Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

Fair game play hits a new low

31 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

Curious if you feel the same way about dragons/drakes that were hatched from an egg?  Does the player who received and hatched the egg, own the unique? If it's penned properly.

Ownership on a properly penned unique isn't ownership per se but more of an ability to prevent others from getting to it. Since you cannot pick it up or brand it or tame it, the second it goes off-deed any deed settings are gone, there's never really any "owner". Maybe control over is better wording than ownership, a branded unicorn has an owner, even when it leaves the deed. A unique can be in control of someone, until it leaves whatever methods used to control it.

An interesting thought, though, perhaps egg-hatched creatures should be docile to their handler.

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

That is in the past and was changed for a reason.

Not sure what you're refering to. Eggs were part of the reward system for being a Winner.  I know a couple of people who have or had Huge Eggs. Is not in the past, is right now.

1 minute ago, Gumbo said:

Not sure what you're refering to. Eggs were part of the reward system for being a Winner.  I know a couple of people who have or had Huge Eggs. Is not in the past, is right now.

Yes, however that system is now extinct. What I mean, however, there's a reason why you can't really hold down an unique for an extended period of time. Sure there are ways, but its not intended. Even if you make it out of an egg, the unique retains the same mechanics.

"IT'S A SANDBOX!!" ... Yeah, you can fk with people on the PvE server where they can't hit back... "sandbox".

There should be a new rule where players found to be acting against other players on PvE become fair game for ganking regardless of server.

"It's a sandbox!!" indeed.

• Like 4

Just now, Mordraug said:

"IT'S A SANDBOX!!" ... Yeah, you can fk with people on the PvE server where they can't hit back... "sandbox".

There should be a new rule where players found to be acting against other players on PvE become fair game for ganking regardless of server.

"It's a sandbox!!" indeed.

Yes, then the 70 FS huge axe weilding, plate clad freedomers would get slaughtered when the person defends themselves. Then we will see the tears flow for real.

To be fair though its not "a new low" its not a new concept nor a new thing to have happened, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this wasn't anything more than a temporary deed so is it really griefing the deed if there is no intention of sticking around? The dragon was given the ability to free itself deliberately which should tell us that if you cant secure it then you cant have it.

18 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If I had penned the thing and held it indefinetely (I easily could have) a GM would had shown up eventually and rectified the situation. So no, you don't own it.

nope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelklaine said:

Yes, then the 70 FS huge axe weilding, plate clad freedomers would get slaughtered when the person defends themselves. Then we will see the tears flow for real.

I will take my chances.. lets give it a shot

Just now, Ruiner said:

I will take my chances.. lets give it a shot

But the question is, would everyone else?

Perhaps the way unique loot is handled should be randomly handed out to anyone logged into the server whether they hunt it or not or are slaying, land a hit, or are in local. This would take the money thing away, i know bad idea but, last couple public slaying i attended had so many dang alts there to get there 0.02kg of hide and blood potion, you couldn't land a hit if you wanted. After that i know why the slayings tend to be invite only. The best solution i think would be to make a new server with Valrei Pantheon based themes and quests and dungeon crawls where you might get loot of rare mobs like from rifts, etc. Would be more fun than the missions and may eliminate some of this fighting over unique's and penning them.

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If I had penned the thing and held it indefinetely (I easily could have) a GM would had shown up eventually and rectified the situation.

Nope.

We'd more than likely petition the devs to change the mechanics before interfering in that kind of an issue.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

Perhaps the way unique loot is handled should be randomly handed out to anyone logged into the server whether they hunt it or not or are slaying, land a hit, or are in local. This would take the money thing away, i know bad idea but, last couple public slaying i attended had so many dang alts there to get there 0.02kg of hide and blood potion, you couldn't land a hit if you wanted. After that i know why the slayings tend to be invite only. The best solution i think would be to make a new server with Valrei Pantheon based themes and quests and dungeon crawls where you might get loot of rare mobs like from rifts, etc. Would be more fun than the missions and may eliminate some of this fighting over unique's and penning them.

Rewarding people who don't even make an effort to be present is ridiculous to me. Those present should be rewarded. Those who help kill it should get a chance of a drop. Hell, I'd make it that if you don't help kill it, you get nothing, thus stopping alt hoarding. 

Just look at how other games do it.

• Like 4

I agree there Angelkaine, changing it to landing  blow only gets loot might stop the myriad of alts. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

I agree there Angelkaine, changing it to landing  blow only gets loot might stop the myriad of alts. 

Yup, alt using in pvp and in unique slayings should be looked into. That just causes drama that none of us needs.

• Like 3

deli steals unique from someone before its deeded: cool and good

deli has unique stolen from their 5x5 deed with abandoned tunnels entering it: hey wait a minute buster

if litw wasnt broken i would have found it within an hour if it spawning as i went over that area pretty early, but you'd probs make a thread about that too

2 hours ago, VelvetSun said:

but once someone has it penned down it's no longer free for the taking.

seems like uniques mine so that's not the case. make a deed bigger than 5x5 next time. nearly every pen i make has perimeter mined out and/or crashed with alts (even on deli so dont act high and mighty i have 70 tracking i know who does it.....)  

3 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

deli steals unique from someone before its deeded: cool and good

deli has unique stolen from their 5x5 deed with abandoned tunnels entering it: hey wait a minute buster

'We do not go to other servers to try to take their uniques away from them, nor would we try to take one away from another player who has found one or caught one on Deliverance before us. We WILL defend our rights to keep one we found first though and if we came upon players who had found a unique before us we would NEVER try to lure it away or take it from them. Again FAIR GAME PLAY.'

• Like 6

How many threads must we have about dragons, when will the devs do something about this. Change the system and make it fair. 

• Like 8

Here's my suggestion of how it should be fixed. 

Regardless, I think the whole "Its my server, ergo my unique" mentality is silly. And it somehow makes its way out through the woodowork. Greed has its way to shine in times like this.

3 hours ago, VelvetSun said:

think we need some clear rules in place to stop players from doing things like Oblivionnreaver did to us this past weekend.

expand deed. 7x7 1 day, add 1 tile in direction cave is for each day until slaying.

Removing the huge financial gain from the uniques drops will help lessen Oblivionnreaver's greedy lust for them, I vote to remove tomes from unique drops, add them to rifts as a rare random drop, perhaps then he can spend his time chasing those instead of griefing us.

mfw i hunt hatchlings that are worthless, makes hatchlings and dragons public, give away rare bones at 90% of public slayings and skulls at nearly every single one, give tomes away to my friends and have even done public giveaways of tomes via stream and local chat. your group literally doesn't even make humanoids public so i dunno why you're talking about greedy, but its hilarious how absolutely hypocritical you're being.

, it is hard to get 15+ players together at one time for the skills required to kill them in a short period of time

hard to get 15 of your elitist group maybe, if you posted in GL you'd get 50+ people in no time

nor would we try to take one away from another player who has found one or caught one on Deliverance before us.

thats a lie and you know it. ive got better things to do than argue semantics about whats stealing and what's taking unowned property but that quote is a straight up lie.

Anyway, bias private hunt group is salty and biased, news at 11. Ive gotta get ready for work, blindly trusting a secretive group's one sided accusations when they cant even figure out who mined it out and instead scapegoat me is hilarious.

Gonna take the train instead today so i can read all this salt on the way there/home.

• Like 10

And this is how my mistrust for hunting groups increases. Hunting groups love to call others greedy when the whole purpose of their existance is to limit the amount of people that attends so they can get bigger rewards. 

I can't even...

• Like 4

M8XmO7l.png

uniques are the problem

delete uniques? (?)

29 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

give tomes away to my friends 

how to become your friend? :))))

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

A PvP'er who needs to hide behind PvE mechanics?  Please.  That's the lowest class in the gaming world.

• Like 4

It's a shame that a competion leads to so much entitlement and drama.

Edited by Sn00