Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

Love in Wurm

Like the majority of my suggestions I've only just thought of it.
It gets lonely sometimes in Wurm so what about a Companion System. I'm not expecting anything from this suggestion as it looks like alot of work.
There could be a Love type skillset. Maybe certain items could have values that increase love by interacting with..so the creation of date sites and travel comes into play. You could have a trinket box etc for items you give to your companion.
I heard there is still code for making babies in the Wurm code so what about children? They could have better stats etc for the higher your companion skills are. You could have to marry them off..dowry etc.. You could have to teach them, so there could be a whole set of skillsets there and you could send them to player made boarding schools..so more player buildings & travel..
It would bring back meaning to so much of Wurm

• Like 6

Heck, I would  like some way of being interacting more with significant other. Me and my wife both play. However other then a few emotes there is not much for us.

• Like 2

id like the idea of raising an npc from a child that could help u grab tools or lead horses and let them grow up ..you could charge for it like a wagoner ..20s  to raise an npc ..they could also have a limited life go from young to aged to venerable ..only not as fast as animals 

• Like 3

the social aspect of the game mechanics i agree could use a bit more.  like reasons for inns to be relevant.  i miss gift boxes, and yes a new range of emotes, and mechanics to couple, betroth maybe even npc offspring.  I Like the OP's suggesting of building a dowery etc with skilsets  it's an untouched area of wurm, the social mechanics other than what we do as players with voice comes typed chat.  penalties for divorces too?   i'm worried about arranged marriages , thought that could have unexpected hillarity.

• Like 3

a faithful stat & penalties for cheating & multiple companions maybe also?
depending on your companion stats & whats available your companion aggro's on you for finding out about your "other family" on another server?
i luv the whole idea of a trophy wife

Edited by Seraph
  • Like 1

The funny thing is that I was just shortly before commenting about Muskrats and now I see this post about "Love in Wurm". Well not funny really but just an odd coincidence. Surely we must have Muskrats added too then for their loving inspiration?

*chuckles quietly*

=Ayes=

• Like 2

ffxiv has a marriage system it would be cool if something like that could be added into wurm.

• Like 2

Yeah why not +1.

I would however have many partners SPREAD THE LOVE!

• Like 2

I have no desire for more NPCs (especially not any kind of "helper" npc), but more emotes (and emote keybinds!), gift boxes returning, and maybe some kind of marriage/coupling system like A Tale in the Desert?  (As long as it's not just m/f, that would be silly. )

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

I have no desire for more NPCs (especially not any kind of "helper" npc), but more emotes (and emote keybinds!), gift boxes returning, and maybe some kind of marriage/coupling system like A Tale in the Desert?  (As long as it's not just m/f, that would be silly. )

a child system might be asking for tto much but yeah a marriage system would be awesome!!

• Like 1

Children system is a little odd but the marriage would definitely be awesome. We have rings and emotes already, the possibilities are there!

• Like 2

Dunno about children, but some companion and getting a bonus when the companion is near would be nice.

At least it makes those canopy beds a lot more useful too. :D

Thorin :)

• Like 2

Please no, my various wives would find out about each other this way

• Like 6

ME just wonder how many people will wind up in a relationship with their alts.. and how sane that all will be irl and ingame to be a ... thing. I'll pass on this, if anything +1 for more emotes to mess around but.. there I draw the line, with cooking and fishing.. it's kind of scary how many awkward things could get into the game if it's expanded in this direction next.

• Like 3

Seraph, try Sims4.  It has pretty much everything you write about.  You might enjoy that more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Titanius said:

Seraph, try Sims4.  It has pretty much everything you write about.  You might enjoy that more.

i luv wurm!! nothing could tear me away from it!! lol
i don't see why wurm can't do with a little love

• Like 3

Don't forget now we already have the Path of Love in Wurm. Maybe those who follow it should then have some special attractiveness to other characters in the game. Of course we wouldn't want them taking advantage of others with this power somehow. Hmm, a dilemma there. Then again if you are a Path of Love follower and you don't care much for certain people (or anyone really for that matter) what happens? Nothing really as the significance of character Love in Wurm has no effect that can be rated on some skill level and rewarded accordingly.

Maybe then what really matters is the Love you might have/feel for other players on a personal level rather than some symbolic representation introduced into the game in an attempt to try to convey its meaning to another. Sometimes unfortunately there is just no equivalent game substitute for reality and we must be drawn back into it for the deeper significance emotions of life. Taking things too seriously can have its drawbacks as well I guess. Or am I? Never mind...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I actually really like this idea! I can see how some would be opposed to it since it goes against the notion that nearly every person you see is an actual player, but at it's core it's not really any different than raising an animal (which, honestly, I'd love to see the ability to train their stats too lol.) Such an interesting perspective that I've never thought about for Wurm. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayes said:

Don't forget now we already have the Path of Love in Wurm. Maybe those who follow it should then have some special attractiveness to other characters in the game. Of course we wouldn't want them taking advantage of others with this power somehow. Hmm, a dilemma there. Then again if you are a Path of Love follower and you don't care much for certain people (or anyone really for that matter) what happens? Nothing really as the significance of character Love in Wurm has no effect that can be rated on some skill level and rewarded accordingly.

Maybe then what really matters is the Love you might have/feel for other players on a personal level rather than some symbolic representation introduced into the game in an attempt to try to convey its meaning to another. Sometimes unfortunately there is just no equivalent game substitute for reality and we must be drawn back into it for the deeper significance emotions of life. Taking things too seriously can have its drawbacks as well I guess. Or am I? Never mind...

=Ayes=

+1 Ayers

Yeah I was thinking there isn't much I could expect that I can't already emulate ingame with self motivation

I could show my Alliance members & Villagers a little mo' Love & there's always fur kids

• Like 1

2 hours ago, armyskin said:

+1. Armyskin for trophy wife 2019. Make polygamy great again.

What about trophy spouses? I wanna be a trophy spouse lol. 

But ya, I love this idea about marriage in wurm! 

I'd like to add the idea of a marriage ceremony must be done by someone high up on the path of love. Or maybe a high ranking priest? Imagine being married by a master priest of Libila.... 

• Like 2