Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Limit first person headbob to when it makes sense

Enabling first person headbob as a default, always on feature is not a good idea.  I noticed it within instants of logging in.  There was something dramatically wrong with my field of view.  I thought that there was something wrong with my video card for a second.

In real life, there is no such thing as 'first person headbob' unless you are drugged, injured, or disabled.  Games don't NEED to be true to real live, but visual sensory input is one of areas in a video game, where one needs to be careful.

If you want to implement first person headbob when a head wound is received, cool!  If you want to implement inebriation, and have first person headbob be a symptom, that's fine too.  Maybe poison, dehydration, or starvation could cause it too.

But healthy human eyesight DOES NOT DO THIS.  Our eyes and brain work together to display a steady view of the world.

Please remove this 'feature' as a default.  If you must implement it, implement it where it makes sense.

• Like 13

+1 I agree 100% - esp. as newbies could be totally put off by this feature - should be an option for those who want it - not default.

• Like 2

+1 please rethink this as it stands right now all that happens is people turn it off or use it to get bugged out thriller/dabbing/twisted inside out/a few other animation stances that in some of them even hide weapons(abusable in pvp? i think so)

+1

Leave it if you want, can be tweaked down the line, but it's a bad idea as default the way it is right now.

OP's right, our eyes naturally keep the view steady except under extreme/unusual circumstances.  To achieve that "head bob" effect rl would imply gluing ones eyes to a fixed position.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, Baloo said:

+1 I agree 100% - esp. as newbies could be totally put off by this feature - should be an option for those who want it - not default.

+1

--edit

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

What Wurm feels like right now...

giphy.gif

Edited by Finnn
had to..