Sign in to follow this  
Daryan_AT

[No Bug] Clean option vanishing

If you fuel forge, let it burn out, you get the cleaning option to recieve ash. If i just start rhe action useing a shovel, and then cancel it short after, i can not redo the cleaning. The "clean" is not shown anymore.  I have tried this multiple times, and it happens every time. Seems not that this is a logic thing to do, i did not recieve ash, and the forge is still dirty, thus cleaning should be still available.

• Like 1

I think it doesn't even matter if you have gotten the first ash or not, it just resets to 'cleaned' and no option to gather ash until you start another fire in it.. it's same for forge/oven, almost sure it's same for kiln/smelters.

Additionally.. character movement resets/cancels the action which currently also resets to clean state.

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

I think it doesn't even matter if you have gotten the first ash or not, it just resets to 'cleaned' and no option to gather ash until you start another fire in it.. it's same for forge/oven, almost sure it's same for kiln/smelters.

Additionally.. character movement resets/cancels the action which currently also resets to clean state.

Indeed, correct. 

I did not get any ash in the post i did above. I canceled with Esc before the first ash (of 3)

It also does cancel by other means quite easily. That is the thing that i critique here. Thanks for addition Fin

It's a same thing with forestry, you start harvesting fruits and if you stop you can't do it again no matter if you get fruit or not. Most likely design is to reset flag(harvestable,cleanable) upon start of action not on end which I guess make sense otherwise could be abused with continuously starting and canceling actions to create infinite source... So I doubt it's a bug.

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

I am nearly positive that the forestry harvestability does not reset until the first fruit / nut is harvested.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, Shydow said:

I am nearly positive that the forestry harvestability does not reset until the first fruit / nut is harvested.

What about the clean option?

It does feel as a bug to me - maybe change it so you reviece the (3) ash at end of the timer, easy

bump

The clean option does vanish immediately upon action start, whether or not it gets any ash before it is cancelled. I agree that this is probably a bug; I was just pointing out that Forestry worked differently.

• Like 1

This is the intended behavior per the devs.  Once you start the clean action you must complete it in order to get the ash.