Sign in to follow this  
NeeNee

[No Bug] Meditation special places are everywhere? Possible bug?

Since this week I've been getting the "special place" message in a lot of weird places, like on pavement, grass, rock tiles, completely not flat tiles that are nowhere near sand. I'm path of knowledge, so it seems odd. 

I've had them in my main deed for a year or so now, always thought it was just another undocumented change and never bothered asking round.  I've had the same as OP for a year or perhaps longer now.  Special Place tiles on cobblestone, under house floors, etc.

PoK tiles are very common, and pavement is one of the places where it can show up. It's not just sand, it is cobble/etc and that is not a bug afaik. Just is.

I always saw and/or assumed that they should be flat though.

Meditation tiles are not an exact specific tile but rather a 'range' of tiles with certain requirements.

For example, Wiki says of Love tiles:  Love path tiles are usually found near water on flat or flattish grass with flowers around.

And another: Knowledge path tiles are usually found beside water and sand. Generally they are quite close to the shore, but some have also been found in deep waters.

I had one of my love tiles about 7-10 tiles away from water on a farm tile.  Yes it was near water, yes the tile was flat, and yes there were flowers on a nearby slope.  

I had knowledge tiles on cobblestone roads 5 tiles from a lake which had sanded sides and bottom.

• Like 1