Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Love in Wurm

I played another MMO that included both kids & marriage ( it was only M/F, but that was due to where it was developed more than anything ).  

Kids were "adopted" and were other players. A married couple could adopt a kid ( all 3 had to agree ). Once that was done, the avatar was turned into a kid avatar ( roughly 2/3 size ) and max skills were somewhat limited, but it granted a few other skills. The skills aren't necessary, but for roleplaying, it was fun. I had a character that was a child that had been adopted by 2 friends in the guild I was in.

I can imagine having a wife in every port on every server. Oh the drama. 

• Like 1

polygamy, same sex marriage, IVF (new cooking tool - turkey baster), adoption, consummation so many things to consider but we still don't even have black people

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 2

^^It is a bit ridiculous that we don't have a wider range of skin tones.

I think a marriage aspect would be a great addition to Wurm, and quite easily done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elentari said:

I can imagine having a wife in every port on every server. Oh the drama. 

Hey, I thought I was your only wife ?

Starting already! 

I was murdered by a crocodile in the early days of my time on Chaos. I was young, scared, and ill equipped. Hell's Kitchen was not the greatest provider but they helped me immensely. 

Upon passing my corpse a strange woman cloaked approached on a sail boat, her name was Melpy. She greeted me pleasantly enough, but then asked an unsettling question.

"Hey can I have your corpse? It is not butchered right?" she asked.

I looked back at my bloated corpse, floating in the water, it was naked and showed signs that it have been severely mauled. I felt appalled by it. But I was not familiar with the culture of the Horde.

"S-sure, it's yours." I muttered.

The cloaked figured reached for her paddle, pulling the waterlogged flesh towards her, loaded it aboard and set sail.

Some time later, I was passing through a murky swamp covered in mycelium and mushroom. The twisted trees seemed to bend towards you and stare as you move across what little road remained from the Jenn-Kellon empire.

I noticed a small stone house, tucked away among the trees, it appeared to be some sort of hovel, covered in branch and mud to hide it. My curiosity was peaked naturally, and I decided to investigate.

The air was tense, and the smell of rot seemed to emanate from the dwelling, thick fog began rolling in, making travel difficult. 

I peered into the window of the home, the smell was unbearable. Then I heard it.

"Da-De"

A tingle went up my spine, and then what reached through the window was a disgusting abomination that looked vaguely like me. I fell back.

"DAAD DEE" it screeched. Arm trying to reach me. 

Through a second window, red piercing eyes, of what appeared to be a child smiling, at my shock by the incident. Its teeth sharp as a wolf's, skin paler than Seris and those eyes blazed red as a lava demons. I noticed above the door a sign that said "Melpy's Abode" I was terrified.

I don't know what happened in that house, and what those were, but I was told by an elder that the Sea Witch Melpy commonly took the corpses of fallen Horde and raised them to have children which did her bidding. To this day I have fear.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 7

That was a well told story. Too bad we didn't have a lot more of this kind of stuff happening. Really makes it more intense.

• Like 1

No. There is enough drama in Wurm without adding this "feature". THE LAST THING i WANT TO DO IN GAMING IS TO RAISE A FAMILY. ..NO.

• Like 2

u go to a starter town to town hall throw dice n pick a partner .we got a show here in aust, married at first sight lol u run into u wife now n again lol she plays as well .both can divorce after 30 days by payin partner a settlement payment 30 copper  lol funny thinking about imagine the talk between the strangers when meet at a rift or something akward funny love it

+1 for a baby Loink NPC 

Edited by Loink

make it that is two pmks want to work together they have to have a marriage between the kingdom, and if that marriage ever falls apart there is a war between the kingdoms. which even kingom loses the war would have to end thier kingdom. or live with kingdom debuff of somesort. 

lol i watch to many of the kingdom tv show lol.

• Like 1

+1 for the marriage/companion system. Yiraia and I already have rings which we renamed them to "Wedding Ring." Might as well make it official! :)

• Like 2

+1, I always said that if I played wurm by the time I have kids, I would pay them to do chores for me. This would save me money if they could do the same.