Sign in to follow this  
Batta

What's my bank balance?

I'm on a server with no starter town, therefore no settlement tokens anywhere yet.  How can I find out if I have enough money to start a deed?  Is there any command to check my bank balance?

Are you part of a deed? If so you can try add to upkeep. As its WU quite a few of them mods which lets you right click your body and withdraw also. You can also maybe make a shaft then make a deed stake and try and i till give you an error if you do not have any money. 

6 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Are you part of a deed? If so you can try add to upkeep. As its WU quite a few of them mods which lets you right click your body and withdraw also. You can also maybe make a shaft then make a deed stake and try and i till give you an error if you do not have any money. 

There are no deeds on the server yet.

All the deed stake says is that I don't have enough money, but it doesn't say how much I have.

The server doesn't have mods for bank balance, and it's not my server so I can't fix that.

mail yourself something for 1 iron, the receive window will have your current bank balance in it. otherwise it's just gonna be a guessing game where you try to create a deed every few hours/days.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

mail yourself something for 1 iron, the receive window will have your current bank balance in it. otherwise it's just gonna be a guessing game where you try to create a deed every few hours/days.

We have no priests yet, either.  It's a 1x server

(nobody to bless a mailbox)

Edited by Batta

Maybe get the server owner (or someone with GM powers) to spawn in a starter town?

Login into wurm shop on their page u will see your ingame silver balance there too

edit: just noticed it's for WU so my answer is wrong :D

Edited by cybaru
Blindness

26 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Maybe get the server owner (or someone with GM powers) to spawn in a starter town?

The server owner deliberately didn't want there to be a starter town, so this won't work.

How are you supposed to increase your silver in bank if you cant even put coins to a token? (there being no token). 

2 minutes ago, Maiev said:

How are you supposed to increase your silver in bank if you cant even put coins to a token? (there being no token). 

It's not my server, so I can't answer what he intended. However, bounties go directly to our bank accounts. We just have no idea how much money we have.

do you not get the current account balance message when you get a bounty? 

2 minutes ago, Maiev said:

do you not get the current account balance message when you get a bounty? 

Bounties are far apart, as we are weak and have no armour or weapons. Nobody thought to write it down when they managed to find something small to kill.

The world is almost entirely populated with creatures that would kill us easily. I almost got killed by a wildcat, even though I'd managed to make a longsword and metal shield. 

So going out to kill something as a way to check our bank balances won't work.

Just now, Nordlys said:

Question is; why would you need to know the balance? :D 

Not really. The question is, how can we find out our bank balances.

Kill a creature. If youre not strong enough to kill anything, i can not imagine why you would need to know. Dont mean to be negative here, but if the server admin dont want to add the mod that lets you check the bank balance by writing «/bankbalance» you would just have to wait. :) 

That sounds like a great survival experience. If I played wu I would have definitely joined you guys. Good luck out there 

What I'm looking for here is some official word on whether or not it's possible to check our bank balances.  Not really looking for people's opinions about whether or not we should want to check them, just for someone with enough knowledge about WU to let us know if there is a way.

I think what people are trying to say - there is a few ways.

1. If mod for bounties is on is trying to kill something

2. If there is deed then at the deed.

3. Mailbox check

4. Mod that lets you do that (server side)

There is no know to public other ways to check your bank balance. 

And thats it. No other ways. If that is the answer you were looking for. 

The methods people gave normally work to get the answer that you need, were it not for the mods that got rid of said methods. I don't think there's some "official word" on how to check your balance, especially on a modded server.

That said, if the bounties obtained actually give you an update on your bank balance in the event chat, you could try and dig up your history chat logs.

I don't know the exact or default file path, but it will probably look something like this: "Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players\<playername>\logs".

Check your events.txt files in there for any bank balance changes.

If, however, the mod(s) also don't show the new bank balance in the event chat upon completing bounties, you're probably out of luck.

You may want to ask the mod creator - or your server's owner/host - for these specific questions, as this is not so much an official standard issue but rather one that's specific to the way that specific server was set up.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

I think what people are trying to say - there is a few ways.

1. If mod for bounties is on is trying to kill something

2. If there is deed then at the deed.

3. Mailbox check

4. Mod that lets you do that (server side)

There is no know to public other ways to check your bank balance. 

And thats it. No other ways. If that is the answer you were looking for. 

This is exactly what I was wanting to find out, though I was hoping there was something I didn't know about that could work. ?   Thanks for responding.

• Like 1