myself from commenting on this, but here it goes.

First of all, a lot of people throws huge amount of hate towards Deli hunting group without much thinking or knowing much details but with their general motion of mob mentality or how they generaly see how this game should be played.

So, i know it's most likely hopeless but allow me to show things from our perspective and allow me to tell the rest of you Wurmians who we really are. We are bunch of players that reside on Deliverence, that work 8 hours a day on average, that have famillies, and that logs into Wurm for couple hours a day and some extended time over the weekend, just like the most of you. We are good natured folks,well most of us, who make naive mistakes of leaving minimal size deeds, taking no rush with penning as we allow inexpirienced members of hour group to learn the proceses of hunting and participate. Rules of our group can be summed up in several sentences: 

Everyone that is permanent residence of Deli for period of 6 months i think(doesn't even have to be his main deed on Deli, just needs to be active here) and fulfills basic fighting requirements like 70 fs and 50 in 2 hander i belive can joins us, and i don't know why more people from Deli doesn't join us, probably from ignorance thinking we are some sort of elitist.

Reason why we postpone killings are not because we cant get enough players to kill it on but we cause we take voting on killing time so most of our members can participate in slaying wheater they searched or not.

Reason why we don't host public slayings anymore(we did some from time to time) is only that some of our members have very weak machines that can't handle lag of public slaying(me inclluded i often struggle with on character on public slaying, have to put settings to bare minimum or steal macbook from work for it) and we think it's not fair towards them since they put effort to search.

We don't allow alts on slayings so every member gets same amount of scale regardless of how many alts he has. 

We have well defined rules of loot distribution, and every searcher and penner leave from slaying with it's share everytime, deed upkeep and shaker orb are refunded by joined effort.

All this doesn't mean that we think we are entitled to uniques on our server like people accuse us, that we think that we own uniques, etc. We had clashes with other groups over uniques, there was everything there, really don't wanna go back. We don't like having competition on Deli i admit, but general concensus of group is that we must accept it and that we can not do anything about it excpect be better. Recently Oblivion managed to capture quite a lot of uniques on Deli with his new private group which include some of our former members and everytime that happened we decided against trying to get it out from his deeds because we thought thats where we draw the line and because we wanted to avoid possible troubbles with GMs.

No we can go try to do that every next time when he pens it, like he did now, but do we really want such behaviour on PVE? And how far things will escalate that way untill someone does somethign that will get him banned?

Oblivionreaver i understand that you are under some kind of impresion that we are some needy, selfish group of players, that you heard only side of story from your friends and that you are fed with bad fellings to our group from that, but for most part you are wrong. All this starting with incident with LL and Zoranah cameout from missunderstandings on both sides, from heat of the moment, from us being took on surprise and not from greed or ill intention(short story we found it first,they came up in middle of our penning process, they did not know that understandibly so they think they found it first and took it away, we failed to communicate it, most that blame for miscomunicatio is on me as i felt betrayed that my friend would go hunting against me knowing i will be involved, all hell broke loose after that yada yada). Since we are recently hunting on common ground we can atleast try to set some basic rules since GMs won't do it instead of holding onto past.

This is our version of story dear Wurmians, you may agree or disagree with me, you might have different view how this should be done or what is allowed or not, i don't intend to get into pointless arguing that's too much drama for me currently. I hope developers with our help with come up with new better system that will leave much less space for gray area and bending freedom rules with much better chance for everyone including casual players. My 2 cents for developers to consider while overhauling system, really not gonna argue with anyone here and explain myself anymore, if you get me you get me, if you don't and start nitpicking on this what can i do, i tried to be objective as i could.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, VelvetSun said:

To have the outer edge of our perimeter mined out to promote the release of the unique penned in it is crossing the line.

Make your deed bigger than a 10x10?

I'm sorry it happened, and I completely understand your frustration.  But greed drives people to do unethical things, even if they are legal.

2 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

the deed was bigger you *3%$#7&$^&*&*^$#!!!!  for a want of better words to call you and not be band

only 4 tiles underground were covered, 3 of which were already tunnels, it was an extremely small deed with bad token placement. my point of larger deeds required still stands. deed's not disbanded yet if you want to go check lol, E20 ingame along the mountain if anyone else not in the group wants to check. the dragon only tunneled ONCE to get off the deed, you can't say that the deed was adequate size. Why would you lie about something so easy to check lol

5 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

Including so called team mates who you stole a fantastic bone from

if you actually believe that the bone wasn't mine and someone else deserved it i have beachfront property in arizona for sale.

8 minutes ago, kochinac said:

All this starting with incident with LL and Zoranah 

i have no idea why you're bringing that up because i wasn't there and i literally stopped caring about it about 5 minutes after ll told me what happened lol

all in all, nobody cares, thread is as pointless as the last name and shame. come to woy woy maccas car park and punch-on

• Like 3

@OblivionnreaverThere is nothing to complicate here, no need for personal biases. Question is simple. Can we come to agreement between our group with you or any other hunting group that want to hunt on Deli that we will respect some boundaries in this competition? Whether that is that someone found it or deeded it first. And whoever found or deeded unique first (pick one) has right do to with that unique whatever without fear that someone will try to mine it out or steal on another way? And finally put end on this, or you gonna play almighty showing that you really don't care for any other players but yourself. Does that sound so unreasonable?

Or we can continue without rules, and respect, forcing each others to use bigger deeds, secure them better, camping eachother, fearing that other side will mine it out and lure somehow, I don't see need for that. Plain and simple.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Edited by DelightfulDee
because words can hurt

Whats wrong with being aussie and female? is white the next question?

• Like 3

was mostly just a joke at the irrelevance and inappropriate nature of it all ?

Edited by SmeJack

Folks, please try to keep to the facts of the matter.  You're welcome to debate, but whatever your personal opinion of someone, let's lay off the personal insults - this isn't the place.

Thanks.

• Like 1

All i can say in this matter is : Thank you Oblivion for showing entitled people like DelightfulDee that sometimes in life, expecially if you half ass things (like their pen), things do not go your way. Keep angering these people i like my morning coffees bitter with drama

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Edited by DelightfulDee
words can hurt

2 minutes ago, DelightfulDee said:

The adjective entitled means you have a legal right to something. If you are entitled to your mother's house when she passes away, that means it's written in her will that she gave it to you. Entitled is often used in a more casual way, to mean "allowed."

still makes no sence to me

entitled

Dictionary result for entitled

/ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    believing
    believing
    believing
    believing
    believing
  • Like 7

Was this something that could have been avoided with reinforcing the cave walls?

1 minute ago, Corwen said:

Was this something that could have been avoided with reinforcing the cave walls?

No dragons can bash trough reinforced walls.

• Like 1

Oh look, more Uniques drama .. didnt see that coming .... greedy idiots the lot of you.

• Like 2

You would think rules of unique engagement would be created to keep these posts from popping up or say screw it and just do what they do in kindergarden. If you can't play nice with it you can't have it.

• Like 1